Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Meanwhile - In Boxing

Ward claims Froch backed out

WBA super-middleweight champion Andre Ward believes Carl Froch has backed out of fighting him and says he is not "going to wait" for him.
    Ward, who won on points against Froch in 2011, says a fight between them had been set up at Wembley Stadium but was moved to the City Ground in Nottingham, which the American did not want.
    Ward will fight England's Paul Smith in Oakland, USA on 20 June instead and he says it is because he "could not find Carl Froch".

BBC Sport - Carl Froch backed out of our fight - Andre Ward

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Meanwhile - In Boxing

Geale is confident of upsetting the odds and beating Cotto

Former IBF, WBA & IBO World Middleweight Champion Daniel “Real Deal” Geale (31-3, 16 KO’s) spoke to Media Man Brett Bonetti and UFC Heavyweight Soa “The Hulk” Palelei on the Australian radio show “Hulk Talk” today following the announcement that Geale will face WBC middleweight champion Miguel Cotto (39-4, 32 KO’s) on June 6, for the WBC Middleweight title at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Geale speaks about this opportunity to become the first Australian crowned as the lineal middleweight world champion, how he feels Cotto and his team are treating this fight, his keys to victory, and much more.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/dani...terview-287182

radio interview below

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't like Ward but the guy has always been honest. If Froch doesn't want the fight he doesn't want the fight. Wish, like Ward says, that Froch would just say that.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Groves may face Badou Jack in September but would rather fight on English soil

George Groves could be handed his world title shot as part of Floyd Mayweather's huge farewell fight at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas this September, according to the champion Badou Jack.
    Groves is the mandatory challenger for the WBC super-middleweight belt, which Jack won with a shock victory over Anthony Dirrell in Chicago last week.
    That means 'The Saint' is now in line to face the Stockholm-born 31-year-old – although Groves and his team will be pushing for the fight to take place on English soil.

George Groves could challenge world champion Badou Jack on undercard of Floyd Mayweather's final fight* | Daily Mail Online

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder due to fight at home in Birmingham (not Brum) Alabama on June 13th

After the heavyweight battle last weekend, between Wladimir Klitschko and Bryant Jennings saw the Ukrainian hang on to his belts quite comfortably, in New York, the US awaits the ring return of its new heavyweight hero.

After taking the WBC heavyweight belt off of Bermane Stiverne to become the new darling of the US, Deontay Wilder will be making a long awaited return to the ring on 13th June.

His first defence of his heavyweight crown will take place in Birmingham, Alabama, although at the time of writing there is no indication as to who the possible opponent might be

Briggs?

Stiverne wants a rematch

Whatever happens It looks like Wlad will fight Fury before Deontay
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mundine Trout postponed due to ear infection

Anthony Mundine has been forced to postpone his fight against American Austin Trout because of a "severe ear condition".
    The WBC super welterweight bout - one of the most significant of Mundine's career - was scheduled for this Saturday in San Antonio, Texas, but the Australian boxer on Monday announced his doctors have told him he won't be able to fight.
    "Mundine is suffering from a severe ear condition which doctors say will cause him serious and potentially permanent damage if he continues with the bout," a statement tweeted by Mundine said.
    "The ear condition was first noticed after sparring and got progressively worse the next day during his flight to the USA.

Mundine postpones fight with Austin Trout due to ear infection - 9news.com.au

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bradley to fight Vargas on June 27

Lost in the excitement surrounding the record-setting Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao bout on Saturday night were reports that Cathedral City's Timothy Bradley is close to stepping back in the ring for the first time since a December draw with Diego Chaves.
    Bradley will face Jessie Vargas on HBO on June 27 at the StubHub Center in Carson. Though no official announcement has been made, Bradley and Vargas began tweeting about the fight in Las Vegas over the weekend, where Bradley was providing color commentary for the Friday Night Knockout series on truTV.
    Bradley could not be reached for comment and Top Rank promotions, which has a contract with Bradley and Vargas, said as recently as Monday that an announcement is forthcoming. Top Rank would not confirm details.
    Bradley (31-1-1) is coming off a draw and a loss (to Pacquiao) after starting his professional career with 31 consecutive victories. Vargas is unbeaten at 26-0 and the two will reportedly fight for the vacant WBO welterweight title, which Bradley held before losing to Pacquiao last year.

Cathedral City's Timothy Bradley to fight Jessie Vargas on June 27

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan claims Broner does not really want to fight him and says he would drop the Algieri fight to face him

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Ward claims Froch backed out

WBA super-middleweight champion Andre Ward believes Carl Froch has backed out of fighting him and says he is not "going to wait" for him.
    Ward, who won on points against Froch in 2011, says a fight between them had been set up at Wembley Stadium but was moved to the City Ground in Nottingham, which the American did not want.
    Ward will fight England's Paul Smith in Oakland, USA on 20 June instead and he says it is because he "could not find Carl Froch".

BBC Sport - Carl Froch backed out of our fight - Andre Ward

I like ward both inside and outside the ring. he seems like a genuine guy.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mundine Trout postponed due to ear infection

Anthony Mundine has been forced to postpone his fight against American Austin Trout because of a "severe ear condition".
    The WBC super welterweight bout - one of the most significant of Mundine's career - was scheduled for this Saturday in San Antonio, Texas, but the Australian boxer on Monday announced his doctors have told him he won't be able to fight.
    "Mundine is suffering from a severe ear condition which doctors say will cause him serious and potentially permanent damage if he continues with the bout," a statement tweeted by Mundine said.
    "The ear condition was first noticed after sparring and got progressively worse the next day during his flight to the USA.

Mundine postpones fight with Austin Trout due to ear infection - 9news.com.au

You guys probably dont know this; but that guy standing holding Mundines hand up is Mick Gatto one of the Melbourne underworlds top men and one of its only survivors afte the internal wars here 10 years ago.The guy Gatto shot, Andrew "Benji' Veniaman was a young hit man with a favorite side he played for and had topped a lot of people (mostly from the Italian section called the Carlton crew) He wacked them off for a top drug dealer here (who later got bashed to death in jail with a piece of gym equipment while reading the paper at a table) Some of the Italian connections killed were Micks friends and associates so make of it all what you will. The man is a survivor of the darkest streets here. He went for his boxing promotion licence out here a few years back but they refused him saying they dont want the sports name tarnished by his infamy etc. The below happend in Carton in a favorite restaurant of Micks.

In 2004 Mick Gatto was charged with the murder of suspected underworld hitman Andrew Veniamin and remanded in custody for 18 months. He was found not guilty at trial, during which Gatto claimed he had acted in self-defence after Veniamin pulled out a .38 and threatened to kill him. Gatto claims that during a struggle he was able to turn the gun around on Veniamin and fire one shot into his neck, and one shot in the eye. He also claimed that during the argument, Veniamin had implicated himself in the deaths of Dino Dibra, Paul Kallipolitis and Graham Kinniburgh.[1]

Veniamin died in the La Porcella restaurant in Carlton on 23 March 2004 at around 2.30pm after being shot by former associate Domenic "Mick" Gatto. Gatto was charged with his murder but acquitted on self-defence grounds.[2]
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is an interesting video of the three mentioned above, the fat shorter one is Carl Williams,he was the one beaten to death in jail, the vid has a reporter giving you the run down on what is going down and who is who. Condetto the one who got killed in his Brighton home was there accountant, Benji can be seen talking with Mick mostly.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...-1226666972281
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan claims Broner does not really want to fight him and says he would drop the Algieri fight to face him

now that would be a good fight, somebody getting put to sleep, i think it would be broner

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Disappointing if true for Froch. He wants to be a great UK fighter like Calzaghe, Hatton, Lewis, ect? Well all of those guys were, in their time, the undisputed #1 in their divisions. Froch might be ranked #1 by default, but he'll never be the true #1 unless he fights and beats Andre Ward. Until then I don't think he should be mentioned among the best UK fighters.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Disappointing if true for Froch. He wants to be a great UK fighter like Calzaghe, Hatton, Lewis, ect? Well all of those guys were, in their time, the undisputed #1 in their divisions. Froch might be ranked #1 by default, but he'll never be the true #1 unless he fights and beats Andre Ward. Until then I don't think he should be mentioned among the best UK fighters.
    Amen to that!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Geale is confident of upsetting the odds and beating Cotto

Former IBF, WBA & IBO World Middleweight Champion Daniel “Real Deal” Geale (31-3, 16 KO’s) spoke to Media Man Brett Bonetti and UFC Heavyweight Soa “The Hulk” Palelei on the Australian radio show “Hulk Talk” today following the announcement that Geale will face WBC middleweight champion Miguel Cotto (39-4, 32 KO’s) on June 6, for the WBC Middleweight title at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Geale speaks about this opportunity to become the first Australian crowned as the lineal middleweight world champion, how he feels Cotto and his team are treating this fight, his keys to victory, and much more.

Daniel Geale – Radio Interview | Boxing News | Fightnews

radio interview below

A fight under the radar but now that the best lay in boxing turned out to be equivalent to throwing a piece of roast beef down a hallway this should start to get some buzz. I think its at least a 50/50 fight for Geale.

Thread Information