Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Is Freddie Roach playing mind games?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is Freddie Roach playing mind games?

Freddie has been saying a lot of rediculous stuff lately, like Pac hits harder than DLH, and he's going to break DLH's ribs, ect ect. Do you think Freddie is trying to trick DLH's camp into thinking Manny will stand in front of him when really they have been working on a stick-and-move strategy? It seems strange that a vet like Roach would be saying these dumb things and insinuating on using a suicide strategy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Freddie Roach playing mind games?

I don't know but I am getting excited about 24/7 premiering on Sunday. Maybe some questions will be answered then..

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Freddie has been saying a lot of rediculous stuff lately, like Pac hits harder than DLH, and he's going to break DLH's ribs, ect ect. Do you think Freddie is trying to trick DLH's camp into thinking Manny will stand in front of him when really they have been working on a stick-and-move strategy? It seems strange that a vet like Roach would be saying these dumb things and insinuating on using a suicide strategy.

All your questions will be answered with finality come December 6... For the meantime, I think Roach is saying the truth about PAC hits harder than Oscar since he was able to hold the mitts infront of these 2 boxers and able to feel the power of both boxers... I don't know about "PAC breaking Hoya's ribs", I have not read or heard about that...

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Freddie Roach SUCKS ....... Pac makes him a name. A Pac loss is greater to Roach's rep. What strategy has he implemented to Pac's arsenal? He is just lucky to have had PAC !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, I think that's exactly what he's doing. He's probably upset Oscar dumped/blamed him after the loss to Floyd but also figures if he can get in Oscar's head & cause him to lose focus, it can only help Manny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post
    Freddie Roach SUCKS ....... Pac makes him a name. A Pac loss is greater to Roach's rep. What strategy has he implemented to Pac's arsenal? He is just lucky to have had PAC !
    I disagree with you. If you look at the Pacquiao that fought Barrera in the first fight and you look at Manny now, you'll see that he's developed immensely offensively and can now hurt you with any punch instead of just the straight left. Freddie Roach has to be given some credit in developing Pacquiao's raw talent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac can and will prolly break DLH's ribs. I remember southpaw Penalosa KOing much taller and longer reach Gonzalez with a vicious body shot. Roach engineered that fight btw.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post
    I disagree with you. If you look at the Pacquiao that fought Barrera in the first fight and you look at Manny now, you'll see that he's developed immensely offensively and can now hurt you with any punch instead of just the straight left. Freddie Roach has to be given some credit in developing Pacquiao's raw talent.
    I would like to think that any boxer would improve in that span with any trainer. Pac beat JMM by 1 punch in their rematch. If there is no knockdown simply put he loses the fight. Actually most boxing enthusiast (not PAc huggers) feel Pac lost that fought. The Diaz fight was a joke the hand picked opponent has no skillset. Pac still lunges and is extremely susceptible to counter punchers. ODLH will have a field day using Pac's own aggression.

So I reiterate ROACH sucks ........ Keeps talking shit when he should preserve the few brain cells he has left.

Pac makes Roach ......Roach is a joke ..........

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is just hyping the mis-match and it seems to be working as it is getting people interested in the novelty fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is he playing mind games? Absolutely. Probably the only person on Earth that believes that Pacquiao is going to break De La Hoya's ribs is Mrs. Roach, and some of Pac's more blind fans. I just want Pac to win, to derail DLH's farce of a "legacy-building" fight. But there's no way Pac hits harder than DLH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Is he playing mind games? Absolutely. Probably the only person on Earth that believes that Pacquiao is going to break De La Hoya's ribs is Mrs. Roach, and some of Pac's more blind fans. I just want Pac to win, to derail DLH's farce of a "legacy-building" fight. But there's no way Pac hits harder than DLH.
    Most coaches plays mind games anyway.

Thread Information