Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who among the 147 champs you want PAC to possibly get his 7th division title?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who among the 147 champs you want PAC to possibly get his 7th division title?

Share/Bookmark
    XaduBoxer Guest

Default Who among the 147 champs you want PAC to possibly get his 7th division title?

PAC got a belt/title in these divisions:

Obviously 147 is the next logical division where PAC must get his next belt/title for a record shattering 7th division title...

Who will be that lucky (or unlucky) 147 champ that PAC must defeat in order to get his 7th division title?

Vote in the poll...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who among the 147 champs you want PAC to possibly get his 7th division title?

jesus pac could of been a 9 weight world champ if he didnt skip a few divisions at the lower weights! imagin that!
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who among the 147 champs you want PAC to possibly get his 7th division title?

Quote Originally Posted by gudnite vienna View Post
    jesus pac could of been a 9 weight world champ if he didnt skip a few divisions at the lower weights! imagin that!
    thank you for noticing that.

that's the reason I'm a die hard fan. I couldn't imagine it.

I'm so glad I have seen his career from the beginning. The only time I doubted him was when he fought against DLH. Lost badly to Danny G for my unbelief.spicoli was right.... I should have never placed a bet against Pac.

XaduBoxer Guest

No offense for Urango but I choose him for obvious reasons (that's if Urango upsets Berto)...

BTW if PAC gets this 7th division title, he will be the only boxer to attain that...

PAC is already the only boxer who got 4 lineal titles (112, 126, 130 & 140)

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley and Cotto are the big two for me, so either of them. But it should be at 147 and no catch weights because that is the proper WW class IMO. If Manny wants to come in lighter then that's his calling.

Reason tells me that he loses to both, but logic seems to have gone out the window regarding Manny. So, I abstain from making any real judgments.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    No offense for Urango but I choose him for obvious reasons (that's if Urango upsets Berto)...

BTW if PAC gets this 7th division title, he will be the only boxer to attain that...

Can you explain that to me?

Hatton 140
    Barrera 126

How were the other two titles lineal?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Re: Who among the 147 champs you want PAC to possibly get his 7th division title?

I would like to see him fighting Sugar Shane. It will definitely be a big money fight since we have Pac vs an American legend. If Pac becomes unfortunate, he can still slug it out with either Marquez and Coto and still have that big paycheck. But when he fights Coto first, and loses, his mega buck fight vs Mayweather or Sugar is gone.

Oh by the way, I would like to crongratulate Ricky Hatton and Manny Pac for having a great fight. Ricky is nice guy, a great fighter, but losing to someone that ranks among the best is something that he should not be ashamed of.
    For Pac, Stay out of politics or I will knock you out..

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Hatton 140
    Barrera 126

I'll just post an article:

Pacquiao’s Title Resume

World Flyweight (112) – KO 8 Chatchai Sasakul: Turned professional at age 16 with a points win over Edmund Ignacio on January 22, 1995, Pacquiao would amass a record of 23-1 en route to his first major title win on December 4, 1999. The WBC recognized Sasakul as champion after a surprising upset of previous conqueror and long-time champion Yuri Arbachakov in 1997.

History also recognized Sasakul as king.

The WBC belt then, and still, also runs parallel to the lineal World championship at Flyweight all the way back to the reign of Miguel Canto. Fittingly, it took a championship bomb to begin Pacquiao’s collection of Gold. The more experienced Sasakul counter punched and outslicked the taller Pacquiao for much of the bout, though the youngster was never out of the fight. Pacquiao at 19 was much more a one-handed fighter then versus the better all-around warrior he’s become under the tutelage of Freddie Roach. Even then, that one hand, the left, was enough if it landed. It did and Sasakul was relieved of the top honors at 112 lbs.

There was one Flyweight during the reign of Arbachakov and later Sasakul who could make a strong case against recognizing the validity of recognizing their lineal claims to the top, but American Mark “Too Sharp” Johnson had moved up to capture gold at 115 lbs. some eight months before Pacquiao’s ascension.

Forecast: Clear, Lineal Claim to the World Title

World Jr. Lightweight (130) – SD12 Juan Manuel Marquez: Ironically, the path leading to Pacquiao’s third world title would begin and end with the same foe. In his first defense of the Featherweight crown in April 2004, Pacquiao dropped Marquez, then the WBA and IBF titlist at 126 lbs, thrice en route to a draw which still provokes debate. The rematch seemed obvious but was not immediate. Instead Pacquiao would head up the scale four pounds for his only loss to date outside the Flyweight arena. Over twelve, he was outboxed and outfoxed in what may have been the last great performance from Erik Morales. The loss would be avenged twice by stoppage. Another decision victory over Marco Antonio Barrera, who had lost his WBC Jr. Lightweight title to Marquez one fight earlier, set up the rematch nearly four years in the making on March 15, 2008.

It was worth the wait. A third-round knockdown would provide Pacquiao a single point edge on the scorecard of judge Tom Miller to avoid yet another draw in yet another classic encounter. Going into the bout, the Ring had announced they would recognize the winner as champion and it was the right choice. The gap between Pacquiao and Marquez, and almost everyone else at 130 (save, maybe, Joan Guzman), was such that the winner could be recognized as nothing less than the division’s first true World Champion since Floyd Mayweather departed in 2002. As had been the case one division lower, Pacquiao was the first to officially add this divisional crown to a career begun with 112 lb. laurels.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton 140
    Barrera 126

Pacquiao’s Title Resume

World Flyweight (112) – KO 8 Chatchai Sasakul: Turned professional at age 16 with a points win over Edmund Ignacio on January 22, 1995, Pacquiao would amass a record of 23-1 en route to his first major title win on December 4, 1999. The WBC recognized Sasakul as champion after a surprising upset of previous conqueror and long-time champion Yuri Arbachakov in 1997.

The WBC belt then, and still, also runs parallel to the lineal World championship at Flyweight all the way back to the reign of Miguel Canto. Fittingly, it took a championship bomb to begin Pacquiao’s collection of Gold. The more experienced Sasakul counter punched and outslicked the taller Pacquiao for much of the bout, though the youngster was never out of the fight. Pacquiao at 19 was much more a one-handed fighter then versus the better all-around warrior he’s become under the tutelage of Freddie Roach. Even then, that one hand, the left, was enough if it landed. It did and Sasakul was relieved of the top honors at 112 lbs.

There was one Flyweight during the reign of Arbachakov and later Sasakul who could make a strong case against recognizing the validity of recognizing their lineal claims to the top, but American Mark “Too Sharp” Johnson had moved up to capture gold at 115 lbs. some eight months before Pacquiao’s ascension.

World Jr. Lightweight (130) – SD12 Juan Manuel Marquez: Ironically, the path leading to Pacquiao’s third world title would begin and end with the same foe. In his first defense of the Featherweight crown in April 2004, Pacquiao dropped Marquez, then the WBA and IBF titlist at 126 lbs, thrice en route to a draw which still provokes debate. The rematch seemed obvious but was not immediate. Instead Pacquiao would head up the scale four pounds for his only loss to date outside the Flyweight arena. Over twelve, he was outboxed and outfoxed in what may have been the last great performance from Erik Morales. The loss would be avenged twice by stoppage. Another decision victory over Marco Antonio Barrera, who had lost his WBC Jr. Lightweight title to Marquez one fight earlier, set up the rematch nearly four years in the making on March 15, 2008.

It was worth the wait. A third-round knockdown would provide Pacquiao a single point edge on the scorecard of judge Tom Miller to avoid yet another draw in yet another classic encounter. Going into the bout, the Ring had announced they would recognize the winner as champion and it was the right choice. The gap between Pacquiao and Marquez, and almost everyone else at 130 (save, maybe, Joan Guzman), was such that the winner could be recognized as nothing less than the division’s first true World Champion since Floyd Mayweather departed in 2002. As had been the case one division lower, Pacquiao was the first to officially add this divisional crown to a career begun with 112 lb. laurels.

Lineal at 112 seems to work out. Even if people think Johnson was a better champion you can trace "the man who beat the man" to Pac. (It should be noted he LOST that title before moving up. )

Lineal at 130 seems a bit bogus. There is no "man who beat the man" or unified champion. Barrera had the WBC and recently vacted the IBF when Marquez beat him. That's two titles for Marquez and subsequently two for Pac. BUT Guzman was WBO champion and Valero WBA champion at the time. There are no form lines (i can find) that tie the titles to Pac or Marquez. So The Ring title was on the line for Marquez-Pac but not the linear title.

Pac is a 3 time linear champ. Someone correct me if wrong.

Forecast: UNclear, Lineal Claim to the World Title

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted Mosley but he won't beat Mosley

XaduBoxer Guest

Hatton 140
    Barrera 126

Pacquiao’s Title Resume

Lineal at 112 seems to work out. Even if people think Johnson was a better champion you can trace "the man who beat the man" to Pac. (It should be noted he LOST that title before moving up. )

Lineal at 130 seems a bit bogus. There is no "man who beat the man" or unified champion. Barrera had the WBC and recently vacted the IBF when Marquez beat him. That's two titles for Marquez and subsequently two for Pac. BUT Guzman was WBO champion and Valero WBA champion at the time. There are no form lines (i can find) that tie the titles to Pac or Marquez. So The Ring title was on the line for Marquez-Pac but not the linear title.

It's up for debate and as what the writer pointed out, the gap between PAC and JMM and the rest at 130 is so noticeable... Guzman? Valero? I think they're a notch below PAC and JMM...

BTW, who are the other boxers with 3 lineal titles aside from PAC?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacquiao’s Title Resume

It's up for debate and as what the writer pointed out, the gap between PAC and JMM and the rest at 130 is so noticeable... Guzman? Valero? I think they're a notch below PAC and JMM...

Don't know, tell me?

The gap between Pac/Marquez and Guzman/Valero is not huge. For sure the first two were rightly ranked top but the other two are unbeaten. It's impossible to be certain of the outcome before it happens. Remember how big a favourite Oscar was to beat Pac?

XaduBoxer Guest

Don't know, tell me?
    I also don't know... It's possible PAC the only boxer with 3 lineal titles... Yahoooo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he would beat Bert pretty easily, Berto has horrible defense and with Pacquiaos speed it would be a dizaster for him, not too mention he is a come forward fighter another plus for Manny

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Voted for Shane as he would legitimately be fighting the best current welterweight champ.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information