Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anderson Silva Sparring at Wild Card Boxing Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qntHW...eature=related

Just for the sheer hell of it. It's not like there's any point me watching the Audley fight!
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anderson Silva Sparring at Wild Card Boxing Club

Man that guy is fluid...IMO he could have done something as a boxer....Don't know who he was sparring and not judging him in offense just the way he moves....The guy is like Water at times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    Man that guy is fluid...IMO he could have done something as a boxer....Don't know who he was sparring and not judging him in offense just the way he moves....The guy is like Water at times
    I agree, looking forward to seeing him fight tonight

Was New York, Cali most recently to present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not a fan of MMA mostly because I just think it is a glorified street fight, but if the sport was filled with guys like Anderson Silva I would watch it. The guy is a proper athlete same with that St. Pierre guy as well.
    McGirt recalling the minute break between the 9th round of the Ward fight "He said, 'Help me stand up and I'll finish the fight.'"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His footwork is impressive and his punch selection, but his handspeed has never been anything special too me and he's wide open defensively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by markb018 View Post
    I am not a fan of MMA mostly because I just think it is a glorified street fight, but if the sport was filled with guys like Anderson Silva I would watch it. The guy is a proper athlete same with that St. Pierre guy as well.
    I feel the same way to be honest. I think it's a massive shame that st pierre and silva aren't a similar weight. That would be a great fight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qntHW...eature=related

Just for the sheer hell of it. It's not like there's any point me watching the Audley fight!

Good video but if you missed the Harrison fight you should be kicking yourself.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post
    I feel the same way to be honest. I think it's a massive shame that st pierre and silva aren't a similar weight. That would be a great fight.
    Apparently there fighting at 170 In their next fights. I just watched silva a minute ago he looked awesome for the first 3 rounds then seemed to gas.some definately flaws their

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by paddy448 View Post
    Apparently there fighting at 170 In their next fights. I just watched silva a minute ago he looked awesome for the first 3 rounds then seemed to gas.some definately flaws their
    Awesome Running around in circles is awesome? Barely throwing a punch or anything for 5 round is awesome? How the fuck did he gas when he was only show boating for 3 rounds and then just did nothing. He was disgraceful and there he was abusing Maia for "not fighting"...the only one night fighting was Silva.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey View Post

Awesome Running around in circles is awesome? Barely throwing a punch or anything for 5 round is awesome? How the fuck did he gas when he was only show boating for 3 rounds and then just did nothing. He was disgraceful and there he was abusing Maia for "not fighting"...the only one night fighting was Silva.
    apparently Silva said after the fight that Maia had disrespected him so he wanted to embarass him there's some post on sherdog that Silva was taunting Maia and saying to hit him in the face and calling him a rich boy or something. Don't know how true it is though.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

apparently Silva said after the fight that Maia had disrespected him so he wanted to embarass him there's some post on sherdog that Silva was taunting Maia and saying to hit him in the face and calling him a rich boy or something. Don't know how true it is though.
    The only thing Maia said before the fight was something about Silvas black belt in ju jitsu but the way Silva acted during the fight was not an embarrassment to Maia but to himself. By the end of the fight the crowd was chanting heavily for Maia and then even towards the end they chanted for GSP. Fuck Silva, waste of a PPV...but was good to see Edgar beat BJ though.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To me he did look awesome to start with. He looked like he could do what he liked. That Maia dude looked liked a fish out of water. Then silva just started to circle not throwing anything. The only thing I put it sown to was he was tired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To me he did look awesome to start with. He looked like he could do what he liked. That Maia dude looked liked a fish out of water. Then silva just started to circle not throwing anything. The only thing I put it sown to was he was tired
    Tired...for a guy who was tired he could certainly run alot. I get taunting when your tired but to be bouncing around like your on speed (not saying hes on speed just a comparison) and running around shit loads...you dont do that when your tired. Even when boxers are tired they backpedal but not the way he was doing it...it actually exuberated energy more than anything else. And why would he be tired, he barely did anything in the first 3 rounds except run around and throw the occasional kick or punch.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Silva is one of the most talented athlete boxing/mma at the moment, excellent punching power, very very good reflexes, thunder power, some of the best kick and his ground game is scaring. However, his fights are either spectacular or mediocre, we never know which Silva will show up. His 3-4 last fights have been extremely questionable as for the show and the way he did handled it, instead of going with his relentless aggression that did provide him with spectacular KO he went for a mild performance and happy to win without doing much.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Thread Information