Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ricky Hatton serious about fighting Manny.......(pathetic)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ricky Hatton serious about fighting Manny.......(pathetic)

"The Hatton people were in New York visiting with HBO and the fighter they mentioned prominently as someone they wanted to fight at the end of the year, was Manny Pacquiao." (Arum talking)_

If Pacquiao gets by Marquez on March 15, he would move up in weight to 135-pounds to challenge David Diaz for the WBC lightweight title. The Diaz fight would probably happen in June/July. If he beats Diaz, the next step would be Hatton.

What a fwooking joke.IF Hatton takes this fight,it's pathetic. Fighting a former FLYWEIGHT.Whos' first and probably ONLY fight at 140 will be Hatton. Ricky has made enough money to be comfortable (surely?) and has far more worthy challengers like Witter and Paulie.

As for Manny,talk about SKIMMING divisions.This is THE perfect example of when someone talks about jumping weights and winning titles,and saying you're a mutiple weight champ,does not always look as good as it sounds. David Diaz?In a division where there are guys like Kats,Cas,Juan Diaz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ricky Hatton serious about fighting Manny.......(pathetic)

This would in fact be a disgrace should it ever happen, however I am hopeful that it probably won't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashcrusher
    This would in fact be a disgrace should it ever happen, however I am hopeful that it probably won't.
    Im hoping Manny loses to JMM because I don't see David Diaz beating him.Diavid Diaz is and has been an average fighter with lots of determination.Nothing more and nothing less.Ricky will probably take a tune up,in Britain beforehand.I can't believe this fight is going to happen if they win?!Manny has so many other fights he can take which are more winnable/have more significance/more exciting:Juan Diaz,Valero,Guzman etc etc.

COME ON JMM!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I'm wondering if Floyd did ruin Hatton permanently or not. What a travesty. Credit to Manny if he should try and fight Hatton, but shame on Ricky if he does this when there are other guys to fight, like Witter or Paulie. And I am starting to hope Diaz gets to Hatton 1st, as I don't think Ricky can beat him. I don't think Manny will get past JMM though. Hatton will be calling out Arce sooner or later
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    "The Hatton people were in New York visiting with HBO and the fighter they mentioned prominently as someone they wanted to fight at the end of the year, was Manny Pacquiao." (Arum talking)_

If Pacquiao gets by Marquez on March 15, he would move up in weight to 135-pounds to challenge David Diaz for the WBC lightweight title. The Diaz fight would probably happen in June/July. If he beats Diaz, the next step would be Hatton.

What a fwooking joke.IF Hatton takes this fight,it's pathetic. Fighting a former FLYWEIGHT.Whos' first and probably ONLY fight at 140 will be Hatton. Ricky has made enough money to be comfortable (surely?) and has far more worthy challengers like Witter and Paulie.

As for Manny,talk about SKIMMING divisions.This is THE perfect example of when someone talks about jumping weights and winning titles,and saying you're a mutiple weight champ,does not always look as good as it sounds. David Diaz?In a division where there are guys like Kats,Cas,Juan Diaz.
    Yea man I agree with you all the way on this one. Im not going to lie and say a Hatton Pac matchup wouldn't excite me, but it's more because of the fact it would be a big event. And you know, it's not Pac wanting to move up in weight that bothers me either.. I mean David Diaz is mediocre, so beating him at lightweight should garner Manny no credit... But jumping up to 140 and actually beating Hatton would be a hell of an achievement, noone could say he got that done the easy way.. However, the main thing here is that both of these guys have more than worthy challengers their own size, and their own weight class to clean up. Pac is fighting Marquez again, so he's on a better track than Hatton for sure, but I still want to see him fight Guzman before he leaves 130.. Or if they both move to 135 it could happen there. I do have my doubts that it will ever happen though, Guzman just isn't popular enough. I don't expect Pac to ever fight Valero either, but I can accept that.. The guy isn't even allowed to fight in the US, and only the most hardcore fans have seen him fight.. It's hardly as though Pac will face scrutiny for not fighting Valero in Japan, or wherever.. If Pac want's to move up in weight for a superfight, he needs to look no further than Juan Diaz. Or I guess Nate Campbell since he's a very dangerous guy and could beat Diaz. As I'm typing this, I get the sense that Pac would have his ass handed to him on a platter by either of those guys at 135. I really think Campbell would hurt him badly. But that just illustrates how ridiculous it is to fight at 140, Manny has bulked up to get where he is now, and he doesn't have the kind of skills that can overcome a big disparity in size and strength, the way Mayweather does. He would give up all his strength's at 140 imo. It would be extremely pathetic for Hatton to avoid negotiations with other fighters in hopes that little Manny will move up and fight him. That's what stands out the most to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I heard a rumour Hatton is planning on fighting Steve Forbes in Britain.

He's under Golden Boy now Hatton and his camp are speaking to HBO so that they televise Ricky's next fight in Britain whoever it is against.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking

Yea man I agree with you all the way on this one. Im not going to lie and say a Hatton Pac matchup wouldn't excite me, but it's more because of the fact it would be a big event. And you know, it's not Pac wanting to move up in weight that bothers me either.. I mean David Diaz is mediocre, so beating him at lightweight should garner Manny no credit... But jumping up to 140 and actually beating Hatton would be a hell of an achievement, noone could say he got that done the easy way.. However, the main thing here is that both of these guys have more than worthy challengers their own size, and their own weight class to clean up. Pac is fighting Marquez again, so he's on a better track than Hatton for sure, but I still want to see him fight Guzman before he leaves 130.. Or if they both move to 135 it could happen there. I do have my doubts that it will ever happen though, Guzman just isn't popular enough. I don't expect Pac to ever fight Valero either, but I can accept that.. The guy isn't even allowed to fight in the US, and only the most hardcore fans have seen him fight.. It's hardly as though Pac will face scrutiny for not fighting Valero in Japan, or wherever.. If Pac want's to move up in weight for a superfight, he needs to look no further than Juan Diaz. Or I guess Nate Campbell since he's a very dangerous guy and could beat Diaz. As I'm typing this, I get the sense that Pac would have his ass handed to him on a platter by either of those guys at 135. I really think Campbell would hurt him badly. But that just illustrates how ridiculous it is to fight at 140, Manny has bulked up to get where he is now, and he doesn't have the kind of skills that can overcome a big disparity in size and strength, the way Mayweather does. He would give up all his strength's at 140 imo. It would be extremely pathetic for Hatton to avoid negotiations with other fighters in hopes that little Manny will move up and fight him. That's what stands out the most to me.
    Fricking awesome post,Coooool Click on me bro'. The best point is exactly what I'm saying:they both have FAR more worthy challengers in and around their weight classes.Campbell is another guy,exactly and I totally agree,a win over Diaz is not that great a win at all. Great posting my man.

And yeah,it would be a great "event" but we already have 1 event whore,Oscar. I don't need anymore.I want to see the best fights made.

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee
    I heard a rumour Hatton is planning on fighting Steve Forbes in Britain.

He's under Golden Boy now Hatton and his camp are speaking to HBO so that they televise Ricky's next fight in Britain whoever it is against.
    That would probably be the tune up fight I was alluding to earlier, at the beginning of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    Yeah I'm wondering if Floyd did ruin Hatton permanently or not. What a travesty. Credit to Manny if he should try and fight Hatton, but shame on Ricky if he does this when there are other guys to fight, like Witter or Paulie. And I am starting to hope Diaz gets to Hatton 1st, as I don't think Ricky can beat him. I don't think Manny will get past JMM though. Hatton will be calling out Arce sooner or later

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im hoping Manny loses to JMM because I don't see David Diaz beating him.Diavid Diaz is and has been an average fighter with lots of determination.Nothing more and nothing less.Ricky will probably take a tune up,in Britain beforehand.I can't believe this fight is going to happen if they win?!Manny has so many other fights he can take which are more winnable/have more significance/more exciting:Juan Diaz,Valero,Guzman etc etc.

COME ON JMM!!!
    i'm willing to take any kind of bet with you and legion. (like taking candy from a baby lol.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KKisser

COME ON JMM!!!
    i'm willing to take any kind of bet with you and legion. (like taking candy from a baby lol.)
    Heart:Wants JMM to win badly. Head:Manny. Head usually wins,so I'm predicting Manny on points but I want JMM to win bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Meanwhile Mayweather waits patiently, for his next superfight opponent, Pacman, for June 2009.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL...Someone has no sense of humor I guess and had to SC me. Don't forget to give me one tomorrow too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess I'm in the minority who wouldn't mind seeing this. Seriously, what big fights are there for Hatton at 140 except guys moving up in weight? I know some want to see him fight Witter or Malignaggi, but let's face it, boxing is like anything else...it's about the $$$ and those two guys don't bring it. I actually think it could be an entertaining bout. Manny probably won't bring his power up to 140, but with his quickness and hand speed I could see him giving Hatton some problems and a good fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously, guys, I know as fans we know about fighters like Witter and Malignaggi and want to see those match-ups, but fighters have a limited shelf life and need to make as much money as they can. A fight with Pacman dwarfs any purse Hatton could make with anyone at 140. It's hardly "pathetic" to take on the most economically viable opponent, especially when the dollars and cents are dramatically different from what he could get fighting guys already at 140. Honestly, Hatton will have to fight guys coming up in weight to get big fights (possible exception is Victor Ortiz, but he'll have to get a few more wins under his belt before he is economically viable). I suspect he'll eventually fight Juan Diaz, and I think that'd be a hell of a fight. Maybe Katsidis too if Kats can keep his momentum going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LeftHookToTheBody
    Seriously, guys, I know as fans we know about fighters like Witter and Malignaggi and want to see those match-ups, but fighters have a limited shelf life and need to make as much money as they can. A fight with Pacman dwarfs any purse Hatton could make with anyone at 140. It's hardly "pathetic" to take on the most economically viable opponent, especially when the dollars and cents are dramatically different from what he could get fighting guys already at 140. Honestly, Hatton will have to fight guys coming up in weight to get big fights (possible exception is Victor Ortiz, but he'll have to get a few more wins under his belt before he is economically viable). I suspect he'll eventually fight Juan Diaz, and I think that'd be a hell of a fight. Maybe Katsidis too if Kats can keep his momentum going.
    Manny and Hatton have already made tons of money. What about the guys waiting in the wings, solid fighters trying to score a big name opponent to give themselves a good purse and make their name bigger? Hatton and Pacman were not big names at one time also, but someone gave them a shot. This is what is wrong with boxing. Everyone seems to be out for taking the easy ride, instead of proving their worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton needs to stop looking for an easy fight and get in there with Witter and Paulie and unifie Jr welterweight and Pacman needs to wake the fuck up at 140 he will get fucking destroyed by Hatton his body would get ripped to fuck and he'd want outta there after a couple of rounds. If he beats JMM he needs to fight Guzman and Juan Diaz rather than chasing the $$$. Fact is he looked aweful against Barrera who wasnt exactly at his peak and imo lost to JMM first time round so moving up to fight one of the very best LWW is just crazy talk.

Thread Information