Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Chris eubanks jr?!

Ive read abit about his amature fights and seen a couple on you tube, the guy has talent and looks pretty slick, Im unsure if hes turned pro yet?! Anyone got any info/views? I follow him on facebook and he posts some really stupid shit?!? Theres already comparisons to his dad been raised which i thinks abit daft considering how early days it is yet, his dad was one of the best british super mids!

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chris eubanks jr?!

Watched him yesterday and he seems the complete package. He is making the most of his dads reputation and making himself sell. He is seasoned already even though it was his first fight as he has sparred in the US, against Cleverly and Groves. Junior is level headed and id dedicated to the game, he was flawless. I know he is has a long way to go but he could not have done better.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes i like JR seem's to be a good fighter, is he on that long road to the top only time will tell.?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was his first pro fight last night, he looked every bit as good as you'd hope.

He's been touring America apparently, sparring with some of the biggest names.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bit of excitement and buzz over him.... he looked great last night for his first pro fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh i thought chris jr looked fit and sharp.......... But bollox im gona be critical!! I no it was the guys first bout but the bloke he was fightin was very limited, he did nothing but defend with a very high gaurd! It seemed jr was more bothered about struting about than using his boxing brain to get an early ko, I cant help thinking all the other upcoming fighters (ie degale, groves,saunders etc) in there 1st bout would of switched to body shots+found away thru the gaurd and got him out if there in maybe two rounds?!? Credit where its due though his hands looked quick and he looked in top shape! Im sure there'l be more to come!!!
    Last edited by Taffturner; 11-13-2011 at 09:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looked very good last night, did i hear right that he only had 26 amature fights?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This guy is going places. He's not like the Camacho Jrs or the Pryor Jrs that's for sure.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hes lucky to have Eubank as a dad if he wants to make it in the pro game. His dad was a hard bastard that learnt the hard way with tough sparring sessions.

Jr gave Cleverly a broken rib in the build up to the Bellew fight and it was Jr who gave Groves the black eye in sparring!

Im sure some will like to see this, I found another sparring session of sr and its pretty intense

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yes he did look the part last night - of course very early days

remember him from At Home With the Eubanks and thought he was a bit of a girl. His dad back then said he 'wasn't hungry enough' to make it in the fight game

obviously grown up
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

10 miles from Manchester, 6 miles from Bolton
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looked good

Needs an opponent who actually throws back though
    Hidden Content

If it's yellow, let it mellow... If it's brown, invite me 'round...

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was his first fight, he looked a seasoned professional, and did not know he caused those injuries. Could not get better backing and experience, he is certainly better than the other juniors that we are seeing. He could beat Chavez Jnr now.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That was his first fight, he looked a seasoned professional, and did not know he caused those injuries. Could not get better backing and experience, he is certainly better than the other juniors that we are seeing. He could beat Chavez Jnr now.
    I dont know about that much just yet. From what iv seen of Chavez jr he isnt great but does have a chin and keeps coming forward.

I saw with Eubank jr trying to impress too much and wasting alot of punches and movement just to be busy. This is only his first pro fight and he will settle down after a period of more experience. It will be interesting to see him in a year or so time against someone like a Katsidis who is strong and fit and can fight all night.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    I dont know about that much just yet. From what iv seen of Chavez jr he isnt great but does have a chin and keeps coming forward.

I saw with Eubank jr trying to impress too much and wasting alot of punches and movement just to be busy. This is only his first pro fight and he will settle down after a period of more experience. It will be interesting to see him in a year or so time against someone like a Katsidis who is strong and fit and can fight all night.
    Yes I was exaggerating but the point being he is way ahead of any fighter I have seen in their first pro fight, he may even have to be accelerated to keep him from getting unmotivated and picking up bad habits.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

Yes I was exaggerating but the point being he is way ahead of any fighter I have seen in their first pro fight, he may even have to be accelerated to keep him from getting unmotivated and picking up bad habits.
    Deffinitly exciting

I like the fact hes picked up the old mans arrogant "simply the best" attitude.

Thread Information