Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hatton is handpicked by PBF... this is blasphemy, but please hear me out.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hatton is handpicked by PBF... this is blasphemy, but please hear me out.

It seems like the best fight Mayweather had in ages, but it also reminds me of the Judah matchup.
    And I know this is a European based forum, so I'm already hated. heheh I'm kidding!

But... Hatton is the next best thing in boxing.
    There is a buzz about Hatton & Mayweather already, as this site and many others have shown.
    Everybody is shocked that Manchester took over Vegas! Ricky's fame is rising pretty fast.
    In all this fanfare, there has been some backlash, some have labeled him "overrated" and a "bum."
    He's NOT a bum! But I think it's safe to say we all admit he is a bit overrated.

He did have trouble with boxer/punchers Luis Collazo, some say he lost, but everybody has to agree that Hatton barely survived the last round. Collazo isn't a puncher, but he did use his superior ring generalship and legs. Collazo is good, but Shane ended him, he's been quiet since. And another young man, Urango, made Hatton look average and un-exciting.
    This incited Wayne McCullough to publicly lecture Ricky "Fatton" stating that he should lay off the drinking and partying.
    Many others, on this site were on the same boat with Wayne.

To be fair, Hatton did look amazing against Ben Tackie,
    but Ben isn't much of a technical boxer and took a beating from Sharmba and Kostya just before he met Ricky.
    Warren did keep Hatton in Manchester and did develope the legit fighter Hatton very well.
    I will say this, Hatton look BRUTAL against Carlos Maussa! That was a damn good leaping left hook!
    Maussa was legit, but his record isn't THAT good, nevertheless I was a good night.

Hatton isn't that big, he went up to 147 and admitted it was too hard to take the punches and he felt weaker.
    Later on he said that it was the court obligations that sidetracked him, which is a possibility of course,
    Yet Hatton hasn't come back to 147 since, even with the increase pay in the States and the luxury rest he's gotten.

Hatton did impressively defeat Castillo and Tszyu... both were a time to celebrate... but
    Both Kostya and JLC were on the slide, even if Hatton helped to finally knock them off their slide!
    I hate to admit that but it's true, JLC and Tszyu were at the end of their careers when they met up with the Hitman.
    Hatton stopped them impressively, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Stylistically ...
    Hattons the easiest out of the sizeable and harder hitting Margarito, Cotto, and veteran Mosley.
    It's just my opinion, I'll take heat for this, but I actually think Mosley is the easiest of the three mentioned...
    but Mosley is pretty bad@ss for an old man. But that's like saying the gas chamber is easier than the chair. :P
    Not as fast as Floyd and I will say he's no longer in his prime years, but he's smart, stronger, bigger, a veteran, and most of all he's not afraid. I've grown into a Mosley fan.
    He doesn't have much time left, so I can TOTALLY understand a matchup that should happen soon with Mayweather.
    Shane has earned it. He's earned everything.

And note to Margarito haters: You know Floyd ducked that one! wink wink

I'd applaud Mayweather if he wanted to fight Cotto or Margarito. I'd be impressed if he fought Mosley.
    And I'd want him to RUN to a Ricky Hatton fight as soon as possible if I were his manager.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton is handpicked by PBF... this is blasphemy, but please hear me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai
    It seems like the best fight Mayweather had in ages, but it also reminds me of the Judah matchup.
    And I know this is a European based forum, so I'm already hated. heheh I'm kidding!

There is a buzz about Hatton & Mayweather already, as this site and many others have shown.
    Everybody is shocked that Manchester took over Vegas! Ricky's fame is rising pretty fast.
    In all this fanfare, there has been some backlash, some have labeled him "overrated" and a "bum."
    He's NOT a bum! But I think it's safe to say we all admit he is a bit overrated.

He did have trouble with boxer/punchers Luis Collazo, some say he lost, but everybody has to agree that Hatton barely survived the last round. Collazo isn't a puncher, but he did use his superior ring generalship and legs. Collazo is good, but Shane ended him, he's been quiet since. And another young man, Urango, made Hatton look average and un-exciting.
    This incited Wayne McCullough to publicly lecture Ricky "Fatton" stating that he should lay off the drinking and partying.

but Ben isn't much of a technical boxer and took a beating from Sharmba and Kostya just before he met Ricky.
    Warren did keep Hatton in Manchester and did develope the legit fighter Hatton very well.
    I will say this, Hatton look BRUTAL against Carlos Maussa! That was a damn good leaping left hook!
    Maussa was legit, but his record isn't THAT good, nevertheless I was a good night.

Hatton isn't that big, he went up to 147 and admitted it was too hard to take the punches and he felt weaker.
    Later on he said that it was the court obligations that sidetracked him, which is a possibility of course,
    Yet Hatton hasn't come back to 147 since, even with the increase pay in the States and the luxury rest he's gotten.

Hatton did impressively defeat Castillo and Tszyu... both were a time to celebrate... but
    Both Kostya and JLC were on the slide, even if Hatton helped to finally knock them off their slide!
    I hate to admit that but it's true, JLC and Tszyu were at the end of their careers when they met up with the Hitman.

Stylistically ...
    Hattons the easiest out of the sizeable and harder hitting Margarito, Cotto, and veteran Mosley.
    It's just my opinion, I'll take heat for this, but I actually think Mosley is the easiest of the three mentioned...
    but Mosley is pretty bad@ss for an old man. But that's like saying the gas chamber is easier than the chair. :P
    Not as fast as Floyd and I will say he's no longer in his prime years, but he's smart, stronger, bigger, a veteran, and most of all he's not afraid. I've grown into a Mosley fan.
    He doesn't have much time left, so I can TOTALLY understand a matchup that should happen soon with Mayweather.

I'd applaud Mayweather if he wanted to fight Cotto or Margarito. I'd be impressed if he fought Mosley.
    And I'd want him to RUN to a Ricky Hatton fight as soon as possible if I were his manager.
    I don't agree he's overrated. I'm a massive fan, which I have never hidden, but I believe Ricky really is that good and I'm happy to put his off performances against Collazo and Urango down to bad days at the office against tricky people. Ricky did it the hard way against Collazo in what was an exciting fight, that is one of my all time favourite fights because I was on the edge of my seat. Cotto had similar problems with Torres.

To me, had can beat Mayweather, I really believe he can.

While I didn't agree with your overall argument, you made some good points so #336.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton is handpicked by PBF... this is blasphemy, but please hear me out.

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai

Stylistically ...

I don't agree he's overrated. I'm a massive fan, which I have never hidden, but I believe Ricky really is that good and I'm happy to put his off performances against Collazo and Urango down to bad days at the office against tricky people. Ricky did it the hard way against Collazo in what was an exciting fight, that is one of my all time favourite fights because I was on the edge of my seat. Cotto had similar problems with Torres.

To me, had can beat Mayweather, I really believe he can.

While I didn't agree with your overall argument, you made some good points so #336.
    The future will hopefully work itself out on this one.
    You want a Hatton fight and it just may happen. (... or maybe not)
    Although, stylewise I think I see why Mayweather is talking bold to Hitman.
    I'm happy for you diehard Ricky fans if it works out,
    I love it when my ultimate favorite gets his chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If i was hatton i wouldnt be looking for the Floyd fight next, granted the kid is now on a role, why not have one more fight at 140 against paulie, claim another paper tittle and then move up to 147. The Floyd fight would be at 147 so he sould have a tune up fight against a credible oppenent and then take on Cotto, which i believe Hatton can win with decent preperation this time at the weight. Granted it would be close!

A fight then with PBF would be massive after them three more wins and Hatton would be more acoustomed to the fighting weight. The winner would then be The undisputed P4P king.

Thoughts?
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gudnite vienna
    If i was hatton i wouldnt be looking for the Floyd fight next, granted the kid is now on a role, why not have one more fight at 140 against paulie, claim another paper tittle and then move up to 147. The Floyd fight would be at 147 so he sould have a tune up fight against a credible oppenent and then take on Cotto, which i believe Hatton can win with decent preperation this time at the weight. Granted it would be close!

A fight then with PBF would be massive after them three more wins and Hatton would be more acoustomed to the fighting weight. The winner would then be The undisputed P4P king.

Thoughts?
    i agree with you. hatton could take out malignaggi, could possibly win what would be an awesome fight against Cotto and then really wouldnt even need Floyd to be considered the top dog or close to it...i dont know if he can take someone as big as Margarito but he sure could go about this a little smarter...to go after Mayweather right now is just asking to put a blemish on his perfect record. He isnt ready and might never be. The style is all wrong for him. Mayweather 10 rounds to 2 or by late stoppage on cuts.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddavestafford

Thoughts?
    i agree with you. hatton could take out malignaggi, could possibly win what would be an awesome fight against Cotto and then really wouldnt even need Floyd to be considered the top dog or close to it...i dont know if he can take someone as big as Margarito but he sure could go about this a little smarter...to go after Mayweather right now is just asking to put a blemish on his perfect record. He isnt ready and might never be. The style is all wrong for him. Mayweather 10 rounds to 2 or by late stoppage on cuts.
    No point fighting Paulie, as he'll get little credit for the win.

Why take the risky longer route to Floyd when he already has his attention? Ricky will just be wasting time. Take him now as Ricky's confidence will be high after his last performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeh i agree this is a good time to try on take floyd but a loss now could be a huge set back, i just dont knowwhere he would turn after this fight if he lost?

This is the defining fight and a loss could end his career imo
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The style is all wrong for him. Mayweather 10 rounds to 2 or by late stoppage on cuts.
    [/quote]
    Hatton can cause problems if he can trap Floyd on the ropes with Hatton mauling PBF on the ropes he wont care where he hits him.Floyd doesnt like to be traped on ropes and Hatton will stick to him like glue.Not many fighters have managed to trap him tho but when they do he finds it hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by littlebif
    The style is all wrong for him. Mayweather 10 rounds to 2 or by late stoppage on cuts.
    Hatton can cause problems if he can trap Floyd on the ropes with Hatton mauling PBF on the ropes he wont care where he hits him.Floyd doesnt like to be traped on ropes and Hatton will stick to him like glue.Not many fighters have managed to trap him tho but when they do he finds it hard.
    [/quote]

the ring will be 16feet and floyd will hit hatton as he comes in..and on the ropes floyd will tie up untill the ref comes in...if hatton doesn't get stopped the ref will DQ him for holding....
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeh i agree this is a good time to try on take floyd but a loss now could be a huge set back, i just dont knowwhere he would turn after this fight if he lost?

This is the defining fight and a loss could end his career imo
    Totally disagree. There is no shame in losing to Floyd. For Hatton, this is surely a nose lose situation. He'd fight Paulie at MSG if he lost. Win or lose, he's still 140lb king!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A loss for either fighter would be devastating...A rematch would immediatly be sought, this fight will tarnish the loser's legacy horribly

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Hatton has the offer from PBF NOW he has to take the fight NOW.
    If Ricky fights someone else, that gives Mayweather free reign to
    say he's ducked me twice, and I'm not sure there will be another
    chance.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    chance.
    #843 you filthy murdering sheep!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn
    Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    chance.
    #843 you filthy murdering sheep!
    lol back
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No question, Hatton is handpicked but as far as european boxing is concerned, big news on the making after the Taylor Calzaghe proposed fight. Hatton is a great fighter, spirited, lots of heart and courage, he's definitely in the Cotto, Mosley, Tony, Floyd's level and much above Witter, neither is he a bum nor a living legend but I do understand the great expectation England and Manchester is feeling at the moment... Furthermore, I do have Wayne's contact in another group and I believe he was tryin to advice him and not dismiss him... I think Big L, Roger and Floyd got away smartly from the experienced Mosley who could have unlocked the shell with blurring super-fast combos and also he avoided Tony who is a sickening body snatcher and would have given him trouble, both Cotto's and Ricky's styles are perfect, hand-made for Floyd, and Ricky fades fast into his opponents arms, doesn't know how to keep that intensity going inside like the Pocket Rocket used to and where he would have greater advantage but he loses momentum somehow and has to tie his opponent up and make the fights ugly, Floyd should hold him off with that left elbow and right uppercut the 5'6'' tall short-armed aggressor to death just like he did to Jesus Chavez...

Thread Information