Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bute, best fighter on his category!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bute, best fighter on his category!!!

Lucian Bute, crushed Andrade and he proved that is the best boxer on his category. Bring a real fighter for this fantastic Romanian boy!!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bute, best fighter on his category!!!

Royal switched fighters perhaps?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lucian Bute is a really easy guy to like and he's a pretty entertaining fighter, it's really a shame that he isn't in the Super 6 because he would do really well. I'm still not sure he's the best boxer in the category but he's pretty fckin good, he was super-impressive tonight. How can anyone say there is talent lacking in this division?

Andre Ward
    Arthur Abraham
    Mikkel Kessler
    Andre Dirrell
    Lucian Bute

I'd say Ward is the top guy in the division and I'd also say that Bute has a VERY strong claim to the number 2 spot. He was hit more then you would like tonight and sometimes cleanly, but he moved very well and he is probably the division's most accurate puncher. Good performance by Bute I'm surprised more aren't talking about it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Lucian Bute is a really easy guy to like and he's a pretty entertaining fighter, it's really a shame that he isn't in the Super 6 because he would do really well. I'm still not sure he's the best boxer in the category but he's pretty fckin good, he was super-impressive tonight. How can anyone say there is talent lacking in this division?

Andre Ward
    Arthur Abraham
    Mikkel Kessler
    Andre Dirrell
    Lucian Bute

I'd say Ward is the top guy in the division and I'd also say that Bute has a VERY strong claim to the number 2 spot. He was hit more then you would like tonight and sometimes cleanly, but he moved very well and he is probably the division's most accurate puncher. Good performance by Bute I'm surprised more aren't talking about it.
    Yep brilliant performance from Bute!!! I agree its a shame he's not part of the Super Six. He can clean out the rest of 168 while awaiting the winner to emerge though, fights against the Stieglitz/ Miranda winner, Green or Bika would be entertaining as would a step up to face Pascal
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rossoblu View Post
    Lucian Bute, crushed Andrade and he proved that is the best boxer on his category. Bring a real fighter for this fantastic Romanian boy!!!
    Well, beating Andrade doesn't prove that anyone is the best 168 pounder. Bute has an argument but the super middleweight division is probably the deepest in boxing so it would take more than 1 win, let alone over a fringe contender, to prove the best of the 168s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Bute gets knocked out by Andrade, then he rebounds, and knocks Andrade out;and that some how makes him the best in the division?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's not yet the best but has a tremendous potential to show he can be among the top 3-4. Now he has to beat at least 2 of the 6 men tournament and we'll have an excellent overview of his real potential. PErsonally, I think and hope he'll make it but he has a bit more to prove. He started yesterday with a good leap forward but there is more to bring to the table, he can do it, now he must go on forward. The next step is apparently a showdown with Kelly Pavlik, which would be brilliant for his shining in the US. Then, possibly Froch, Dirrell or Ward (I think), but one step at the time.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Uppercut View Post
    So Bute gets knocked out by Andrade, then he rebounds, and knocks Andrade out;and that some how makes him the best in the division?
    Oh please he whooped Librado Andrade last time, and won 10 rounds out of 12. He made a mistake by trading in the last round which almost cost him.

But it didn't he got up at the count of 8, the time in the round was over, so all Lucian Bute had to do was respond to the ref which he did. So i fail to see how he was KO'ed.

But honestly stop being a hater, and just give the man his due. Im a big fan of Lucian Bute and i have been for awhile. And i have been telling people he is the darkhorse of the division for ages, knocking out an iron chinned fighter like Librado Andrade in 4 rounds is super impressive.

And its impressive that he wanted to erase any question marks, by taking on the rematch so props to him for that.

I've also been impressed with how he destroyed, Fulgencio Zungia. This is the same fighter that floored Kelly Pavlik, and was never off his feet vs Kelly Pavlik, yet Lucian Bute destroyed him in 4 rounds.

Or how he beat Sakio Bika easier than anyone else has, including Joe Calzaghe. Or stopping Kabary Salem a fighter who floored Joe Calzaghe heavily, and went 12 rounds with him.

If you actually dig a bit deeper into his record, you'd realise its not a bad record at all. And he's been taking on good competition quite early on in his career.
    Last edited by ICB; 11-29-2009 at 12:37 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What Bute did last night was progress. It was the thing he needed to do to move to the next level. The one aspect of Bute's game he needed to work on was finishing and closing a fight out once he breaks a fighter down. I had no idea if he was totally capable of it against a fighter would can take a lot of punishment, and in his own right finish a fight strong. Who can close it out hard and fast.

This was the part of Bute's game he most needed to focus on, as his speed and punch accurancy is quite high. I have little doubt it was a part of his teams preparation for this fight and they should be very happy with the results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bute is impressive to say the least I have been singing this guys praises for a while now, last night he showed he can not only win against top rated opp but dominate them as well!!!!

Though I am not sure he is the best in the SMW division but with all the talent floating around 168 just to be one of the top 3 is saying something.

I still have to say AA is the best SMW right now, IMO he is the most talented but hey I could be wrong, I guess that what the Super Six is hoping to tell us right?

Who would have ever thought the SMW division would ever be the hottest in boxing

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AA vs. Bute would be an awsome fight. In fact Bute vs. anyone in the tourney would be awsome. He would be hard to contend with. His body shots remind me of those thrown by Micky Ward, except Ward's were thrown as hooks, while Bute's pop staight in. This is the secon time I have seen him wax someone with such a shot. Ouch!

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HBO is pushing hard for him to fight Pavlik in 2010. Since it seem Pavlik is not fighting Paul Willaims anytime soon (which sucks) I wouldn't be suprised to see it before the summer.

I don't think Jermain Taylor is dropping out of the Super 6 anyways. So Bute isn't getting in (which sucks) but I heard Allan Green is the first sub anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Oh please he whooped Librado Andrade last time, and won 10 rounds out of 12. He made a mistake by trading in the last round which almost cost him.

But it didn't he got up at the count of 8, the time in the round was over, so all Lucian Bute had to do was respond to the ref which he did. So i fail to see how he was KO'ed.

So with you and Marlin Wright, that makes two people that think Bute won the first fight.

The rule is that you have to be standing, un-aided, before the count reaches 10. WHile Bute was on his feat at 8, he was wobbling against the ropes. (Meldrick Taylor looked in better condition them him) Andrande was robbed of the knockout he deserved.

And I know that Bute has nothing to do with this corruption, but you cant go around calling him the best in the division for splitting a pair of fights with a low-top 10 fighter.

El Kabong Guest

....and he walked to the ring to U2

I had no opinion of Bute before the ring walk but hearing U2 I immediately wanted to see him destroyed and this will continue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    ....and he walked to the ring to U2

I had no opinion of Bute before the ring walk but hearing U2 I immediately wanted to see him destroyed and this will continue
    I agree Lyle it's much more cool to be a fan of " THE DARKNESS "

Thread Information