Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Lisa Giampa as bad as C.J. Ross?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Lisa Giampa as bad as C.J. Ross?

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Chuck Giampa, Lisa's husband, works for The Ring magazine, which is owned by Golden Boy, Russell's promoter.

There it is.!!!!!!!!!!!

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just saw this:

Steve Kim @Stevemaxboxing
    Someone in #boxing points out: Lisa Giampa, wife of Chuck Giampa, who works for Ring Magazine (owned by GBP) which had interest in Russell..

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe broads just don't know how to score fucking fights. Julie Lederman is good but she has it in here genes.

Remember Eugenia Williams scored the Holyfield/Lewis fight in Evander's favour way back in the day too.

That was the excuse Eugenia Williams used when Lennox for Holyfield the first time that she saw the back of the fighter and not the punches.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

About 5 % of Judges are women and yet women are responsible for 90% of blown calls on a per person % basis. Harold's daughter is a better judge then he is but he's a paid lackey. I mean how is it Byrd still works after Holyfield/Lewis? Because its probably politically incorrect to fire her or any other women. It may sound sexist but imo women are simply not good boxing judges. Face in this world of "equality" at any cost we have to come to grips with the fact that there are things one sex is simply better at.

Giampa and any other hack judge regardless of sex ought to be taken to task immediately after the fight and I'm not sure why this does not happen routinely. These people operate cart blanche and answer to no one which is ridiculous considering what this sport is all about.
    Last edited by IamInuit; 06-28-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well cj ross scored floyd/canelo a draw which was definitely worse so he still beats lisa giampa as worse score. at least russell won some rounds. canelo maybe won one.

i do agree though that it seems like the women judges are always messing things up. yes, men judges do to but for how few women judges there are, i hear about them creating bad decisions all the time.

Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    I gave Russell, 3 rounds, a case can be made for 4.

Boxing needs to change. They need to use technology so judges can make more informed calls. You have to remember judges get to see it from one angle once. Its not so easy. If a boxer has hs back to you at the other side of the ring and you cant see the punches land you cant score them.
    I agree Russell was not as poor as many are saying but the majority of rounds were clearly dominated by Lomachenko. I think given people's different interpretations of scoring you could quite easily give the young American 4 rounds but anything more than that and you are either delusional or working for an agenda other than the fair and transparent scoring of a public boxing match. You are right also to point out how antiquated and compromised being sat ringside in one position is but remember that VT editors and TV producers will use selective angles also, so a monitor and a ring side view would seem to be a sensible starting point. That and a truly neutral, unconnected set of judges.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i hate the excuse that the judging might be bad because of their location. they may not see the punches from the angles that we see them. the problem with that theory is its so easily fixable if it were true. make ross and giampa watch their fights again and let them admit that by watching it again that their scoring was thrown off by their angle of the ring and that they now understand the error of their scoring. then the commissions or whoever deals with that stuff can ask the other judges their opinion of their seating arrangements and how it affects how the fight is scored.

it wouldnt take very long and if is really seen as a problem then fix it. if not, then fire the bad judges.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    i hate the excuse that the judging might be bad because of their location. they may not see the punches from the angles that we see them. the problem with that theory is its so easily fixable if it were true. make ross and giampa watch their fights again and let them admit that by watching it again that their scoring was thrown off by their angle of the ring and that they now understand the error of their scoring. then the commissions or whoever deals with that stuff can ask the other judges their opinion of their seating arrangements and how it affects how the fight is scored.

it wouldnt take very long and if is really seen as a problem then fix it. if not, then fire the bad judges.
    From being front row at a few fights I can say the angel does play a part. I have scored fights differently at fights and then after watching replay on tele, both amateur and pro fights. Another huge factor is crowd reaction etc. For me judges shouldnt be at ringside, they should be in separate rooms with a TV monitor.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    She had it 114-114 in the Loma-Russell fight. WTF!!!!!!!!

C.J. Ross is a retired boxing judge who drew criticism for a series of questionable fighting decisions in high profile matchups, including Mayweather vs Canelo and Pacquiao vs Bradley.

C.J. Ross is the Mt. Everest of boxing incompetence. But she's not entirely to be blamed for the Mayweather-Canelo scoring. Rumor has it she had been fondling herself to Canelo posters leading up to the fight, compounding that by consuming several pints of hard liquour before the fight, and finally... accidentally blinding herself in the ladies' room while applying her mascara and getting bumped from behind.

Besides... I'm sure she was paid handsomely before the fight by Canelo's cartel/ hype machine to make sure she did her damned best to give the fight to Canelo.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I made a mistake it was Eugene Williams not Byrd in Lewis/Holy and her excuse was that she was blocked for much of the fight and apparently blind completely in round 5.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    I made a mistake it was Eugene Williams not Byrd in Lewis/Holy and her excuse was that she was blocked for much of the fight and apparently blind completely in round 5.

Yes, being blind seems a plausible excuse!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    She had it 114-114 in the Loma-Russell fight. WTF!!!!!!!!

C.J. Ross is a retired boxing judge who drew criticism for a series of questionable fighting decisions in high profile matchups, including Mayweather vs Canelo and Pacquiao vs Bradley.

C.J. Ross is the Mt. Everest of boxing incompetence. But she's not entirely to be blamed for the Mayweather-Canelo scoring. Rumor has it she had been fondling herself to Canelo posters leading up to the fight, compounding that by consuming several pints of hard liquour before the fight, and finally... accidentally blinding herself in the ladies' room while applying her mascara and getting bumped from behind.

Besides... I'm sure she was paid handsomely before the fight by Canelo's cartel/ hype machine to make sure she did her damned best to give the fight to Canelo.

Hmm. Rumor has it she is now living in a Mexican villa with Yori Boy Campas. Go figure.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can you imagine what difference what be made if every shitty judge without tits received as much scrutiny and calling out

New rule, every crap judge without tits well, is a tit. Remember them and make threads about them

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Can you imagine what difference what be made if every shitty judge without tits received as much scrutiny and calling out

New rule, every crap judge without tits well, is a tit. Remember them and make threads about them
    Now, now my friend. The brush you are using here seems as large or larger in its stroke then the one actually being used in the complaint. Not every criticism of a women is sexist. Scientifically speaking there are both physical and cerebral differences between men and women. Our brains are wired differently.

Equality is a nice concept and also physically and mentally impossible. Its my contention that women are terrible boxing judges and also that there is nothing they can do about it. Of course there are exceptions. There are simply things that one does better then the other and judging a boxing match is one of them. I also think about 10 different disciplines in Science would have my back on that. Nothing to do with vaginas and dicks.

Its most likely a brain function because women use both sides of the brain for many of the same functions men reserve a spot for. A product of evolution I suppose. I routinely call out hack judges and they are most definitely men as a rule but that's just based on the basic math.

Men dwarf women in the scum bag judge category and men are much more likely to be bought for their incompetence whereas women are simply not capable of the fixation needed. I think thats exactly what happened to Williams based on her own testimony. Its like she was guessing and it came ought a draw. I don't think a blank card has every been handed in. Can you imagine? Handing in 12 blank round cards to the official score keeper lol. Some of these Vegas good ole boys and production affiliated judges are probably handed job expectation memos once every 6 months.

I had to clarify because things can be taken and placed out of context. And ftr, overall I believe women are superior to men largely because they are more in touch with their emotions and I believe their brains have evolved more. Its not hard to predict a time when we are nothing but sperm producers. And I bet they still wont be able to judge a boxing match

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fact remains and is non-controvertible that Ross, Williams, and now Giampa have been inducted into the Blind Judges Hall of Shame (located in Texas) along with Gale Van Hoy, Duane Ford, Roger Tilleman, Pierluigi Poppi, Mikael Hook, Guillermo Perez, Calvin Claxon, Lawrence Layton, Ron McNair, Frank Lombardi an d many others.

Thread Information