Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default THE ROUND IS NOT OVER UNTIL THE BELL RINGS

I dont know why this doesnt get through to some people. Roger got in the ring durin the round. End of story. Its messed up that he potentially cause PBF a loss, but that is following the rulebook. Mayweather should have lost by DQ. Rules of boxing are made to be followed, fair or not. Otherwise whats to stop trainers hopping in the ring every fight
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: THE ROUND IS NOT OVER UNTIL THE BELL RINGS

The rule says "during the action," not "before the round ends." Steele had called time when Roger entered the ring. Thus, not "during the action." Simple.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the nevada officials say a time out was called...

thats the actual reason they gave for a DQ not being manditory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A time out is different than a break between rounds. for instance your cornerman can not talk to you during a "break" (of course they try anyway but) you are to go to a neutral corner and be silent.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    A time out is different than a break between rounds. for instance your cornerman can not talk to you during a "break" (of course they try anyway but) you are to go to a neutral corner and be silent.
    So what? You're ignoring the language of the rule, which doesn't mention "rounds".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a conerman typically enters the sing to show he wants the figfht stopped, as it forces the ref to stop the fight even if the fighter disagrees

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The rules say its also up to the referees discretion. Steele did the right thing for the fans and the viewers that paid money to see that fight. The zab fans were happy early when it seemed like their fighter was winning. The Mayweather fans werent, but the momentum swayed and thats what made it a better fight than most. It wasnt a one sided mismatch or a foul filled contest... nor was it a boring ruiz kinda of hugfest.

So the ref used his descretion as per the rules and let the fans have a conclusive outcome rather than cheating everyone involved with some sort stupid techicality based reason for putting a bad end to a good fight. Where noones happy, the fighters fought for nothing .. the fans paid for nothing and everyone would have do it all over again just to get a conclusive result they could have got the first time if the fight just continued till the end. It gave judah enough time to collect himself from the beating he was taking and mayweather enough time to recover or try to recover from the low blow and rabbit punch... so they could both decide who would win. I think Steele handled it well.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i have a feeling tommorow we will AT LEAST see a NC

it may be a DQ, cuz the tape appears to show yoel didnt enter the ring till zab was outnumbered 2 - 1 with only 1 security guard in the ring

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    I dont know why this doesnt get through to some people. Roger got in the ring durin the round. End of story. Its messed up that he potentially cause PBF a loss, but that is following the rulebook. Mayweather should have lost by DQ. Rules of boxing are made to be followed, fair or not. Otherwise whats to stop trainers hopping in the ring every fight
    In Vegas thats not the rules... THe judge makes an assessment of the situation and decideds whether or not to stop the fight or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed
    The rules say its also up to the referees discretion. Steele did the right thing for the fans and the viewers that paid money to see that fight. The zab fans were happy early when it seemed like their fighter was winning. The Mayweather fans werent, but the momentum swayed and thats what made it a better fight than most. It wasnt a one sided mismatch or a foul filled contest... nor was it a boring ruiz kinda of hugfest.

So the ref used his descretion as per the rules and let the fans have a conclusive outcome rather than cheating everyone involved with some sort stupid techicality based reason for putting a bad end to a good fight. Where noones happy, the fighters fought for nothing .. the fans paid for nothing and everyone would have do it all over again just to get a conclusive result they could have got the first time if the fight just continued till the end. It gave judah enough time to collect himself from the beating he was taking and mayweather enough time to recover or try to recover from the low blow and rabbit punch... so they could both decide who would win. I think Steele handled it well.
    cc thanks
    You saved me time by typing exactly what I was gonna type.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by meowza
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed

cc thanks
    You saved me time by typing exactly what I was gonna type.
    Anytime. CC back atcha. I think any overturning of this decision and and ensuing rematch would just be redundance just for the sake of trying to double the profits.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Thread Information