Default Re: Golovkin v Canelo 2 CONFIRMED

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OMG that really makes me want to see Canelo get ripped apart. I wonder how much Canelo will weigh tomorrow. Will he even let them announce it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't find a running order?

@Alpha or anyone know what time the Choco-Fuentes fight starts? Is that part of HBO's PPV?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Billy Joe Saunders claims it is his ‘destiny’ to fight Gennady Golovkin after undefeated ‘great’ defeats Canelo Alvarez

The WBO middleweight champion is eyeing a unification bout against the undefeated Kazakh after he defeats Canelo on Saturday night

Billy Joe Saunders claims it is his ‘destiny’ to fight, and beat, Gennady Golovkin in the near future.

The reigning WBO middleweight champion will no doubt be watching GGG’s next contest extremely closely – the undefeated Kazakh will face Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez in their highly-anticipated rematch on Saturday night, which has already threatened to turn sour.

WBA and WBC title holder Golovkin will be aiming to avoid going to the judges again, after their fight last year was controversially awarded as a draw.

Saunders, who faces American Demetrius Andrade on October 20 in Boston live on talkSPORT, hopes Golovkin will come through the fight unscathed to set up a tantalising unification down the line.

“The one I want is Golovkin,” Saunders exclusively told the Daily Star. “I believe it is destiny, I believe he is going to win and I will come through then I will show the world what I really am.

“I know I have to be on my game for Andrade, that is not an easy fight and I can’t mess up.

“I would love to see Golovkin come through, me beat Andrade and then we get it on. That’s the end goal for me.

“It’s destiny, it’s meant to happen. I genuinely believe, no matter what people may say, I will beat one of the greats.

“When I was walking to the ring for my last fight with David Lemieux I was thinking ‘This isn’t Golovkin’ and I still boxed out of my skin.

“When I box someone like Golovkin I will have 36 minutes to become an absolute superstar, a household name.

“Nobody will take that away from me once that bell rings. I want that big fight to show what I am.

“I can’t look past Andrade, he’s in the way of that dream. Once I beat Golovkin, I can say I’ve done everything.”

Golovkin’s clash against Canelo was one of the most intriguing and controversial clashes of 2017.

After surviving an early flurry from the Mexican, the 36-year-old began to dominate proceedings. However, judge Adalaide Byrd somehow scored the fight 118-110 in Canelo’s favour – meaning the Kazakh won just two rounds.

In order to avoid such a conundrum, Billy Joe warned his potential opponent he must knock out Canelo to win their Las Vegas rematch.

He added: ““I think Golovkin needs to start fast. He’s naturally the bigger man and he needs to make his presence felt. He has to stick to him like glue.

“Canelo is not a good mover on his toes to get out of trouble. He has to punch himself out of trouble.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...anelo-alvarez/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I can't find a running order?

@Alpha or anyone know what time the Choco-Fuentes fight starts? Is that part of HBO's PPV?
    Time: 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT), all 4 fights are supposed to be shown.

Gonzalez/ Fuentes
    Lemieux/ O'Sullivan
    Munguia/ Cook
    GGG/ Canelo
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golovkin slams 'clown' Alvarez after heated weigh-in

Gennady Golovkin labelled Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez a "clown" after a heated weigh-in on Friday.

After both made weight, Alvarez rushed at Golovkin for the traditional stare down, briefly putting his forehead against the unfazed Kazakh's.

Golovkin (38-0-1) will defend his WBA (Super), WBC and IBO middleweight titles at T-Mobile Arena in a rematch of their drawn fight from a year ago.

The 36-year-old hit out at Alvarez's antics at the weigh-in, promising a "war" on Saturday.

"I saw he is like a clown, he is like a showman, he is not a true guy," Golovkin said.

"Tomorrow, you'll see a real war. This is not a fight, this is not a regular fight, [it's] like a special war."

Alvarez (49-1-2) is fighting for the first time since facing Golovkin a year ago, having served a six-month drugs ban.

The Mexican accepted he got slightly carried away at the weigh-in, saying: "Look, I got excited from seeing all the fans and it motivated me to do that right now.

"I defeated him at the weigh-in, now it's time for me to defeat him on Saturday."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/gol...004126764.html

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I question Canelo's sanity: 'I defeated him at the weigh in'. You fell off your chair and acted like a tool. For the sake of decency knock this guy the fuck out. He is horrible for boxing. As is fishnets.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can not remember a fighter so hated, despised or people wanted to see lose as much as Canelo.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Can not remember a fighter so hated, despised or people wanted to see lose as much as Canelo.
    I know, I do t remember when I started hating Canelo, yes I do it was the Trout fight

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cassius Clay was much more hated
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Cassius Clay was much more hated
    Will you get your head out of the 1960's!

I know fighters like Eubank and Floyd made a living out of people watching their fights to see them lose but this is much different.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My mate has just invited himself round to mine, I've had to let him know in no uncertain terms that there will be no drinking because I am watching the villa at 5:30pm and then I'm staying up for the fight.

No doubt he will try and get me to have a drink but there is no chance of it happening today, he can come round and sit quietly in the corner but he ain't disrupting my plans

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    My mate has just invited himself round to mine, I've had to let him know in no uncertain terms that there will be no drinking because I am watching the villa at 5:30pm and then I'm staying up for the fight.

No doubt he will try and get me to have a drink but there is no chance of it happening today, he can come round and sit quietly in the corner but he ain't disrupting my plans
    Yeah right, you will get bladdered and miss all the fights.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

Yeah right, you will get bladdered and miss all the fights.
    Nah no chance, I actually went out last night and drank like a normal human being, only had 6 pints of Stella all night.

It's pretty shit staying sober when you go out.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I question Canelo's sanity: 'I defeated him at the weigh in'. You fell off your chair and acted like a tool. For the sake of decency knock this guy the fuck out. He is horrible for boxing. As is fishnets.

What he said..... "multiplied by infinity and taken to the depths of forever."

Thread Information