Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Frank Shamrock vs Renzo Gracie IS ON Saturday 2/10

This should be a good one for Showtime's premiere of their new MMA fights. Frank has been retired for a while, and Renzo has been fighting the best in the world during that time, just recently tapping out Pat Milatich, an old Milatich, but still. So though I'll be rootin for Frank, I figure he's got to be the underdog in this one. How bout you guys? Who's gonna win, and bring victory to their family name?
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Frank Shamrock vs Renzo Gracie IS ON Saturday 2/10

Frank fought a few months ago, KTFOing Cesar Gracie. I give this one to Shamrock, but expect a war.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy D
    Frank fought a few months ago, KTFOing Cesar Gracie. I give this one to Shamrock, but expect a war.
    He did? I know on the showtime build up they mentioned him beating another Gracie, but I did not know that it was so recent. I do not think Cesar is one of the better Gracies, is he? I have seen damn near all of them, but I can't remember em all, cept Renzo and Royce.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Renzo and Royce are the two most famous. In fairness, it was Cesar's first MMA fight, but he was a very successful BJJer. Looking at Cesar's profile on sherdog, the fight only lasted 21 seconds and was on 3/10/06, so almost a year ago. My how the time flies :P
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His first MMA bout? Well that puts things into perspective a bit. I think Renzo will prove to be a bit tougher. Still lets go Frank! How much do these two weigh? Is it at 205 or 185 or what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont know what to watch mosely or frank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everything that Gary Shaw touches turns to shit, there's another example of it! He makes Gracie v Shamrock a joke!
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

******SPOILERS FOR THE FIGHT***************

Shamrock had a very unimpressive fight. He pretty clearly lost the first round to Gracie. Gracie had him on the ground pretty quickly.

Second round started with a few failed takedowns, and then a takedown to side control. Shamrock was then DQ'd when he kneed Gracie in the head/neck twice from the bottom. Gracie walked out under his own power with a neckbrace on. So win for Gracie in the 2nd via disqualification.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was a bizarre ending. Frank is a dick, though I like him. He knew what he was doing with those knee strikes, he was losing and he was pissed, so he decided to pull some dirty shat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    That was a bizarre ending. Frank is a dick, though I like him. He knew what he was doing with those knee strikes, he was losing and he was pissed, so he decided to pull some dirty shat.

I would like to see a rematch between these two. And I doubt it's as simple as "he was losing and got pissed so did dirty tactics" Hulk. Frank is too experienced to get pissed and panic, Frank Shamrock likes to break down his opponents at their own game and force them to make mistakes he beats them on(like he did with Tito Ortiz by letting Tito repeatedly take him down until Tito ran out of gas and then he hammer fisted the back of Tito's skull until Tito tapped out) I want a rematch

So I'd like to see a rematch of this fight.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I enjoyed the girls 1st MMA fight more then any of the guy fights on there.....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont know how people think shamrock was losing

ALL gracie did was hold a sidemount...

he didnt ONCE even get remotley close to a submission

and shamrock worked the knees the entire time on the ground

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wish I could find the actual quote, but after being warned, then DQ'd, Frank said something to the effect of (and no exaggeration) "Yeah, I knew I was hitting him in the head with the knees, but I figured he'd move it so he wouldn't get hurt". So yeah, those knees we're perfectly intentional, and pretty vicious.

And the reason they say Frank lost is because while Renzo didn't do a whole lot, Frank essentially did nothing.

I was really rooting for Frank in this one, but he just doesn't look like he used to. I hope he gets back into the game and reclaim some of his former glory...he was always one of my favorites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I gotta disagree a bit on this one. I was pretty let down by the fight for several reasons. Frank was clearly trying to knock Renzo out on his feet. He showed no interest doing anything other than kicks, punches and knees/defense on the ground. On their feet, there was plenty of action, because Frank was constantly coming forward and throwing. While they were on the ground I think Frink was actually telling Renzo he was going to get this fight back to stand up and knock him out. Renzo wanted NO part of it (or getting a submission of his own for that matter) so he went for the takedown and worked for absolutely nothing but a safer mount position...where he seemed perfectly content to stall. Frank started throwing some knees from the bottom...most likely to Renzo to move or do something...standup...ANYTHING. They struck the back of Renzo "THE DEAD FISH" Gracie's neck and shoulders. He rolled over and pulled his hands to his nose of all places. They stopped the fight and gave him five minutes to recover. He was pulling the "I can't see" routine... blinking and looking wild eyed.I don't know how many times they asked him if he was read to fight... He had that "I see dead people" look on his face. It was like watching a kid trying to play sick from school. He entertained no notion of fighting again. In my opinion, Frank played it rough and it backfired. I was so pissed at Renzo. He wouldn't even grant an interview after the fight. He wasted my time and the crowd's money. Sad. The crowd boo'd the hell out of him and rightfully so. Frank will be just fine. Next time his oppenent might actually come to fight.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thougt Frank was wining and I think he would have won the fight.....

Frank seemed calm & collected all the time, he worked the knees all Renzo did was side mount and thats it I don't think he threw a single blow on the ground.....

Standing is memory serves me right Frank landed some shots...

Thread Information