Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You heard it here first, Mosley will beat Floyd

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default You heard it here first, Mosley will beat Floyd

Shane Mosley WILL BEAT Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Shane's smart, he's strong, he has very quick hands, he's not killing himself to make weight, and Floyd can't hurt him.

I think Floyd has been apprehensive about fighting a couple guys at 147 and rightfully so in some cases: Cotto, Williams, Margarito, Shane Mosley, and Pacquiao. Now of course the Floyd fans will say Floyd has little left to prove and those fights didn't make sense etc etc but Floyd's record speaks for itself he never once said "Give me Cotto and I'll beat him" or "Give me Williams and I'll beat him" he simply waited until they lost and said "See, they weren't worthy of a shot vs me" and it doesn't make sense for Floyd not to fight when the money is to his liking. If he was truly "Money Mayweather" he would have fought at least 3 of those guys because you cannot tell me that ANY of those fights wouldn't have made HUGE money at the gate and on PPV.

Stylistically Floyd has very little to offer Shane, the guys who have beaten Shane either use their height and reach (Forrest & Wright) or are durable enough to trade with Shane and get the better of him (Miguel Cotto and to a lesser extent De la Hoya in the rematch was able to hang with him). Floyd has great defense but he isn't as effective until he gets a fighter to tire themself out, vs Judah and Hatton he allowed them to do work early and chase him around the ring while he pot shotted them for at least half the fight knowing especially that Zab would have 0 to offer him later in the fight and that's when Floyd turned it on....Shane doesn't have much in the defense department but he's strong and he's got fast DANGEROUS hands and he's going to beat Floyd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: You heard it here first, Mosley will beat Floyd

Nice post and damn I hope so , and I hope Pac loses too and they both have pissed away the biggest purse ever for both being idiots.

El Kabong Guest

I HOPE Pac loses as well but Clottey isn't going to do it. Pacquiao and Floyd not making that fight have totally sapped boxing's momentum and it was building big time over 2009.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Re: You heard it here first, Mosley will beat Floyd

Strong words Lyle.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post

Shane's smart, he's strong, he has very quick hands, he's not killing himself to make weight, and Floyd can't hurt him.

I think Floyd has been apprehensive about fighting a couple guys at 147 and rightfully so in some cases: Cotto, Williams, Margarito, Shane Mosley, and Pacquiao. Now of course the Floyd fans will say Floyd has little left to prove and those fights didn't make sense etc etc but Floyd's record speaks for itself he never once said "Give me Cotto and I'll beat him" or "Give me Williams and I'll beat him" he simply waited until they lost and said "See, they weren't worthy of a shot vs me" and it doesn't make sense for Floyd not to fight when the money is to his liking. If he was truly "Money Mayweather" he would have fought at least 3 of those guys because you cannot tell me that ANY of those fights wouldn't have made HUGE money at the gate and on PPV.

Stylistically Floyd has very little to offer Shane, the guys who have beaten Shane either use their height and reach (Forrest & Wright) or are durable enough to trade with Shane and get the better of him (Miguel Cotto and to a lesser extent De la Hoya in the rematch was able to hang with him). Floyd has great defense but he isn't as effective until he gets a fighter to tire themself out, vs Judah and Hatton he allowed them to do work early and chase him around the ring while he pot shotted them for at least half the fight knowing especially that Zab would have 0 to offer him later in the fight and that's when Floyd turned it on....Shane doesn't have much in the defense department but he's strong and he's got fast DANGEROUS hands and he's going to beat Floyd.
    Shane will be around 38 and 8 months old with 15 1/2 months of inactivity when they get into the ring. True, more than likely Floyd doesn't hurt Shane, but Floyd's style of fighting isn't about hurting guys, it's more outboxing guys. Floyd didn't hurt Oscar once in their fight, but yet he decisively outbox Oscar and took the win.

And also Shane doesn't have his Balco drugs like the clear, cream, and EPO to boost his strength, speed, and stamina.

Floyd wins 8-4, but people will think it's a close fight with Shane being aggressive and trying to pressure Floyd and throwing punches that are meaningless and not connecting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope Lyle is right about the fight but I got a feeling that Floyd is going to be just to sharp and Mosley is going to find it hard to land any decent shots.
    Balls

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is fighting talk, Lyle...and I like it.

Seriously, fingers crossed. I hope he batters Floyd like we've never seen before. Floyd is no spring chicken now either with his own massive layoff inbetween fighting a wonderful lightweight in Marquez. Mosley needs to get it all right, but if anyone right now has it in him to make Floyd go through heaven and hell and make sure he resides in hell....it might well be Mosley.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I defnitely see Mosley as a harder fight for PBF than Pac would have been and for years I have been saying that Mosley is the man to beat Floyd. But I think the fight has probably come too late now and see Floyd winning a narrow decision

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shane has one more advantage that Hatton, Marquez, and Oscar didn't have:

http://www.boxnews.com.ua/photos/172...Richardson.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In order for Mosley to win he has to bring the fight to Mayweather. Otherwise, Floyd will just dance around him and outbox him. Unfortunately, age and inactivity will be working against Shane.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle i have already said in a previous post , that Shane will win and be the first to drop and hurt Mayweather.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

That and if Shane did drop iron jaw Margarito, you can be sure he can drop Floyd without much problems.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

Lyle i have already said in a previous post , that Shane will win and be the first to drop and hurt Mayweather.
    Floyd knocked himself down in his fight with Hernandez. He hit Hernandez and took a knee or something like that grabbing his wrist. Been a long time since I watched that fight.
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not for me Floyd will punish Shane for a big ud win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

Yeah, I agree. Shane has the best smile between all of those fighters. I would rate them in this order.

Mosley
    De La Hoya
    Hatton
    Pacquiao
    Marquez

But seriously. Naz Rich is the man!!!
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Thread Information