Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
Kovalev is shit, and he is overrated.

When you really break it down who has he actually beaten? Cleverly and Agnew and nobody is in belief that these 2 are great fighters.

While Stevenson, in his. Last 3 has stopped 2 world champions with pure ease, with Bellew thrown in there as some salt on the already tasted performances.

I see Kovalev getting lost in the ring with Stevenson, as they are being compared but I see it as one sided, kovalev is just a punch, that's it.
their opponents are pretty even. dawson was a world class fighter but started to show a decline in the last few years. he has also been very chinny throughout his whole career so i have no doubt that kovalev would have done the same thing to him.

cloud was way overrated. agnew is better than cloud. cleverly is better than bellow. silkah is also a pretty good fighter. i think that they both had a good 2013. kovalev has shown me that he is more real than stevenson. ive seen tons of fighters like stevenson who have speed and power which give them a good year or two run. he has too many flaws in his game though. kovalev seems legit to me. i have no doubt that he is the best LHW right now.
Really? I respectfully disagree with you.

I do not believe cleverly is better than Bellew, back when they fought yeah, but I think Bellew has passed him comfortably.

It's the manner in which Stevenson won his last few fights. Steven literally had no problems at all against these guys and you can say what you want but they were world champions for a reason.

I don't believe that Stevenson is just speed and power, he showed some decent skills and he was counter punching very good.

Kovalev to me is just a hyped up puncher.

Tbh though even if Stevenson was just "speed and power" he would still be more than Kovalev, who is to me, just power.
That's all fair my good friend @Vendettos but Kovalev signed up to fight Stevenson without needing any convincing and Stevenson balked twice on facing Kovalev, once in his post-fight interview after the Bellew win where he indicated he'd prefer to face Hopkins and Froch to Kovalev, and second by attempting to renegotiate with HBO for more money after he had agreed with Kovalev's promoter on the fight. Stevenson can call Kovalev a bum but actions speak louder than words.