Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: will chazz witherspoon be the next hw champ ??

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default will chazz witherspoon be the next hw champ ??

not seen this guy but for the ones who have tell me if this guy has a shot at becoming hw champ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: will chazz witherspoon be the next hw champ ??

way too soon to judge.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Next champ? He has a while to go.

He's real big. Constantly moving forward. Throws over 100 punches a round and has some pop. I think in a year or so he'll be a player. One problem though. Before he wore out, Mike Alexander was making him look silly by sticking and moving. It takes a while for him to put anything together after the jab sometimes. And when he's on the inside, he has a tendency to get into a real wide stance and swing real wide. Almost smothers. But from what I saw on Youtube of his last fight (not the one this weekend) he was more cool and relaxed and got the guy out of there.

But he's definitely a guy to keep an eye on. Jabs top to bottom real well, throws a beautiful straight right hand and hooks absolutely beautifully off of the jab. Everything is off the jab. And now his power seems to be developing.

He'll be champ someday I think. And out of all the heavyweight contenders, he is the most fun to watch so him getting a shot won't be a problem.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by amat

He's real big. Constantly moving forward. Throws over 100 punches a round and has some pop. I think in a year or so he'll be a player. One problem though. Before he wore out, Mike Alexander was making him look silly by sticking and moving. It takes a while for him to put anything together after the jab sometimes. And when he's on the inside, he has a tendency to get into a real wide stance and swing real wide. Almost smothers. But from what I saw on Youtube, he was more cool and relaxed.

But he's definitely a guy to keep an eye on. Jabs top to bottom real well, throws a beautiful straight right hand and hooks absolutely beautifully off of the jab. Everything is off the jab. And now his power seems to be developing.

He'll be champ someday I think.
    cc amat thanks for telling me about him never seen him myself but heard he is next big thing in hw division

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat

He's real big. Constantly moving forward. Throws over 100 punches a round and has some pop. I think in a year or so he'll be a player. One problem though. Before he wore out, Mike Alexander was making him look silly by sticking and moving. It takes a while for him to put anything together after the jab sometimes. And when he's on the inside, he has a tendency to get into a real wide stance and swing real wide. Almost smothers. But from what I saw on Youtube of his last fight (not the one this weekend) he was more cool and relaxed and got the guy out of there.

He'll be champ someday I think. And out of all the heavyweight contenders, he is the most fun to watch so him getting a shot won't be a problem.
    Mike Alexander is a good prize fighter , He isa truly conditioned heavyweight with skills and weight about 209 lbs. . a rare thing this day and age ! . a side from this Alexander ,Witherspoon, Arreola , the rest of the lot look like shit !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chazz Witherspoon is a big galoot. I don't think much of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    why you no like ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    why you no like ?

It's not that I have a laundry list of faults in his fight game. I see mediocrity. Nothing for me to get excited about. I don't think much of him...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's a fat chris byrd. Full of feather-fisted excitement!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never seen him fight. What do you guys make of Eddie Chambers?

He looked pretty good against that NFL dude last week but he's podgy and only 210 lbs so really should be fighting at cruiser.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by lance Uppercut
    He's a fat chris byrd. Full of feather-fisted excitement!
    Byrd is a defensive minded fighter...Witherspoon is all offense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo

He looked pretty good against that NFL dude last week but he's podgy and only 210 lbs so really should be fighting at cruiser.
    He has good skill, but Rossy is a pretty raw fighter. He's more skilled than most heavies, but he's at a huge size disadvantage. Byrd still looked fit at that weight. He looks like a small heavy. Chambers looks like he could make 175 if he really wanted. My first reaction to seeing him was that he should change him name to "Fat" Eddie Chambers. He would be a monster at cruiser, and he'll do OK against mediocre HW's, but he's way to small to compete with the Peter, the Klits, or Brock. I think even Briggs or Maskaev would be too much for him. Perhaps we can match him with James Toney in battle of young fat v old fat.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SeanE
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo

He has good skill, but Rossy is a pretty raw fighter. He's more skilled than most heavies, but he's at a huge size disadvantage. Byrd still looked fit at that weight. He looks like a small heavy. Chambers looks like he could make 175 if he really wanted. My first reaction to seeing him was that he should change him name to "Fat" Eddie Chambers. He would be a monster at cruiser, and he'll do OK against mediocre HW's, but he's way to small to compete with the Peter, the Klits, or Brock. I think even Briggs or Maskaev would be too much for him. Perhaps we can match him with James Toney in battle of young fat v old fat.
    What was he 215? 40 pounds? I don't know. I think he should move to cruiser for a bit though. But he has some tremendous skill. He is very fast and got a couple 4 punch combos off. He didn't wear down at all in 7 rounds and he had tremendous poise. Also had good shot selection. I think cruiser would be the place for him to be though and I think he could be an immediate factor. Trim down some fat, bulk up on muscle and then try your hand at the heavies. But weight aside he was really good.

Another heavyweight to look for, not just yet but in the coming years, is Aaron Williams.

http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=297748

The guy has real skill.

Thread Information