Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: what if maywether stops pac in the middle rounds of a one sided fight, who next?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default what if maywether stops pac in the middle rounds of a one sided fight, who next?

I say Alvarez then Kahn then try to fight Martinez then retire! After jail of course

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: what if maywether stops pac in the middle rounds of a one sided fight, who next?

That's a big what if, we'll be lucky to see the fight this year.

IF Floyd could do that, Khan at this stage would be a money fight so makes sense, then Alvarez would be a very good scalp, very dangerous though and then could be getting Martinez at the right time.

Martinez for me only has size and power to his advantage, no disrespect intended but based purely on boxing skills it's a one horse race but Martinez could swarm all over him with that power.

If those fights came off, with wins, his legacy would be well and truly cemented.

If Pac vs Floyd does not happen this year, it will be dangerously close to the 'should have happened sooner' debate as to whether they met in their primes and that would be a tragic loss to this boxing age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: what if maywether stops pac in the middle rounds of a one sided fight, who next?

I'm betting the fight will not happen. Unless, of course, it happens for some charity event years in the future when they've both long retired.
    "The day I clipped the Butterfly's wings."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a big if but if it happens then I say Martinez is next.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manos de Piedra View Post
    It's a big if but if it happens then I say Martinez is next.
    Yeah that's most likely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You obviously expect FMJ to actually setup a fight in less than 1-1/2 years.

I personally think FMJ will get his ass kicked and everybody will wonder why he's still smiling with his millions of dollars. The guy has zero respect for the sport. He's fueling everybody with this PED bull acting like he is cleaning up the sport. Since fighting JMM The LIGHTWEIGHT CHAMP and coming in overweight I have lost almost all respect for him. The Ortiz KO was bullshit, too. Mosley was a good win, but he had nothing left in the tank after round 2...

I am happy he's resorting to being a whiney cry baby because Pac won't fight him. That's what you get for beating up your baby-momma, not paying taxes, beating up security guards, and spreading rumors about fighters you want to get in the ring with.

Now who is the punk, punk?
    Last edited by JonnyFolds; 01-27-2012 at 08:50 PM.
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacquiao has a very good chin and Mayweather hasn't stopped anyone (unless you count Ortiz) in over five years so you may be getting a little ahead of yourself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can’t see Floyd KOing Pac at all but I do see him earning a clear decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez rematch. I believe in him

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrhydro View Post
    I say Alvarez then Kahn then try to fight Martinez then retire! After jail of course
    If he beats Pac and then all of those guys, he must be top 10 p4p of all time!!!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gocougars3 View Post
    Pacquiao has a very good chin and Mayweather hasn't stopped anyone (unless you count Ortiz) in over five years so you may be getting a little ahead of yourself.
    Floyd wont ko pac but stands a good chance in stopping him either by cuts or the ref stops it if . Pac is easy to hit. Not saying it will happen but if the fight pans out anything like Mannys fights with Marquez i expect Floyd to stop him late. After the first few rounds there isnt going to be many oppenings for Pac to catch Floyd with i think Floyd will get hit with the straight left early much like the Zab fight then he will start timeing him on the way in and start to bust his face up slowly. I think Manny is on the decline more than Mayweather aswell hes suffering from leg cramps alot now and doesnt seem to have the same intensity throughout the fight as he used to.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyFolds View Post
    You obviously expect FMJ to actually setup a fight in less than 1-1/2 years.

I personally think FMJ will get his ass kicked and everybody will wonder why he's still smiling with his millions of dollars. The guy has zero respect for the sport. He's fueling everybody with this PED bull acting like he is cleaning up the sport. Since fighting JMM The LIGHTWEIGHT CHAMP and coming in overweight I have lost almost all respect for him. The Ortiz KO was bullshit, too. Mosley was a good win, but he had nothing left in the tank after round 2...

I am happy he's resorting to being a whiney cry baby because Pac won't fight him. That's what you get for beating up your baby-momma, not paying taxes, beating up security guards, and spreading rumors about fighters you want to get in the ring with.

Now who is the punk, punk?
    and Manny should just be let off the hook? lol his side is the one holding up the fight right now, and it's not like Manny's been spectacular as of late, beating up on Mosley who had even less in the tank than he did again against Floyd, then getting a gift decision against Marquez (also he pulled the same bullshit as Floyd only doing it ahead of the fight citing that he couldn't make 140 anymore ), Pacquiao deserves as much of the backlash that he's getting since taking on Mosley and more-so since getting a gift decision against Marquez, both guys are the best of this generation yet they BOTH ARE TWO STUCK UP WHINEY PRIMADONNA'S WHO CHERRY PICK OPPONENTS, it's come to the point of shit or get off the pot for both guys

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I honestly think he fight will not happen and if it did then both would retire because they would be too old and would not earn anywhere near that amount again against anyone else.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it happens and Floyd is in great condition he will have to move up or defend the title once or twice and say good by.

Thread Information