Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: As I watch Duran/Leonard 1, I have to wonder what will we get on Dec 8th.

Share/Bookmark
    SigmaMu Guest

Default As I watch Duran/Leonard 1, I have to wonder what will we get on Dec 8th.

I am sitting here watching Roberto Duran vs Sugar Ray Leonard I.
    I wonder what kind of fight we shall see on Dec 8th. Hatton/Mayweather Jr.
    I would love to see a war like Duran/Leonard 1., but... I have a very strong feeling
    that Floyd will run like Leonard did in Duran/Leonard 2. (I love Ray Leonard but he ran like a biatch against Duran in the second fight)
    If Floyd does nothing more than run for 12 rounds, this will show what a heartless coward Floyd is. It will also show us maybe how one dimensional Floyd also is. It's no secret that Hatton can be cut and bruised something easy, I just hope people don't confuse this with anything that Floyd can actually do. Hatton is begining to remind me of Gatti in the facial bruises and cut dept.

I hope Hatton and the preacher man have a plan b and c if Floyd decides to run for 12.

I know I am sort of hating on Floyd but hey, what else is new.

Remember this before you attack me verbally PBF fans. I have not attacked any of you. I am talking about the fight and fighters so don't confuse the two because when you attack me for dissing PBF, it makes it look as though PBF is doing some of you If you attack me, I will attack you back but don't run to Saddo or Wacko if you started it. People always start shiet with me and then they get their little feelings hurt because they made it personal and the shiet just got too deep. Stick to the topic with out insulting each other and all is well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: As I watch Duran/Leonard 1, I have to wonder what will we get on Dec 8th.

Ricky Hatton is no Roberto Duran.

I liked you better as Danny G.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: As I watch Duran/Leonard 1, I have to wonder what will we get on Dec 8th.

I think if Floyd decides to "run", Hatton's plan b,c,d, and e-z will be to keep chasing him, as what else will he do? I like both fighters myself, but Floyd seems to be able to execute his shots pretty well on the back foot and if Hatton can't keep him in place by closing off the ring, holding, or tripping Floyd then he'll get pot shotted all night. I think Floyd will let him get him to the ropes and beat Hatton in his own comfort zone, but we'll see soon enough. I hope Hatton gets knocked out before he starts running around screaming "No Mas" or I'll be talking alot of sh#t
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think mayweather will run for the whole fight. he might test out hattons strength and try trade for the first couple of rounds. but hatton will be the stronger man on the inside. hatton can win if he can close floyd down quick enough and use that great stamina and pressure fightin to wear floyd down. i think hatton will set such a pace that floyd will buckle. i see duran leonard one all over again. what do u think the bigger upset will be when duran beat leonard or if hatton beats mayweather
    Pleased to make your acquaintance

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea

Hatton has some duran similarities.
    If Floyd has the balls to go toe to toe and stand flat footed with Ricky in any round, you will think the Spirit of Duran lives in Hatton. I hope Floyd fights like a POUND 4 POUND KING and not like the Worlds Greatest Bicyclist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the bigger upset would be Hatton over Mayweather, as alot of people really question the opposition of Hatton and his "best" wins over Castillo and Kostya. To me it would be the bigest upset ever, or at least since Tyson/Douglas.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Cotto_Is_4_Real

If Floyd has the balls to go toe to toe and stand flat footed with Ricky in any round, you will think the Spirit of Duran lives in Hatton. I hope Floyd fights like a POUND 4 POUND KING and not like the Worlds Greatest Bicyclist
    Duran had the raw power to hurt and wobble Leonard with one head punch. I don't think Hatton has that type of power, especially to the head.

How did it make you feel to see Cotto moving around and circling against Mosley for the last 3 rounds?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

u really think it would be that bigger an upset. maybe so but i really think hatton will do it. i think alot of this fight will come down to whos got the biggest heart. and on that alone i favour hatton

ICB Guest

Duran had the raw power to hurt and wobble Leonard with one head punch. I don't think Hatton has that type of power, especially to the head.

How did it make you feel to see Cotto moving around and circling against Mosley for the last 3 rounds?
    The only reason Leonard lost the fight was because he got lured into a brawl if he would of boxed he would of won.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by paddy448
    u really think it would be that bigger an upset. maybe so but i really think hatton will do it. i think alot of this fight will come down to whos got the biggest heart. and on that alone i favour hatton
    Bullshit, Mayweathers got just as much if not more heart...I hate when people state that the less talented boxers have more 'heart'. Complete Bollox. To get to where Mayweather has got (and stayed for a good few years) has taken the most heart! Inside and outside of the ring. He trains like a gladiator and is reaping the rewards. Just because he is the P4P king and dispatches most opponents easily does not mean he has less heart than Hatton, in fact the oppositte is true.
    Heart, my arse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it would be a huge upset if Hatton won, but that's just my view on it. Floyd has plenty of heart or he wouldn't be where he is today through 5 different weight classes. And heart won't do any good if Hatton's face is shredded like he ran it over a cheese grater and the ref stops the fight. I don't question Ricky's heart, just whether he can make it to the last round without needing an I.V. because of loss of blood I hope Ricky wins though
    Hidden Content

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz
    Bullshit, Mayweathers got just as much if not more heart...I hate when people state that the less talented boxers have more 'heart'. Complete Bollox. To get to where Mayweather has got (and stayed for a good few years) has taken the most heart! Inside and outside of the ring. He trains like a gladiator and is reaping the rewards. Just because he is the P4P king and dispatches most opponents easily does not mean he has less heart than Hatton, in fact the oppositte is true.
    Heart, my a***.
    It takes heart and determination to stay in shape all year round like Mayweather does alot of boxers get out of shape in between fights but Mayweather doesn't plus if Mayweather didn't have heart he wouldn't be where he is today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lads i aint sayin mayweather aint got heart of corse he has hes the best in the world it takes heart just to get in the ring for an amateur fight. what i mean is i think hatton will want it more than mayweather. slate me or not its what i think

SigmaMu Guest

I felt sort of relived because many people had never seen Cotto do this before. You have to go back to one or two of Cotto's very early fights to see him box. I have seen Cotto do many things and I know what he is capable of doing. This is why I laugh when I read people saying that Cotto is one dimensional or that he is too slow. I have studied Cotto very thoroughly. He showed Shane that he is not the only one who can bounce on his feet and get on his bike. All fighters have bikes. Cotto's bike is rusted if you ask me but it still works. If Cotto did nothing more than get on his bike, I would not be a fan of his.

ICB Guest

lads i aint sayin mayweather aint got heart of corse he has hes the best in the world it takes heart just to get in the ring for an amateur fight. what i mean is i think hatton will want it more than mayweather. slate me or not its what i think
    Sorry but Mayweather trains for every fight like his life depended on it i would say they both want it equally.

Thread Information