Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bute v. Pavlik

With Kessler backing out of the fight against Bute to face Stieglitz in Denmark, how do you feel about Pavlik as an opponent? Bute and Pavlik are probably the two most reviled boxers in this forum. Pavlik because of Jack Loew's remarks about Calzaghe and Bute because Froch hates him. It's a win-win situation if one of them gets KO'd, right? I kid I kid. No, but really, it may be the best fight out there for Bute at 168 against someone who isn't in the S6.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bute v. Pavlik

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    With Kessler backing out of the fight against Bute to face Stieglitz in Denmark, how do you feel about Pavlik as an opponent? Bute and Pavlik are probably the two most reviled boxers in this forum. Pavlik because of Jack Loew's remarks about Calzaghe and Bute because Froch hates him. It's a win-win situation if one of them gets KO'd, right? I kid I kid. No, but really, it may be the best fight out there for Bute at 168 against someone who isn't in the S6.
    You have to be kidding. Haye and Khan are the most irrationally abused fighters on this forum. And by a landslide to boot. Even Froch gets more shit than Bute and Pavlik.

In fact, I can't think of any Pavlik haters. And Bute only really has Bilbo. Which I guess does look overwhelming the amount Bilbo posts.

As for the fight - Pavlik seems lost to boxing now and doesn't look comfortable above 160 (albeit with limited evidence), so Bute by KO.
    Last edited by Fenster; 06-21-2011 at 03:25 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't mind seeing Bute vs Pavlik, but at this point in both guy's careers, I believe Bute lights up Pavlik, and stops him in one of the later rounds. Not that I wish Kelly any bad luck, i'd love to see him win, but he seems finished at the elite level.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea I agree but rather bute wins by tko. Pavlik took alot of punishment from Martinez who punches more than bute

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who the hell is managing Pavlik's career? This is a terrible matchup for him at this point.

And for general consumption, there is nothing irrational about despising 13.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik needs a new trainer. Maybe Manny! He have the Manny stature.
    But I kind of disagree. Bute a good but when he got touched, he was almost out. I don't think Bute has the output of Martinez and the craftiness of Hopkins. I feel Pavlik can extend the fight to the later rounds and land a heavy punch to hurt Bute. And we know Pavlik can finish.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Live View Post
    Pavlik needs a new trainer. Maybe Manny! He have the Manny stature.
    But I kind of disagree. Bute a good but when he got touched, he was almost out. I don't think Bute has the output of Martinez and the craftiness of Hopkins. I feel Pavlik can extend the fight to the later rounds and land a heavy punch to hurt Bute. And we know Pavlik can finish.

i agree with this

so far bute has looked good but not quite as good as everyone is making out

pavlik would be a good test especially as butes chin has been shakey before
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope Pavlik wins and upsets everyone in the game. Bute has played it safe for far too long. Pavlik did not look good in his last fight however and will need to drastically improve to pull off the upset.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bute by ko. pavlik is not pavlik anymore, for whatever reason.
    sucks too, cuz i liked pavlik when he was doing good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Hope Pavlik wins and upsets everyone in the game. Bute has played it safe for far too long. Pavlik did not look good in his last fight however and will need to drastically improve to pull off the upset.
    I dunno why, but I kinda feel Pavlik, at this point in his career, is "safe" for Bute.

I mean, look at his fight again Lopez. At this level, he's not much better than Bute's last opponents...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man I like both these guys but would love it if pav could get his shit together and win. I mean the guys been completely written off even tho before he went all acoholic he was all the way in the fight with martinez, and really only ever got his ass handed to him by bhop, one of many fighters to suffer that fate so no shame there. A new trainer would have done him good too a few years back, now its probably to late.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by marbleheadmaui View Post
    Who the hell is managing Pavlik's career? This is a terrible matchup for him at this point.

And for general consumption, there is nothing irrational about despising 13.
    Cameron Dunkin, one of the best in business. I think that the idea is "big pay day and a world championship,s fight". Bute will mangle him, I am gutted that the fight with Kessler doesn't happen, I don't find (tbh) the fight against Pavlik any relevant and the only advantage is a bit more exposure in the US.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, to be fair, Pavlik did look better in the last couple of rounds against Lopez and Lopez fought a game fight all the way through. I agree Bute has to be favored in this one, but let's wait to see how Pavlik looks in the tuneup in August.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post

I wouldn't mind seeing Bute vs Pavlik, but at this point in both guy's careers, I believe Bute lights up Pavlik, and stops him in one of the later rounds. Not that I wish Kelly any bad luck, i'd love to see him win, but he seems finished at the elite level.
    My thoughts almost exactly....

Thread Information