Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hopkins-Dawson II April 28

The date has been set for the rematch. I really want to see this fight with no BS, as there was in the first fight. Should be a good one. It's going to be in Atlantic City.

Bernard Hopkins, Chad Dawson agree to April 28 rematch - ESPN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hopkins-Dawson II April 28

Kind of shuts up the 'Hopkins faked it to get out of fighting Dawson' crowd doesnt it. Hopefully it wont be PPV though, that'd be a bit cheeky if it was.
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good to see a rematch to clear things up
    It won't be on PPV but I hope it has a good undercard/ supporting bout
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Schaefer Discusses Details of Hopkins-Dawson Rematch - Boxing News

I think this has the potential to be a good fight, I think all of the shit Dawson was saying after the fight is going to get B-hop in the mood for shutting him up.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Schaefer Discusses Details of Hopkins-Dawson Rematch - Boxing News

I think this has the potential to be a good fight, I think all of the shit Dawson was saying after the fight is going to get B-hop in the mood for shutting him up.
    I hope so, I'd love to see Hopkins defeat Dawson then move up & fight the winner of Cunningham/ Hernandez

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am in the back of my mind wondering when Hopkins is actually going to get too old though. It would be so impressive if he beats Dawson and wins a title at cruiserweight. I wonder how much he has left in him now though??

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am in the back of my mind wondering when Hopkins is actually going to get too old though. It would be so impressive if he beats Dawson and wins a title at cruiserweight. I wonder how much he has left in him now though??
    I remember reading a recent interview where he said he wanted to have 4 fights to end out his career

I with you though in wondering when he'll get old

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This could turn out to be a rally good battle if Hopkins doesn't age in the middle rounds. Dawson can also redeem himself if he kept his mind on business fight night on Hopkins and there is no daydreaming or scoping out the round card girl at ringside.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MMASUX View Post
    The date has been set for the rematch. I really want to see this fight with no BS, as there was in the first fight. Should be a good one. It's going to be in Atlantic City.

Bernard Hopkins, Chad Dawson agree to April 28 rematch - ESPN
    Like someone said, lets hope it's not a PPV. I believe Dawson will win the rematch, but the fight will have some controversy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he beats Dawson it will be increadibly impressive. He would have beaten Pascal and Dawson. The other two guys in the top three of the devision. He would be the number 1 ranked light heavyweight in the world at the age of 47. Im not sure of this but was Forman ranked number 1 when he won his title at that age or did he just beat one guy for the title and then go.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Leighton View Post
    If he beats Dawson it will be increadibly impressive. He would have beaten Pascal and Dawson. The other two guys in the top three of the devision. He would be the number 1 ranked light heavyweight in the world at the age of 47. Im not sure of this but was Forman ranked number 1 when he won his title at that age or did he just beat one guy for the title and then go.
    I don't think Foreman was even rated, as he was coming of the loss to Morrison, who then got starched by Bentt, plus he hadn't fought in a year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Leighton View Post
    I don't think Foreman was even rated, as he was coming of the loss to Morrison, who then got starched by Bentt, plus he hadn't fought in a year
    So it would be quite something. I think after watching the begining of the last fight I would go for Dawson winning. But bhop came back against Pascal so he may have done the same in that fight if the incident would not have happened. I think it will be an exciting fight if there is no dirty moves or play acting.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I pick Hopkins to win this. Dawson looked rattled after the first fight, refusing the rematch and those antics. It will be close for about 4 rounds then its all Hopkins. Hopkins is very smart and you can never count a smart fighter out.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm really glad this has been made. Sentimentally, I'd like to see Hopkins win but I think it's better for the sport if Dawson wins and looks great doing it (i.e., finally looks like he's reaching his potential). I do think Dawson will edge it -- but it's nearly impossible to look good against Hopkins.

If Dawson can step up and keep his foot on the gas for all 12 rounds, he should win this and should beat Cloud pretty convincingly. Then the fight I'd want to see in 2-3 years is a fight with Andre Ward.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not an exciting fight. But chad didn't deserve to win the way he did, and b hop didn't deserve to get off the hook with the performance or excuse me injury he tried to pull off. Fight settle this shit then the winner fight cloud.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Thread Information