Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Taylor beat himself.

He had Pavlik beaten, he screwed up badly. I don't think these are mistakes he can ever correct, but in my mind if he hadn't tired himself out he is too fast for Pavlik to have won, and Pavlik doesn't have good enough defense, I think his chin is fine because Taylor punches hard despite what some people are saying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Taylor beat himself.

I was impressed with Taylor’s speed throughout t the match.. he showed some mongoose reflexes, had a nice arsenal of punches. Taylor’s problem is he is flat footed , not a slick boxer who is light on his feet,. He is an offensive fighter by trait. vs. a bigger fellow like this Palvik there is really nothing more Taylor can do to win. He got out gunned . Kelly repeats in a rematch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree that Taylor will always be too willing to throw punches, and doesn't have the defensive skills to move backwards, but I still think that he definitely could beat Pavlik if they fought again. This fight I wasn't sure who was going to win, but I didn't expect Taylor to get Ko'ed which really surprised me, but it was because he gased himself out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had JT ahead by 3 points up untill the KO. Taylor was too willing to please and gassed out. Normaly his defense is pritty good in the Hopkins fight and Winky fight he had a solid defense but he seemed a little sloppy in that department last night. He should have picked his spots and boxed rather than trying to get Pavlik out of there. I give credit to Pavlik for his heart and persistance but hes not that great of a fighter. He should either give JT a rematch which he will lose or fight Winky who will box him silly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ACEA
    I had JT ahead by 3 points up untill the KO. Taylor was too willing to please and gassed out. Normaly his defense is pritty good in the Hopkins fight and Winky fight he had a solid defense but he seemed a little sloppy in that department last night. He should have picked his spots and boxed rather than trying to get Pavlik out of there. I give credit to Pavlik for his heart and persistance but hes not that great of a fighter. He should either give JT a rematch which he will lose or fight Winky who will box him silly
    the problem for Taylor in a rematch is Pavlik is huge for a Middleweight, Kelly showed the ability to rise from adversity and get the win . this will only add to Kelly's intangibles going into the next match.

would be a great one too see again as rematches go .. no question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its lucky for Kelly that Jay Nady wasn't the ref. Terrific win he showed great heart coming back to win the 3rd. I thought Taylor would win by TKO inside of 10 and even though he was ahead on all cards I don't think he could win the rematch. Kelly's jab was the killer.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    He had Pavlik beaten, he screwed up badly. I don't think these are mistakes he can ever correct, but in my mind if he hadn't tired himself out he is too fast for Pavlik to have won, and Pavlik doesn't have good enough defense, I think his chin is fine because Taylor punches hard despite what some people are saying.
    Taylor done as well as he could of against Pavlik instead of people keep saying Taylor screwed up in round 2 how about giving Pavlik the credit for clinching and having the survival instinct to clinch and clearing his head and managing to survive i mean Taylor landed 44 power shots in round 2 how the hell is that a mistake ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I must have watched a different fight cause I thought Taylors defence sucked. Pavlik was deflecting more punches than Taylor. Taylors jab was good, but everything else lacked.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Taylor done as well as he could of against Pavlik instead of people keep saying Taylor screwed up in round 2 how about giving Pavlik the credit for clinching and having the survival instinct to clinch and clearing his head and managing to survive i mean Taylor landed 44 power shots in round 2 how the hell is that a mistake ??
    It wasn't only round two look at all the other rounds where he was all tense and throwing very energy expending haymakers that didn't land.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To say that "taylor beat himself" tends to discredit Pavlik. Well I'll put it this way if Pavlik was cautious and had better defense in round 2 I don't think Taylor would have landed that right hand that hurt Kelly.
    Pavlik was CONSISTENTLY landing left jabs and his power right hand over the course of the 7 rounds it might not be as flashy and quick as Taylor's but I'm pretty sure it's doing some damage. JT was being backed up by Pavlik and he can't do anything about it, for the first time JT actually fought somebody as big as him if not bigger. The accumulation of power punches from Pavlik beat Taylor
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

ICB Guest

It wasn't only round two look at all the other rounds where he was all tense and throwing very energy expending haymakers that didn't land.
    Actually this was one of Taylor's best performances he looked really good and was doing well against Pavlik even better than i expected he was even all the way with Pavlik so i can't really see how you can say Taylor beat himself this was the best i've seen Taylor in quite a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually this was one of Taylor's best performances he looked really good and was doing well against Pavlik even better than i expected he was even all the way with Pavlik so i can't really see how you can say Taylor beat himself this was the best i've seen Taylor in quite a while.
    Exactly Ice I'm pretty sure this is the best training camp JT has ever had so far and he was fighting wholeheartedly he really had bad intentions going into this fight. I've never seen him this fired up in a fight.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really because Emanuel Steward said the exact opposite as you and I think he knows more about the game than you and any of in this forum. Pavlik was blocking very well with his hands and if Taylor had that much better of a defense than why did he get knocked out? Why did he get beat by the slower guy? Why couldn't he finish him off? Just except it for what it is ,and not try to make it something it's not. Pavlik let down his guard and got caught with a flurry. He was stunned hurt and wobbly and he recovered and won the next round and finished it off with a knock out. Taylor could'nt get up. He needed help.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik
    Exactly Ice I'm pretty sure this is the best training camp JT has ever had so far and he was fighting wholeheartedly he really had bad intentions going into this fight. I've never seen him this fired up in a fight.
    Correct Taylor was in excellent condition and was fired up and come out swinging how anyone can say Taylor beat himself is beyond me.

Instead of all this bs how about giving Pavlik props for his win and giving Taylor props for his excellent showing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It doesn't matter what PavMan does, he'll have his haters. If Hopkins fights him and Kelly wins they'll all say he beat a geezer; if he whoops JT's ass again they'll say JT was overhyped or not what he used to be. At least Kelly will fight true middleweights instead of picking on guys like Ouma and Spinks, but that was o.k. for JT to do. I've been sticking up for JT all day, but simply, he lost. Whether he lost the fight himself or Kelly just beat the brakes off him, irregardless he lost. People can argue and make excuses for every fight and fighter ever made, doesn't change the outcome. If Kelly wouldn't have been making silly faces he would never have gotten knocked down anyways, and may have k.o.'d JT faster; who knows Who cares; Jt got slowly but surely manhandled. A huge portion of his shots were blocked and Pav was slowly breaking him down with his jab. JT gassed out, Jt didn't patiently and smartly follow up on Pav in the second round, Jt didn't do this or that; blah blah blah. I know one thing JT didn't do, and that's win the fight!!! Maybe next time he'll pay attention more. Maybe he won't listen to Manny talking all that smack about Kelly being overhyped, a one hit wonder, a pasty, skinny white boy who's best win was beating a {supposedly} overhyped Miranda, etc. etc. Hope they enjoyed eating crow last night. JT was supposed to be the best in the division, undefeated and never put down, much less put out, and he beat Hop twice and and drawed Wright. Well, he should of had an easier night with Pasty Pavlik right Well, he got smoked, and will get smoked in the rematch probably faster. If JT learns from this fight, don't forget Pavlik will also learn from it and come back better too. Also, JT has to fight a guy who is the only one to k.o. him, while Kelly is coming in confident as hell against a guy he beat down. I know where my money is going on the next fight. Kelly will destroy him in a rematch; then we can listen to all the excuses after that happens again. I'd be surprised if they even try and fight Kelly again.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Thread Information