Ex'way to Rocco Skull

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Foreman clubs out EVERYONE but Ali

Not sure George beats Lennox or Riddick Bowe. Both guys were very big men who were faster and more mobile than a prime Foreman. George may have had the strength and power advantage over both, but they were much better boxers and had more options in the ring.

In my opinion, Larry Holmes and Evander Holyfield beat any version of Foreman. Holmes, in my opinion, is a very underrated boxer whose jab, chin, stamina, and movement would've made him EXTREMELY difficult for Foreman (or any heavyweight, including Ali) to beat during his prime. Evander would just be a bad style match up, able to utilize his stamina, chin, and underrated defense to survive 6-7 brutal rounds before stopping an exhausted Foreman. You have to remember that a young Foreman was not clever at all, and knew nothing about pace.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Not sure George beats Lennox or Riddick Bowe. Both guys were very big men who were faster and more mobile than a prime Foreman. George may have had the strength and power advantage over both, but they were much better boxers and had more options in the ring.

In my opinion, Larry Holmes and Evander Holyfield beat any version of Foreman. Holmes, in my opinion, is a very underrated boxer whose jab, chin, stamina, and movement would've made him EXTREMELY difficult for Foreman (or any heavyweight, including Ali) to beat during his prime. Evander would just be a bad style match up, able to utilize his stamina, chin, and underrated defense to survive 6-7 brutal rounds before stopping an exhausted Foreman. You have to remember that a young Foreman was not clever at all, and knew nothing about pace.
    Foreman had a good fight with Evander when Holy field was at his peak and George old. Prime George would have stopped Evander because Holyfield like to fight and that would have spelt trouble for him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Foreman had a good fight with Evander when Holy field was at his peak and George old. Prime George would have stopped Evander because Holyfield like to fight and that would have spelt trouble for him.
    Where I see things different is that actually, Foreman was better suited to fight Evander when he was older, smarter, and knew about the importance of pacing himself. The young Foreman would have gone all out and tried for the knockout, exhausting himself in the process. Evander has a world class chin, heart, and stamina. He had very underrated boxing skills, and his defense was on point when he needed it to be. It would have been brutal for Evander for the first 6 or 7 rounds, but Evander was difficult to stop during his prime (almost impossible), and George struggled with guys who could last the distance (Ali/Young). Evander would last the distance.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where I see things different is that actually, Foreman was better suited to fight Evander when he was older, smarter, and knew about the importance of pacing himself. The young Foreman would have gone all out and tried for the knockout, exhausting himself in the process. Evander has a world class chin, heart, and stamina. He had very underrated boxing skills, and his defense was on point when he needed it to be. It would have been brutal for Evander for the first 6 or 7 rounds, but Evander was difficult to stop during his prime (almost impossible), and George struggled with guys who could last the distance (Ali/Young). Evander would last the distance.
    Foreman was never stopped by anyone other than Ali and Evander would not be able to do that. Foreman would pace himself better and I could not see Evander stand up to Foreman's blows. Taking Bowes is one thing but Big George is a different thing.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Foreman was never stopped by anyone other than Ali and Evander would not be able to do that. Foreman would pace himself better and I could not see Evander stand up to Foreman's blows. Taking Bowes is one thing but Big George is a different thing.
    Wasn't just Bowe's punches Evander took. He took Tyson's, Lewis's, Foreman's, Moorer's, Mercer's, Cooper's, and Rahman's best punches, and those guys had legitimate one punch power. You are correct that only Ali stopped George, but Jimmy Young came very close as well, late in their fight. I feel that Evander could punch harder than either of those guys, not that it would matter much. George was stopped due to exhaustion, which would also be a factor in his fight vs. Evander. Foreman was a beast in his prime, and EXTREMELY strong. Evander was no slouch in the strength department, however, and would likely be "up" for a fight against a prime Foreman. I can definitely see your argument/POV, and think you make valid points, but we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

prime GF *****smokes****** prime EH

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Well, when u go in depth like that, it's definitely tough to argue. Very deep/in depth analysis u wrote there.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, when u go in depth like that, it's definitely tough to argue. Very deep/in depth analysis u wrote there.
    I think if you go through all his past posts and threads you'll see he's almost never right about anything.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

says it all

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    I think if you go through all his past posts and threads you'll see he's almost never right about anything.

Thread Information