Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default O'Neil Bell - Jean Marc Mormeck 2

This should be a goodie. The cruiser weight devison is surely heating up, this will surely cancel one of the big players out of the devision. But what will 2007 have in store for the cruiser weights ? i do enjoy watching these guys fight.

Saturday 17 March 2007 in Levallois, France this fight will take place.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: O'Neil Bell - Jean Marc Mormeck 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon
    This should be a goodie. The cruiser weight devison is surely heating up, this will surely cancel one of the big players out of the devision. But what will 2007 have in store for the cruiser weights ? i do enjoy watching these guys fight.

wtf, WBC said he had to fight hayes next?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw Mormeck on some undercard stay busy fight and he actually looked like crap imo... Had me thinking maybe he's a little shopworn or sliding, he is older like 36 or so I believe.. Who knows should be a good fight again while it lasts, either guy is vulnerable and dangerous at the same time, makes for a good matchup definetly.. I have trouble picking Bell confidently because he really isn't hard to hit and is limited at times, but he can definetly punch. Would like to see the winner fight David Haye for sure. Has anyone seen the guy from Poland who beat Steve Cunningham, I think he has a belt at cruiser now, can't remember his name but he's certainly in the mix now.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon

wtf, WBC said he had to fight hayes next?
    I'm not sure mate, i just saw this on boxrec and thought it needs to be talked about :P

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the end result will be the same. Except this time Bell stops him sooner. Around the 5th round or so. And he'll dispose of Haye even sooner. 2nd or 3rd round. If Haye can't beat a 75 year old Carl Thompson, he can't beat Bell

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Bell got knocked out by Mohamed Benguesmia he will get annihilated by Haye.

By the way Thompson was only 73 at the time.

Wouldnt be the first time boxrec have jumped the gun.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis

totaly confused me, coz the whole point of haye's last fight was to decide who bell HAD to fight next to defend his WBC, haye is now ranked #1 by the WBc, there was a gap for bell to fight in that 'super fight' heavy weight thing, but thats been called of? so surly he has to fight haye, haye was taking about how hard it is for him to make 190, and how he wants the bell fight asap so he canmove up to HW, so i can't see him being paid off for these 2 to fight first...

sounds bit dodgy to me

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Mormeck realises that he made a crucial mistake in letting Bell off the hook, I like that Mormeck has kept busy and fought since there meeting. On the other hand Bell fought once in 2006 as he wasted his time on the list of the Super Fighter tourney....

I think Mormeck can get his titles back, well at least 2 of them as I think of he beats Bell as much as I like Wlodarczyk I think he will avoid Mormeck like the plague.....

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You want to hold Bell's loss which happened in his second fight (and 9 years ago) against him. Go ahead. Just don't hurt yourself reaching

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

VD you ever feel that you take things too literally?

When Bell gets KTFO I'll be sure not to make any cheap jokes at your expense, wouldnt want to upset
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mormeck is getting older,but I'm sure had he not gassed,he could have pressured Bell all the way through the fight and stopped him late but he just ran out of steam. Although I'd fancy Bell, I would not be surprised to see Mormeck win. Whatever happens,it should be a good fight,their first was awesome!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

totaly confused me, coz the whole point of haye's last fight was to decide who bell HAD to fight next to defend his WBC, haye is now ranked #1 by the WBc, there was a gap for bell to fight in that 'super fight' heavy weight thing, but thats been called of? so surly he has to fight haye, haye was taking about how hard it is for him to make 190, and how he wants the bell fight asap so he canmove up to HW, so i can't see him being paid off for these 2 to fight first...

sounds bit dodgy to me
    I'm not sure what happened, but according to The Ring, Mormeck somehow became Bell's WBC mandatory. http://www.thering-online.com/ringpages/ringupdate.html (just word-search "mormeck") It doesn't make any sense, since Mormeck's done nothing notable since losing to Bell. I don't know what happened to Haye in the WBC mix. Another strike against the sanctioning bodies....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza

sounds bit dodgy to me
    I'm not sure what happened, but according to The Ring, Mormeck somehow became Bell's WBC mandatory. http://www.thering-online.com/ringpages/ringupdate.html (just word-search "mormeck") It doesn't make any sense, since Mormeck's done nothing notable since losing to Bell. I don't know what happened to Haye in the WBC mix. Another strike against the sanctioning bodies....
    cheers for the info dude,

Thread Information