Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Good for Cintron!

I don't know about you guys but I was happy to see Kermit gut it out and pull off the win tonight against Angulo.

Cintron lost his last fight and didn't deserve that draw but he earned his win tonight.

He took on a guy who fought him and pressured him like Margarito, not as effectively, but still, and he beat him.

Good for Kermit. He's a nice guy and an orphan since the age of 15.

And he finally had a career defining win tonight.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Good for Cintron!

I had two thoughts in my mind during this fight:

1) Kermit was way too good of an opponent for Angulo to fight so early on in his career.
    2) I thought Kermit would eventually fold having the Margarito fights in his memory. I think this was a big win for him.

(Sidenote: If there was one minute left in the 12th round, I think Kermit was going down)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought my favorite fighter, Ricardo Mayorga was too much too soon for Angulo. He would have fought Angulo completely different than Cintron did, but I think he woulda beat on Angulo too.

Cintron was exhausted by the end, and looked almost ready to drop but he pulled it out.

As Vinny Paz would say:
    "Pain is temporary. Pride is forever."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, he did a pretty good job. Made sure he built up a decent buffer and just made sure he kept working. Angulo was coming on the stronger but Cintron had done all the hard work early on. Decent win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    I don't know about you guys but I was happy to see Kermit gut it out and pull off the win tonight against Angulo.

Cintron lost his last fight and didn't deserve that draw but he earned his win tonight.

He took on a guy who fought him and pressured him like Margarito, not as effectively, but still, and he beat him.

Agreed this was a very good win for him, even if Angulo could of used a couple of tune ups for this. As much as I like Cintron, I honestly think he'll get exposed again by someone with better pressure. I say feed him some more tomato cans, his knockouts are fun to watch.

lol the orphan thing was kinda from left field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah - it was a good win for Cintron.....He boxed well and most importantly didnt seem to get discouraged when he got hit or Angulo didnt go down from his punches right away.

I didnt like Cintron because of his candy azz antics after the Margarito and Martinez fights but found myself rooting for him at the end of Angulo....I did think he was going to pull a Jermaine Taylor in the 12th.....I am glad he held on. Hopefully Angulo doesnt get too discouraged cause the guy can bang and still compete....

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haven't see the fight but I kinda always liked Cintron, not a huge fan but I fairly appreciate the dude. What I am happy about it is that it's a good win under his belt and he doesn't seem to have lost confidence in his means. He needs to condition a bit more, maybe and I am sure that the Kronk is a good place to improve pressure defense, that's one of the thing thatManny normally does well.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cintron did a great fight and maintained his game plan thru the fight. At a moment during the last round I thought that Cintron was going to fall apart due to Angulo's pressure, but he could recover and connect a couple of solid right hands close to the end of the round. It was a great fight and congratulations to Kermit. It seems that Angulo's team saw Cintron as an additional step and thought that he was going to fall apart, but Cintron's experience was too much for Angulo. Congratulations once again to Cintron, great fight and I hope that he can recover all his confidence and the title...
    Puerto Rico, Small Island, Big Champions!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wasn't very impressed with Cintron. He did what it took to win but something about it just left a bad taste in my mouth. If it was a 13 round fight Cintron would have been on the canvas, he had nothing left that last round and didn't even bother to throw hands in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BORICUA!!!!! Great poise shown by Kermit. He never got outta character or gameplan

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mexirican View Post
    BORICUA!!!!! Great poise shown by Kermit. He never got outta character or gameplan

I thought his character was that, when pressured, he breaks down and starts crying....
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mexirican View Post
    yea believe me dude we don't consider him one of our own, same goes for Ruiz, in fact his nickname on this part of the island is Kermit "El Lloron" Cintron, and well even if he did surprise me with a win over Angulo, he didn't impress, he'll lose again against Martinez, and also against Kirkland, Williams, and even Santos and Forrest, when most Puerto Ricans are going for Angulo, it's gotta be saying something, i never thought much of Angulo, especially after his last time out, but i do admit that i like that he's willing to take on all comers, but unfortunately he earned himself a nickname of his own, Alfredo "Le Comieron el Culo" Angulo

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was rooting for Cintron, and thought it was a good win for him. I still don't like the fact that he's inconsistent from fight to fight. And he needs to continue working on his mental/emotional aspects. He's a solid boxer, with KO power in both hands. But he needs to continue working on his mindset if he's to continue climbing back to the top.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Haven't see the fight but I kinda always liked Cintron, not a huge fan but I fairly appreciate the dude. What I am happy about it is that it's a good win under his belt and he doesn't seem to have lost confidence in his means. He needs to condition a bit more, maybe and I am sure that the Kronk is a good place to improve pressure defense, that's one of the thing thatManny normally does well.
    Kermit is trained by Ronnie Shields now

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JudahShuffle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

Agreed this was a very good win for him, even if Angulo could of used a couple of tune ups for this. As much as I like Cintron, I honestly think he'll get exposed again by someone with better pressure. I say feed him some more tomato cans, his knockouts are fun to watch.

lol the orphan thing was kinda from left field
    Well the reason I mentioned that, is because Cintron has had a tough life and is a nice guy and that is why I was happy to see him finally get some redemption and a good win.

Thread Information