0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Marquez vs Tszyu

Quote Originally Posted by NVSemin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Who wins this matchup ay 140?
    Tszue was more technically sound, I give him an edge
    Shocking.. Can you give me an example of how Tszyu was more sound, technically?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am currently working on that, I will come back here
    Learn Mike Tyson style and elements of Peekaboo @ SugarBoxing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tszyu wins easy by knock out!

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is "more sweet", he read bible, Marquez is talented, but Tszyu was God-gifted.

What else is needed?
    Last edited by SugarBoxing; 09-25-2013 at 04:22 PM.
    Learn Mike Tyson style and elements of Peekaboo @ SugarBoxing

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tszyu smashes JMM around the ring with his bomb of a right hand. JMM survives to see the end of the fight on heart and determination.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This sort of thing makes me think of alot of different things and people around that weight in regards to who beat who and why as well. Unfair to decide on that though. I was thinking Hatton Jmm. Jmm Cotto. Floyds control of them all, in a comparison.

Kostya only got beat when a couple beat him at his own game and didnt get caught or timed with an unseen shot cause they were mentally like a rock and going to total war with him so every hit seen and expected.

Timing beats just gun speed for sure, Jmm had both and Kostya had more timing shifting into power .

Depends on who stayed the coolest and got smarter on the night as Jmm is evasively sound with instant counters so he could out point if he stayed level headed and kept moving, Id give it to KT in a last round stoppage though cause Jmm would at some stage want to bang it out too and that would take its toll.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    This sort of thing makes me think of alot of different things and people around that weight in regards to who beat who and why as well. Unfair to decide on that though. I was thinking Hatton Jmm. Jmm Cotto. Floyds control of them all, in a comparison.

Kostya only got beat when a couple beat him at his own game and didnt get caught or timed with an unseen shot cause they were mentally like a rock and going to total war with him so every hit seen and expected.

Timing beats just gun speed for sure, Jmm had both and Kostya had more timing shifting into power .

Depends on who stayed the coolest and got smarter on the night as Jmm is evasively sound with instant counters so he could out point if he stayed level headed and kept moving, Id give it to KT in a last round stoppage though cause Jmm would at some stage want to bang it out too and that would take its toll.
    I see this as pretty equal myself. Good post.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

An injury free Tszyu from 1999-2001 smashes just about everybody at 140 including Pacman! He wouldn't catch Floyd, but the rest are made for him.

He KO's Marquez in 4 or batters him like Gonzalez by 10 (Marquez was easy to hit and although he survived 3 knockdowns in the first Pacquiao fight he would be lucky to survive one from Tszyu)

Same applies to Manny.

Floyd on the other hand counters Tszyu's greatest weapon, his ability to cut off the ring and land hard accurate accumulating punches.

Tszyu would lose a decision to Floyd at his peak.

I think we only saw glimpses of the best of Kostya Tszyu, we saw that from 1999-2001.
    The Judah fight was telling in that Judah did all he could in the first round, he landed some good shots, but Tszyu was still there, he then went all cautious in the 2nd knowing he had already shown his cards and he didn't have a winning hand.

Tszyu was a stalker in the ring, brilliant at cutting off the ring and didn't waste punches, when he landed it had a debilitating effect... with fighters at times just trying to get to the end of the fight intact. More often than not they didn't, Marquez would not have made it to the end.

The near 2 year lay off affected him greatly and he was nullified by the younger Hatton, but those who under estimate Tszyu's abilities are making a mistake. I don't think Mosley or DLH underestimated him at all and both took a different path.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tszyu is overrated, just take a look at his resume. Tszyu is probably P4P #1 in mythical matchups but who has he beaten to be regarded this high..

Marquez would beat him to the punch everytime to a decision victory.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tszyu was a good fighter. He was a favorite to watch. But I can't see him beating Marquez. He was to reliant on the right hand. Marquez would of had a field day countering. Another thing is Tszyu had to be in control to win. Especially when his opponent could take his power. He knew early on he wasn't stopping Ben Tackie or Oktay Urkal. But he was in control the whole fight and got the win. When he lost control against a fighter he couldn't stop he lost the fight. Hatton and Phillips fights are clear examples. He wouldn't be able to stop Marquez. And at some point in the fight he would lose control. And than the fight

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    An injury free Tszyu from 1999-2001 smashes just about everybody at 140 including Pacman! He wouldn't catch Floyd, but the rest are made for him.

He KO's Marquez in 4 or batters him like Gonzalez by 10 (Marquez was easy to hit and although he survived 3 knockdowns in the first Pacquiao fight he would be lucky to survive one from Tszyu)

Same applies to Manny.

Floyd on the other hand counters Tszyu's greatest weapon, his ability to cut off the ring and land hard accurate accumulating punches.

Tszyu would lose a decision to Floyd at his peak.

I think we only saw glimpses of the best of Kostya Tszyu, we saw that from 1999-2001.
    The Judah fight was telling in that Judah did all he could in the first round, he landed some good shots, but Tszyu was still there, he then went all cautious in the 2nd knowing he had already shown his cards and he didn't have a winning hand.

Tszyu was a stalker in the ring, brilliant at cutting off the ring and didn't waste punches, when he landed it had a debilitating effect... with fighters at times just trying to get to the end of the fight intact. More often than not they didn't, Marquez would not have made it to the end.

The near 2 year lay off affected him greatly and he was nullified by the younger Hatton, but those who under estimate Tszyu's abilities are making a mistake. I don't think Mosley or DLH underestimated him at all and both took a different path.
    I think Tszyu could time a right hand on Floyd’s chin and rock him enough for him to fight scared ensuring Kostya wins a decision.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In all fairness, Marquez had already seen his best years (physically) by the time he started fighting at 140. That considered, I don't think you are going to hit Marquez with a whole bunch of right hand punches because he is smart and smart guys don't get hit with right hands. Tszyu used to get hit with them, but then he got smart and turned his body.
    I think Marquez is more mobile, and I think he is smarter. I think that Tszyu has the better right hand, Marquez the better left. I think that Marquez would win, and I feel pretty good about that, though it wouldn't suprise me to see it go the other way.

Thread Information