Default Re: Canelo vs Fielding Dec-15

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Some people are saying things that don’t make sense. Canelo absolutely isn’t going to DAZN as it is subscription, they don’t have the PPV platform. And PBC doesn’t have enough money? 1)that doesn’t matter because he will go to the largest PPV platform which PBC is already in bed with and 2)PBC has the largest actual boxing budget by far. For example 5 times that of DAZN for 2019

We all have our biases, but let’s take an objective look. GGG was considered a take all comers guy. At the same age GGG fought

Milton Nunez
    Nilsson Julio Tapia
    Kissim Ouma
    Lajuan Simon
    Makoto Fuchigami
    Grzegorz Proska
    Gabriel Rosado
    Nobuhiro Ishida

From 28-32. There are obviously reasons behind that but let’s just keep it to who they fought/will fight. Does anyone really want to tie their name to saying Canelo will fight a list of opponents that weak?

People have good reason to hate Canelo but I can say with absolute confidence in the next 4 years Canelo will fight better opponents than that.
    Good old Ronnie baby, making the “stats” work in favour of his argument as usual. Now Canelo’s opponents will be better in the “28-32” bracket. But GGG had only been a pro for 4 years at 28.
    Now Canelo’s opponents after 4 years as a pro reads:
    Antonio_Fitch
    Euri Gonzales
    Michel Rosales
    Jefferson Gonçalo
    Murat Khuzeev
    Carlos Herrera
    Lanardo Tyner

Doesn’t quite tell the same story does it ?
    So you’re comparing a child with a 28 year old man and you think you are the one being fair? 😂

Okay, let’s put this a different way even though it is clearly slanted in your favor with GGG being at the end and Canelo just entering his prime. Who has fought better opposition in total?
    “ So you’re comparing a child with a 28 year old man and you think you are the one being fair? 😂“

uh, no, I wasn’t comparing anyone with anyone. I was merely showing how you can make stats work in your favour .

“ Okay, let’s put this a different way even though it is clearly slanted in your favor with GGG being at the end and Canelo just entering his prime. Who has fought better opposition in total?”

Canelo...... but it has to be said that nearly every single fight (bar Floyd) was on his terms. Shane when he was old, Matthew Hatton for a title and sooooooo many fighters that had to boil down to his desired catchweight , and fighting guys that are small at the weight and so on and so forth.

Look , Canelo shouldn’t have even be fighting cos he’s a drug cheat. GGG is a cock because he went from “wanting all the belts” to begging somebody for a fight who didn’t have a belt. He deserved what he got.
    I couldn’t give a flying fuck for either of them anymore if I’m honest.
    Canelo should be banned and GGG should retire.
    So you agree Canelo will fight better fighters which was the point
    And you agree that after 4 years as a pro , GGG was fighting better fighters than Canelo?
    Yes, I agree that a 28 year old man who had 400 amateur fights and 4 years pro was fighting near world level. And a 20 year old with few top level amateur fights if any and 4 years pro was not fighting near world level.

But at equal points in age, because time pro is absolutely irrelevant to what you do in your career in total age is far far far far far far more relevant, we both know Canelo will fight better fighters.

Yet again you people being so crazy biased has forced me to defend a fighter I don’t like. Hopefully at some point people can just be honest. Canelo is awful but the dude makes fights, fact proven repeatedly
    So that’s a yes then? Why so many caveats?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo just drew + won against the so-called baddest man on the planet, back to back.

He deserves a "buffer" FFS

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's a good fight for Canelo. I don't know why nobody is mentioning it, but it is obvious what his master plan is. He wants to to surely fight Gilberto Ramirez on Cinco De Mayo next year? Isn't that obvious. He's 38-0, is the WBO champion. This is a decent fight to adjust to the weight. Looking at the other champions at 168, Benavidez is banned/in rehab, Smith won't fight again until next year, Uzcategui is done for the rest of the year and that only leaves Ramirez. So why would you fight a 38-0 Mexican world champion at the end of 2018 when you can fight him on Cinco De Mayo? Seems obvious. Could then potentially see a potential September fight with Callum Smith....maybe at Anfield...... on DAZN
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would fancy Callum Smith to beat Canelo after his dismantling of George Groves.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I would fancy Callum Smith to beat Canelo after his dismantling of George Groves.
    Callum Smith would easily beat Canelo. How can you beat someone who has more height, reach , power and is probably a better boxer? Infact I don’t see him attempting to unify with any of the champions for the reasons already given.
    He’ll be a champion at 2 weights and will just choose which makes the most money . A fight at MW, a fight at SMW , or a catchweight between the 2.
    My guess would be the winner of DeGale/Eubank probably at 164lb. Again it guarantees victory. If it’s Eubank , he’ll make 164 no problem, but he’s not that level. If it’s DeGale, he’ll make him boil to 164 just to make sure he can’t win.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Callum Smith would easily beat Canelo. How can you beat someone who has more height, reach , power and is probably a better boxer? Infact I don’t see him attempting to unify with any of the champions for the reasons already given.
    He’ll be a champion at 2 weights and will just choose which makes the most money . A fight at MW, a fight at SMW , or a catchweight between the 2.
    My guess would be the winner of DeGale/Eubank probably at 164lb. Again it guarantees victory. If it’s Eubank , he’ll make 164 no problem, but he’s not that level. If it’s DeGale, he’ll make him boil to 164 just to make sure he can’t win.

Safely navigating the 160-something waters should be noted as an underrated skill in itself. You steer clear of the great whites and tigers, and go for a few nurse and angel sharks.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What disdain

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Canelo just drew + won against the so-called baddest man on the planet, back to back.

He deserves a "buffer" FFS
    As long as you afford GGG the same generosity.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    What disdain

Colorful disdain though.... you must admit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would've preferred clenelo to fight smith instead of the guy he ko'd in 1 round but after back to back fights with Golovkin he deserves an easy fight.

rocky bounced back impressively with that win in Germany and appears to have put the demons behind him from the smith loss. If he lets the occasion get to him again in New York it could end embarrassingly early but if he goes to win and settles into his boxing he has the size and physical advantages to make it a proper fight

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/10...urning-to-160/

Decisions, decisions......

So many choices..... so perilous the path.

I can understand Canelo's and GBP's quandary. The Fielding fight is a no-brainer. A sure win against a weak champion to pick up another meaningless weight division title and inflate that legacy-forming number.

But after that? The article explains it very well. Stay at 168 and be seen as running from the elite at 160..... or go back down and blatantly duck the Charlos of the division.

Of course Canelo's going to be undecided. GBP hasn't invested all that money, time, and effort on building up this media darling only to have it all go down in flames from a bad decision.

If it was me.... I'd stall going back down until the 160 dudes kill each other off..... then come prancing back into the division announcing he's ready to take on anybody.

Problem is... staying too long at 168 is liable to bring up guys like Callum Smith and even compatriot Gilberto Ramirez. Probably not a safe place to stall for too long.

Hmmm.... looks like that strategy machinery is going to have to working overtime.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You may be right,I’d give Canelo a good chance though. He is definitely not outmatched as far as boxing skills. Canelo gets right fucked off by the average fan in this department. He’s actually a very good boxer, always has been. He has quite slow feet, which makes what he is good at look less impressive, at least the way I see it. He would have fucked groves up just as easily as smith did, imo.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo didn’t do enough to take those belts..he made quality shots in first fight but never did enough to take those belts.

Same with Andre Ward in the first fight with Kovalev.

No matter how much I prefer a fighter over another fighter I have to be honest.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    You may be right,I’d give Canelo a good chance though. He is definitely not outmatched as far as boxing skills. Canelo gets right fucked off by the average fan in this department. He’s actually a very good boxer, always has been. He has quite slow feet, which makes what he is good at look less impressive, at least the way I see it. [B][B]He would have fucked groves up just as easily as smith did, imo.
    we shall see. It'll be interesting to see how he copes with Fielding , as Fielding has all the height and reach advantages that Smith and Groves would have, but is classes below them. Fielding is a British level fighter who got lucky to win a version of a title. Smith blasted Fielding out inside 2 minutes, and I'm not saying Canelo has to do that , but he has to show he can get around Fielding's reach advantage comfortably and be able to make some dents in him.
    like you said, he has slow feet, so I'm not sure how he does this.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    You may be right,I’d give Canelo a good chance though. He is definitely not outmatched as far as boxing skills. Canelo gets right fucked off by the average fan in this department. He’s actually a very good boxer, always has been. He has quite slow feet, which makes what he is good at look less impressive, at least the way I see it. He would have fucked groves up just as easily as smith did, imo.
    Groves would have had an easier time against Canelo, as you said far too slow footwork to cause him problems.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information