Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Briggs VS Klitschko : Observations

First and foremost, I'd like to say that whenever Vitali and his brother have a part in the promotions and theatrics in the German arenas, they pull out all the stops. When was the last time you saw entrances like that? The fans over there are great (and respectful), the videos and lightshows were spectacular, and it was really a nice change of pace from the venues here in the states. When the brothers Klitschko are all done, they should continue promoting and being involved with all the theatrics for the entrances, videos and ambiance. Well done.

Second, I've read all the posts on Vitali's "declining power." There is no doubt some truth behind the notion he's not swinging the same hammer at 40 that he was at 30, but huge props to Shannon for the beating he took too. I think this is a case of a little from column A and a little from column B. I forget what round it was, (late, like 10-12) but Vitali had Shannon on the ropes and was just teeing off and playing around and tagging at will, and he backed up and raised his eyebrows at Shannon in this hilariously comic gesture as if to say "How are you still up? Is it me or is it you?" He was staring at Shannon like he had discovered some new species of nasty bug and was trying to study its habits. I about died when I saw it. Vitali, like the rest of us, was pretty confused as to how Shannon was still on his feet.

I definitely saw a lack of the thudding and underrated power Ive grown accustomed to watching Vitali over the years. Seems to me he is throwing more arm punches and commiting less of his body to the thunder, in hopes of not being out of position and getting caught. The guy IS almost 40, and it's not a bad strategy, but it, along with his advancing age, is combining to make it seem as though he's lost a lot of pop on his punches.

However, I also think Vitali rises to the absolute level required of him, and nothing more. The style required to counter the style he's facing is the one he adopts for the night. I think if David Haye had been in with him, you would have seen a style more suited to deal with Haye' s speed and early power. Shannon was no real threat to Vitali and so he fought like it. There was no need to do otherwise.

I wish a speedy return to health and happiness to Shannon, who absorbed 4 rounds of punishment more than he should have, and to David Haye: your chances are getting better and better the longer you wait, old chap. I reckon by the time you get Vitali in the ring in his 40's your odds will climb exponentially.

Here's a question to ponder lads. Could David have taken the same right hands all night for 12 rounds?

Lastly, I dont know exactly why, but the idea was brought up during the fight that Thomas Adamek might fight Vitali next. My heart said Vitali would thump him, but my MIND said oh hey I dont like this matchup, stay away Vitali. Does anyone rate Adamek against Vitali or have I lost it completely?
    Last edited by Balboa; 10-18-2010 at 12:15 AM.
    Hey, yo Tommy, I didn't hear no bell.
    Rocky Balboa

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Briggs VS Klitschko : Observations

#1 No he wouldn't take those punches for 12 rounds

#2 HAHAHA, Adamek might have heart, but look what that got Shannon. Tomaz Adamek is a good guy and all, but his defense isn't exactly glorious and his power certainly isn't close to any of the top bangers at heavyweight, so I doubt it would bother Vitali. Adamek had better fight Vitali...Wladimir would seriously hurt him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Adamek should do some extensive research on Vitali before stepping in the ring with him. The guy's pushin 40 and all but he knows how to attack and defend with many other heavyweights. He has the experience and wit to dominate the match, and Adamek has to consider that advantage of Vitali's, when preparing to face him.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Balboa View Post
    First and foremost, I'd like to say that whenever Vitali and his brother have a part in the promotions and theatrics in the German arenas, they pull out all the stops. When was the last time you saw entrances like that? The fans over there are great (and respectful), the videos and lightshows were spectacular, and it was really a nice change of pace from the venues here in the states. When the brothers Klitschko are all done, they should continue promoting and being involved with all the theatrics for the entrances, videos and ambiance. Well done.

Second, I've read all the posts on Vitali's "declining power." There is no doubt some truth behind the notion he's not swinging the same hammer at 40 that he was at 30, but huge props to Shannon for the beating he took too. I think this is a case of a little from column A and a little from column B. I forget what round it was, (late, like 10-12) but Vitali had Shannon on the ropes and was just teeing off and playing around and tagging at will, and he backed up and raised his eyebrows at Shannon in this hilariously comic gesture as if to say "How are you still up? Is it me or is it you?" He was staring at Shannon like he had discovered some new species of nasty bug and was trying to study its habits. I about died when I saw it. Vitali, like the rest of us, was pretty confused as to how Shannon was still on his feet.

I definitely saw a lack of the thudding and underrated power Ive grown accustomed to watching Vitali over the years. Seems to me he is throwing more arm punches and commiting less of his body to the thunder, in hopes of not being out of position and getting caught. The guy IS almost 40, and it's not a bad strategy, but it, along with his advancing age, is combining to make it seem as though he's lost a lot of pop on his punches.

However, I also think Vitali rises to the absolute level required of him, and nothing more. The style required to counter the style he's facing is the one he adopts for the night. I think if David Haye had been in with him, you would have seen a style more suited to deal with Haye' s speed and early power. Shannon was no real threat to Vitali and so he fought like it. There was no need to do otherwise.

I wish a speedy return to health and happiness to Shannon, who absorbed 4 rounds of punishment more than he should have, and to David Haye: your chances are getting better and better the longer you wait, old chap. I reckon by the time you get Vitali in the ring in his 40's your odds will climb exponentially.

Here's a question to ponder lads. Could David have taken the same right hands all night for 12 rounds?

Lastly, I dont know exactly why, but the idea was brought up during the fight that Thomas Adamek might fight Vitali next. My heart said Vitali would thump him, but my MIND said oh hey I dont like this matchup, stay away Vitali. Does anyone rate Adamek against Vitali or have I lost it completely?
    I agree with pretty much everything you say.

Haye would not be able to take the same number of shots, but he wouldn't get hit like Briggs did. He'd also actually throw punches back. At this point, I'd favour Haye against Vitali. Wlad would murder him though.

As for Adamek, he's just too small to be a legitimate threat to either Klitschko (or Haye for that matter). He doesn't hit hard at the weight, his defense isn't good enough, and I think there are some question-marks about how well hit chin can hold up at the weight.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this is a case of a little from column A and a little from column B. I forget what round it was, (late, like 10-12) but Vitali had Shannon on the ropes and was just teeing off and playing around and tagging at will, and he backed up and raised his eyebrows at Shannon in this hilariously comic gesture as if to say "How are you still up? Is it me or is it you?" He was staring at Shannon like he had discovered some new species of nasty bug and was trying to study its habits. I about died when I saw it. Vitali, like the rest of us, was pretty confused as to how Shannon was still on his feet.
    Vitali makes that fuckin stupid face when hes sucking in air, he does it all the time. Watch the Sanders fight. When Corrie drops him his expression is that of a man looking down the barrel of a loaded gun

Here, watch Vitalis expressions as Sanders hurts him repeatedly in the first.

Last edited by ross; 10-18-2010 at 08:43 AM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

I agree with pretty much everything you say.

Haye would not be able to take the same number of shots, but he wouldn't get hit like Briggs did. He'd also actually throw punches back. At this point, I'd favour Haye against Vitali. Wlad would murder him though.

As for Adamek, he's just too small to be a legitimate threat to either Klitschko (or Haye for that matter). He doesn't hit hard at the weight, his defense isn't good enough, and I think there are some question-marks about how well hit chin can hold up at the weight.
    i dunno man, haye would only need one half decent punch and he is more than capable of that

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vitali is very effective at what he does. He is very good at manoeuvring his opponent with his left hand and he is very patient and accurate with his right hand. Plus he is good on his feet.

His style actually doesn't need a great deal of power... But it helps.

I would like to see how he would fair against a fighter who insisted on moving to Vitali's left and maybe going the body more. Vitali didn't like that at all (body) and really, Briggs only stopped doing it of his own accord.
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 10-18-2010 at 10:57 AM.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    i dunno man, haye would only need one half decent punch and he is more than capable of that
    You need more than one, Corrie Sanders hit Wlad with more than a few clean power punches before the fight was stopped. Lamon Breswter hit Wlad hard more than a few times as well and sure the punches had effect on Wlad, they hurt him, but it was never just 1 that stopped him. To stop Wlad you have to hit him hard and follow up and that's hard to do obviously.

I guess Odlanier Solis is next for Vitali unless Valuev comes out of hiding.

Do you think Valuev could take that punishment for 12 rounds and still be standing at the end??

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I reckon It'd be interesting to see how quickly Vitali would gass out against a very mobile guy like Haye.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the big question with Haye, Could he take those shots? No, defintaley not.

Would he take those shots? Probably not as he has actual movement.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    I reckon It'd be interesting to see how quickly Vitali would gass out against a very mobile guy like Haye.
    Someone with dynamic footwork would pose Vitali a few problems.

The thing with Haye is, he would be so open to Vitali's Right hand over his Left Shoulder. He really would have to be ready to work his own body hard for 12 whole rounds.
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 10-18-2010 at 01:53 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye would stand little if any chance against either brother, that he wasted everyone one's time with all his silly bs following them both around just to fight harrison shows that. I'd give ademek a much better chance. Simply because ademek is a fighter, haye is just a talker.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For the Haye ordeal I say no. He may take a few but in the hundreds range absolutely not.
    I like Adamek but I don't think he has a chance at beating either brother.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No Adamek cant stand with those shots for long....Grant moved him backwards at times so did Arreola Vitali would knock him out of the ring I think....Though I can't wait for someone to come across and put Vitali on his ass...Don't like the guy never have since the Wlad loss to Sanders when Vitali stormed the ring and started a fight with Sanders and even his cormer men becausze his brother lost...Brotherly love or not this is a sport he went too far....I noticed the same attitude on several occassions...Vitali is a poor loser....I like his fights and as a fighter but still would like to see his attitude adjusted a bit.....Maybe another eye about to fall out of his head will remind him because after4 the LL fight he chnaged his attitude for a while......

With thatr said to talk with the guy face to face and to speak with him about the sport and his opp he comes off totally different and like a gentleman.....Guess the gameface moment turns him into an asshole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Adamek, he is a swath from the toughest of hides.

I'm afraid tho', in a match with any of the Klitschko's, Vitali or Wladimir, Tomas coming into the fight, will be starkly underpowered and will be outgunned and outmuscled into a furious submission. Cause if he doesn't, he will have to be moved out of the ring horizontally, in a stretcher, and it is highly probable that there will be a lingering damage, the residual, as a result of that kind'of a one way bout.

Tough as he is, Adamek, with the combination of a huge disadvantage in size with consideration to the high skill level of the opposition, this case, the Klitschko brothers, I can see a murderous culmination forthcoming.

Shannon Briggs.... was a picture of a man who came to the fight looking like ready to take his beating in exchange of valuably needed cash!

To a degree, but not in the level of damage sustained, this fight somehow is reminiscent of that Marquez' piss-powered, but one sided beating bout, with Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Pre-fight mumblings reached an overdrive in anticipation of a slambang fight, but it was not meant to be, as soon as the bell sounds the crowd is brought back to reality... it was a fight easily dismissed for value....it is the kind that had a whole lot more of the bark, than the bite.

...back to the Briggs fight...

in the end, you find yourself squirming, and hoping the fight to just terminate before brain splatters on to the canvas. Golly! Speaking of corners, how can Shannon's be so numb brained!
    Last edited by KananKrus; 10-18-2010 at 07:59 PM.

Thread Information