Quote Originally Posted by Onetime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Look at who Quillin has faced

Look at who GGG has faced

GGG hype is garbage
    You clearly know fuck all about boxing. Who has quillin fought? A fucking 42 year old Ronald Wright who hadnt been in the ring for over 2 years and hadnyt won in 6 years? An average fighter in Hassan N Dam and Fernando Guerrero who would both lose to Macklin. Get a fucking grip man
    Yeah name another GGG win better than those and don't say Proska since he loss. You love GGG.
    Proksa is better then Guerrero. So what that he lost? Guerrero lost to fucking Grady Brewer, has beaten no one of note and looks shit when he fights. Proksa has shown glimpses of class before he fought GGG but GGG looks to have ruined him.

IUshida is a tough fighter who went the distance with Pirog, Williams, Alvarez and everyone he has fought, except GGG.

You clearly have no idea about boxing mate so Im not replying to you again
    You are clearly a racist fanboy, you think Ishida is an ATG win man you are sickening.
    No one has brought anyone's race into the mix so don't try and play that card.

Anything in particular bothers you let us know. I must have missed any clear racism.

Box on.
    Ishida is a better win than NDam? That's garbage.
    Possibly, your opinion. Racist?

Lets let it go now.
    If Broner had that resume at 31 he would be laughed at that's a fact.
    Who has Broner beat? Struggled with an old Mallignaggi and many think he lost to DPDL and Fernando Quintero. His resume is very similar to Golovkins. They have had similar number of fights. Why does age matter GGG turned pro late as he stayed amateur a lot longer.

Dont get me wrong I think Broner is class, which goes against what most people on this forum think, but your really contradicting your argument here saying his resume is better then Golovkins
    Yes but Golovkin is 31 and Ishida is his 3rd or 4th best win this is getting sad to see someone get such undue credit, I don't think Ishida would even beat Winky now, it's whatever just a shame and a bit of a disgrace to boxers who earned what they got.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Golovkin the Real Deal ?

I totally understand what @Onetime is talking about from purely the boxing perspective.

It cracks me up. People watch the Broner fight and he’s a piece of dog shit because he didn’t iron Paulie out and struggled some but little heed is paid to the style match up. In this one Macklin gets crushed as expected because of a style match up and GGG is the next coming of Christ. Lets be honest here, he had more problems with Rosado because he moved and was but a tad slick.

I watched the British post fight online because Lapdog and gang make me want to hurl and Barker had a confident reserve about him. I’m still convinced Barker could beat him

Last night it looked like he cut the ring off like nobody has since Hagler but he cut off the ring against a guy that never knew how to use one at least defensively.

Ok I broke my self imposed Bronercott but the comparison begged to be made. One guy is much adored going into his last fight and the other despised. Imo many of the conclusions drawn are based on that fact rather then the field of play.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes but Golovkin is 31 and Ishida is his 3rd or 4th best win this is getting sad to see someone get such undue credit, I don't think Ishida would even beat Winky now, it's whatever just a shame and a bit of a disgrace to boxers who earned what they got.
    Yes because he turned pro late, it doesnt make a difference how old are you. Khan is 26, his career was in much better shape when he was 23 or 24. Id say he would love to be in GGGs position at 31.

Martinez is 38. At 31 he was in a very similar position to GGG.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    I totally understand what @Onetime is talking about from purely the boxing perspective.

It cracks me up. People watch the Broner fight and he’s a piece of dog shit because he didn’t iron Paulie out and struggled some but little heed is paid to the style match up. In this one Macklin gets crushed as expected because of a style match up and GGG is the next coming of Christ. Lets be honest here, he had more problems with Rosado because he moved and was but a tad slick.

I watched the British post fight online because Lapdog and gang make me want to hurl and Barker had a confident reserve about him. I’m still convinced Barker could beat him

Last night it looked like he cut the ring off like nobody has since Hagler but he cut off the ring against a guy that never knew how to use one at least defensively.

Ok I broke my self imposed Bronercott but the comparison begged to be made. One guy is much adored going into his last fight and the other despised. Imo many of the conclusions drawn are based on that fact rather then the field of play.
    Barker gets stopped as quick as Macklin. No doubt. Apart from him not having any trouble with Rosado, winning every second of every round. If you watch the fight and the post fight interview you can see GGG was sick. And he apologises for not doing better because of that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes because he turned pro late, it doesnt make a difference how old are you. Khan is 26, his career was in much better shape when he was 23 or 24. Id say he would love to be in GGGs position at 31.

Martinez is 38. At 31 he was in a very similar position to GGG.
    Though he won't have the ring wear of guys who turned pro younger his body will start breaking down based on age alone GGG does not deserve this hype.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

Barker gets stopped as quick as Macklin. No doubt. Apart from him not having any trouble with Rosado, winning every second of every round. If you watch the fight and the post fight interview you can see GGG was sick. And he apologises for not doing better because of that.
    Look I know what I saw and stand by my opinion. Barker knows how to use the ring and is much more fundamentally sound then Macklin in every category except leading with his face. He did have more problems with Rosado so I'm not sure what you were watching. Rosado also landed ten times more then Macklin but cant crack a wet paper towel unfortunately but still managed dare I say to buzz this juggernaut in one of the rounds. Look it was a good win for this Kat but he's lucky most in the division are phone booth fighters and not movers. Martinez could be given a 30 foot ring today and he most likely wont win. His legs are going at a rapid pace and as matter of fact he looked like the guy that got old overnight last time out and lost his legs in the Chavez fight long before the hail mary landed. Just as is the case with Broner time will tell. As you mentioned earlier I think Triple G is going to have a hard time getting a meaningful fight.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG impressed where Broner disappointed.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG against Geale/Barker will be fun. Favor GGG. GGG beats anyone at 160, unless Martinez still has his legs. If he does, he could beat GGG. Otherwise, GGG stops Junior, Canelo, Kid Choc., Barker, N'Jikam, Geale, or Sturm.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    This say what you want about opposition but he's looked impressive . yeah he took shots from rosado but he finished the guy he's not a very defensive minded fight, and what he lost a round or two to the guy? He blasted out macklin, who was ring ranked, did the same to proska who was also ring ranked, hindsight is hindsight. Also I know its a different world but you don't have the success golo had in the amateurs without being halfway decent. A poster in another thread said he would be impressed with golo if he was to ktfo out bute, well he did that in the amateurs in like 2 rounds...

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    This say what you want about opposition but he's looked impressive . yeah he took shots from rosado but he finished the guy he's not a very defensive minded fight, and what he lost a round or two to the guy? He blasted out macklin, who was ring ranked, did the same to proska who was also ring ranked, hindsight is hindsight. Also I know its a different world but you don't have the success golo had in the amateurs without being halfway decent. A poster in another thread said he would be impressed with golo if he was to ktfo out bute, well he did that in the amateurs in like 2 rounds...
    He also didnt lose any rounds to Rosado. Golovkin out landed him in all rounds. I think it was 60-45 on all scorecards at the time the fight ended

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a impressive ko..but it was exactly what was predicted, just earlier. I'm not knocking the guy but after every massivly pushed guy gets a ko, as predicted, we need to take a breath. I really dont knock him or think he needs excuses for Rosado either. But Rosado is Rosado. I'm not familiar with Proksa in a big way but I'm always a little weary of 'he totally ruined the guy'. Or did his level just max out and again against Mora not 8,9 months later. I mean Rosado had been brutally starched by pressure previously then beat to a pulp with Golovkin only to go on to shine and beat an unbeaten prospect. Its clear he needs bigger, better conflicts and there are guys out there but its a far stretch to label him some world class indestructable cyborg knocking down walls and making class Champions wet the bed.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When other pro boxers, his opponents, contemporaries and people in and around boxing join the chorus it is very easy to join in, but even with both fingers in my ears my eyes are screaming out quality to me. Myself and Dia have said it for quite a while but its not difficult to be excited by an old school throwback who means business and brings it, time and again.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know a lot of people feel Quillen has not proven himself. Perhaps some truth is in this but I still think he and GGG would make for a good fight. The hype around GGG is much different than the Broner hype. GGG seems like a decent, humble guy who deserves a lot of buzz if not hype about his skills. Broners hype appears to be seventy percent promotional. Despite people's lack of faith in Quillen I think he will prove himself to be amongst the elite. How about GGG and Rusian. It would be interesting to see a couple of these ex Soviet Block fighters go at it. These guys must have an intense training camp. I think they use Volkswagens in place of heavybags

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    When other pro boxers, his opponents, contemporaries and people in and around boxing join the chorus it is very easy to join in, but even with both fingers in my ears my eyes are screaming out quality to me. Myself and Dia have said it for quite a while but its not difficult to be excited by an old school throwback who means business and brings it, time and again.
    I'm with ya there Beanz, he's quality and fans love strictly business and knockouts. Up until now hes done whats been asked of him and has a fondness for beating guys up, but the guys he is dusting over last few are far removed from the better ones he is already being made a certainy over without so much as a second thought.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I know a lot of people feel Quillen has not proven himself. Perhaps some truth is in this but I still think he and GGG would make for a good fight. The hype around GGG is much different than the Broner hype. GGG seems like a decent, humble guy who deserves a lot of buzz if not hype about his skills. Broners hype appears to be seventy percent promotional. Despite people's lack of faith in Quillen I think he will prove himself to be amongst the elite. How about GGG and Rusian. It would be interesting to see a couple of these ex Soviet Block fighters go at it. These guys must have an intense training camp. I think they use Volkswagens in place of heavybags
    I think your right about Quillin, to me he has improved much and deserves his own push. I hope these two fight it out!!

Thread Information