Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Dana White is Ruining the Sport... Not EliteXC

Dana bitches and moans about these smaller org "setting the sport back" by taking "thugs" like Kimbo and making them the main event on prime time network TV.

But WTF is Dana doing? He's broadcasting the biggest douchebags the sport has to offer, tattooed like crackheads and white trash, destroying houses and acting like drunken hooligan looters at a riot.

Way to go, Dana. You and TUF are doing wonders for the sport's rep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dana White is Ruining the Sport... Not EliteXC

oh yeah, and all your F bombs on TV, you're some spokesman.

Asshole.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I opened a thread saying pretty much the same thing a couple of months ago.

The UFC could potentially be a super-organisation with longevity if so much emphasis weren't put on the "bad-ass" element.

That works for right now, whilst the Hip Hop and Rock industries are big draws, but in a few years the fans will want martial arts, substance not flash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i must have missed it.

he is promoting white trash thugs and scumbags with zero talant. only 1 or 2 guys of the entire lot have any skills to speak of. the rest are scrubs that have no business being classified as a professional athlete.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is no defense of Dana... I too agree he lacks the class and professionalism the sport needs and simply should be out of the lime light. Anyway I've never looked at TUF as anything other than amateur fighters attempting to earn a spot with the big boys. If you are looking for top notch fighters your will be sadly dissapointed. Really other than the first season and the one with all of the veterans the talent has been pretty lean. One would think that they could better stock the show, but maybe not. anway as far as the antics on the show go...It is a reality show that has fighting...I think the absurdity comes with the territory.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he has a good paying job, he wishes to keep it look at the situation between him and couture or even Tito...he is about the money now not the sport imho .so many other people are trying to do the same thing, i liked pride better, also elite xc is a better show than the ufc at the moment and is on showtime not a $50 pay per view that may suck real bad...Kimbo? jury is still out on him, but everyone needs a heel and that may be what role he will play. remember the draw that was tank abbott?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Van,

you'll get guys trashing hotel rooms everywhere, but it gets swept under rugs.... just like chelios and roenick at nagano. But to show guys acting like apes on national tv like there's nothing wrong with it?? What a stupid move. Honestly, he makes mma'ers look like jerk offs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Milash View Post
    i must have missed it.

he is promoting white trash thugs and scumbags with zero talant. only 1 or 2 guys of the entire lot have any skills to speak of. the rest are scrubs that have no business being classified as a professional athlete.
    If you search Dana White and my username you'll most likely find it and then you'll see that I'm thinking exactly the same as you are.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Von I think you and I are not the target audience. While I'd agree the a$$ clownery could be left out and doesn't do the sport much good not to mention give MMA haters like Lyle ammo, but I guess that the 18-20 something range likes the juvenile themes. I watch for the fighting and to see the training. I hated the over production of the Contender but they did minimize the thuggish characteristics

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds View Post
    Von I think you and I are not the target audience. While I'd agree the a$$ clownery could be left out and doesn't do the sport much good not to mention give MMA haters like Lyle ammo, but I guess that the 18-20 something range likes the juvenile themes. I watch for the fighting and to see the training. I hated the over production of the Contender but they did minimize the thuggish characteristics
    I'm 20 years of age and don't buy into the pantomine.

I don't think it's age group, I think that Dana is trying to tap the rock market.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry Donny didn't mean to pigeonhole all 18-20 yrd olds. I assume that if your are this site much less this forum that you have a more in depth appreciation for the technical skills and athleticism of MMA fighters or any combat sport paticipant for that matter. I meant the casual teenage to early twenties male who has had no training and doesn't follow the sport regularly or for that long. I stand by my statement though that its a reality show with fighting not a fighting show based in reality. If I was making the show I'd do w/o all of the "house" drama and focus on the training and fighting but I guess thats why I shoot people for a living and not make television programs

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds View Post
    Sorry Donny didn't mean to pigeonhole all 18-20 yrd olds. I assume that if your are this site much less this forum that you have a more in depth appreciation for the technical skills and athleticism of MMA fighters or any combat sport paticipant for that matter. I meant the casual teenage to early twenties male who has had no training and doesn't follow the sport regularly or for that long. I stand by my statement though that its a reality show with fighting not a fighting show based in reality. If I was making the show I'd do w/o all of the "house" drama and focus on the training and fighting but I guess thats why I shoot people for a living and not make television programs
    I advocate your statement also man, I completely understand.

I would say that almost 60% of the UFC's fanbase is composed of what I deem "commercial fans."
    These are the people who buy into the image of the sport, without ever fully understanding the intricacy of the fighters training, techniques and mindsets. Furthermore these "fans" do not wish to understand, they would be happy to crown the baddest, strongest, most formidable guy as their champion.
    If that was the situation in reality Gonzaga would have KO'd Randy in 1!

So I'm not entirely disagreeing with your statement, but I am writing a disclaimer for myself

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I find the Ultimate Fighter bizarre at times. The UFC itself has done a good job of presenting itself as a highly professional organisation imo, with some extremely talented and well rounded fighters.

The Ultimate Fighter show however is often more like an episode of Jackass than a serious fighting competition.

Last year one of the fighters took the lid off the top of the toilet and shit in it. They seem to outdo each other every year to see who can trash the house the most.

If I was Dana, EVERYONE who took part in trashing the house in the episode last week would have been booted off the show and threatened with police action.

That kind of behaviour is as detrimental to the serious growth of the sport as drug cheating imo.

And Dana trying to outdo the fighters with F-Bombs is just cringe worthy tv.

He needs to tone himself down.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dana obviously loves all the fights, thrashing and all that it's the reason he stocks the house with alcohol. I admit I do like the show though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MMA is one of the most ppv events in history. If a Tito Ortiz fight brings in 45.5 million dollars then why are the fighters only getting 1.5 million? This man is a pimp. He reaps the benifits of these guys. Boxers can make more in one small fight 25,000 -100,000 then some smaller name mma fighters will make in a career. He is paying his under cards 1600-6000 dollars. He is a piece of shit. If a fight brings in 40 million then the purse should be a 17-25 million dollar purse.

Thread Information