Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Edited reality in boxing records.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Edited reality in boxing records.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scribbs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    I'm just curious about this, do any of you do this?

When I believe a fighter has lost a fight, I class it as a loss, and every time they fight I just sort of ignore the bullshit record they read out and go by my own edited reality.

For instance

In my own mind Adrien Broners record is 25-1-1.
    Tyson Fury is 20-1-0
    Calzaghe is 46-0-1 (Robin Reid got the draw)

I almost cringe when they mention these 2 in the same sentence as the word undefeated.

So when I fighter gets a bum decision do you class it as a loss or just accepted it and consider it a legit win?
    I've done this for years. I accept the record on paper tho as you cannot really change what's happened. Thats why we have a number of paper champs throughout history like David Haye being a Heavyweight champ, er no, but I do refer to him as a former Cruiser Champ.

Personally I think you have to accept what's occurred but still have your own take on the situation. For me Calzaghe would have 2 draws, Reid & Hopkins although the Hopkins fight leaves a sour taste because if Joe could have carried on without Bernard feigning injury then it would have been a razor thin win the the Welshman.

Clarification: Yes I do this but also accept the record that's put forward. Contradictory I know.
    Just coz you dont like shit doesnt mean some shit didnt happen
    but he ain't a heavy champ. he's a heavyweight titlist & that's the difference.

being a boxing fan I would have thought you had some intelligence to know that
    o right soz, we now have gold champs, silver champs, interim belt holders, ring magazine champs, champs in recess, and titlists

that clears things up for me

but if you mean he wasnt the number one in the division then yes youre right, taking that approach tho you would have to go back through the last 30 years and strip a lot of very good world champions of their belts
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Britkid View Post
    It is ridiculous to change decisions because you do not like them. Unless you have seen every bout in boxing history, how can you even try to be consistant with that theory?

But there is another form of editing boxing records, that is very real.

In 1981 a young unbeaten Mexican fighter was fighting a journeyman. The prospect decked the journeyman, but struck his opponent while he was on the floor. The referee seemingly rightly according to Newspaper reports, dq'd the prospect.

The next day, the prospects manager, who also helpfully happened to be the head of the local Boxing Commission, overturned the referee's decision and awarded the prospect a KO win...

A decade later that 'prospect' is now multi time world champion and still claiming an unbeaten record. Indeed his promoter is selling him on his journey to 100 and 0.

As brilliant as he was, if Julio Cesar Chavez was 'and 1' the mystic would not quite of been so much. And it should be noted until the late 80s Chavez's record showed that early defeat in some publications. Then with the magic century coming into view, it was dropped...
    Nothing to do with "not liking" the decision.

I'm talking about when it's 100% blatantly obvious.

Like broner v Quintero, for 5 rounds of an 8 round fight he barely threw a jab while Quintero landed at ease, Yet one judge gave broner 6 rounds to 2 on the cards?

I also mean fights that are MASSIVELY famous for being robberies, where almost everyone agrees it was a robbery, again like Fury v McDermott 1.
    i dont necessarily agree that fury macdermott 1 was a robbery

you can form whatever opinion you like about fights as every fan does but a fighter has only one record

you could get 10 boxing fans in a room and discuss any fighter's records and mix and match opinions and the fighter could go from an undefeated 20-0 to a 9-11 journeyman
    Then I don't respect your opinions anymore.

The pundits couldn't believe it nor could Furys own camp I bet.
    ha, relax fella

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I believe a fighter has lost a fight, I class it as a loss, and every time they fight I just sort of ignore the bullshit record they read out and go by my own edited reality.

For instance

Tyson Fury is 20-1-0

I almost cringe when they mention these 2 in the same sentence as the word undefeated.

So when I fighter gets a bum decision do you class it as a loss or just accepted it and consider it a legit win?
    I only do that with fights that were clear robberies. Which is why I consider Juan Manuel Marquez to really be 60-2. Instead of the disgusting 55-6-1

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

For instance

Tyson Fury is 20-1-0

I only do that with fights that were clear robberies. Which is why I consider Juan Manuel Marquez to really be 60-2. Instead of the disgusting 55-6-1
    Yeah, I have him 2-2 with Pacquiao.

Glad you answered like that because most seems to have misses the point and been sketchy with their answers.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For instance

Tyson Fury is 20-1-0

Glad you answered like that because most seems to have misses the point and been sketchy with their answers.
    Looks like you missed the point too

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For instance

Tyson Fury is 20-1-0

Looks like you missed the point too
    I don't think 2-2 is unfair.

The draw I think was unfair to Pacquiao. (When you consider that the 113-113 judge scored the first round 10-7 by accident, he later admitted that 3 knockdown should have made it 10-6, in which case Pacquiao would have won.)

However, these fighters are littered with decisions like that so I don't bother my ass with their records.
    Last edited by Vendettos; 07-19-2013 at 08:12 AM.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Onetime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Ha so it's okay that your corner start a riot? Boxing has rules if your corner comes in the ring you are DQed, you want special treatment for Floyd
    @Onetime - You're only hating on Floyd because he's an American and everyone hates America.
    See you can't be honest, I don't blindly defend American or black fighters but the garbage that I see from people who hug Euros against guys like Floyd, Danny, Wilder, B-hop, Devon and Quillin. GGG could start a riot and you would ride him, I don't do that.
    Not true. If he fights Quillin, I'm right behind Kid Chocolate. I'm a big Quillin fan. I think GGG is good, but I'm not sold yet.
    GGG beat Ouma he is clearly the best to ever step in the ring, the GGG fans are just the worse I've ever seen they make Manny fans seem rationale
    See @Onetime, I agree with this. I just can't understand why you keep saying we all hate American fighters. There is plenty of love for American fighters on this forum.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

theres so many things contribute to the result of a fight too, not just the judges scores

how deap does it go?

the ref is clearly bent in a lot of wlad klit fights and gives him all the advantages, has wlad klit lost his last 10?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha so it's okay that your corner start a riot? Boxing has rules if your corner comes in the ring you are DQed, you want special treatment for Floyd
    @Onetime - You're only hating on Floyd because he's an American and everyone hates America.
    See you can't be honest, I don't blindly defend American or black fighters but the garbage that I see from people who hug Euros against guys like Floyd, Danny, Wilder, B-hop, Devon and Quillin. GGG could start a riot and you would ride him, I don't do that.
    Not true. If he fights Quillin, I'm right behind Kid Chocolate. I'm a big Quillin fan. I think GGG is good, but I'm not sold yet.
    GGG beat Ouma he is clearly the best to ever step in the ring, the GGG fans are just the worse I've ever seen they make Manny fans seem rationale
    See @Onetime, I agree with this. I just can't understand why you keep saying we all hate American fighters. There is plenty of love for American fighters on this forum.
    Yupp we like the american fighters.

It's a lot of the American posters that are pricks.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is no way an American could have GGG's resume and get so much undue love. Plus the Danny shit was annoying people wanted him to duck so they could cry duck.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is no way an American could have GGG's resume and get so much undue love. Plus the Danny shit was annoying people wanted him to duck so they could cry duck.
    I think you're jealous of GGG LOL.

You mention him in every post.

Like a queer boy.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Problem with this idea is, there are almost no fights where people are 100% in agreement. Most robberies aren't really robberies, it's just people interpreting action differently.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you're jealous of GGG LOL.

You mention him in every post.

Like a queer boy.
    Ha you defend him in every post, he's offensive to real fans with his resume and annoying personality. Just admit you are gay for Golovkin

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yupp we like the american fighters.

It's a lot of the American posters that are pricks.
    Thats the spirit

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does this only apply to decisions?

A hypothetical.

For 7 rounds fighter A is all over fighter B like stink on shit. fighter B chins fighter A and drops him. Fighter A appears to be fine but gets stopped by the referee.

What then?

I think this is an area thats best left in the grey. If everything was black and white we'd have fuck all to talk/whinge about.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information