Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MArgarito VS Mayorga(prime WW version)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default MArgarito VS Mayorga(prime WW version)

2 brawlers with INCREDIBLE chins. great Power and stamina.

Craziest night ever.

How can anyone pick a winner here?

Remember how Vernon Forrest at WW was and he hit MAyorga Flush in every round basically the same way Cotto hit Tony.
    Last edited by Puya; 07-28-2008 at 12:43 AM.
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: MArgarito VS Mayorga(prime WW version)

I've thought about how this fight would go down many times before. I always chose to believe that Mayorga would drop him and win either by KO or Decision.

After last night though, as much as it pains me to say it, I must favor Margarito to stop Mayorga. Ricardo is a bad ass motherfucker but a bully. His will was broken in the Tito Trinidad and Oscar fights. Though Tito does hit considerably harder than Margarito as does Oscar or least he did. Still. Margarito is relentless and his straight shots would get there before Mayorga's looping ones would.

Mayorga's power and stamina at welterweight in his hey dey was tremendous though. He didn't fade he got stronger as the fight went on.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    I've thought about how this fight would go down many times before. I always chose to believe that Mayorga would drop him and win either by KO or Decision.

After last night though, as much as it pains me to say it, I must favor Margarito to stop Mayorga. Ricardo is a bad ass motherfucker but a bully. His will was broken in the Tito Trinidad and Oscar fights. Though Tito does hit considerably harder than Margarito as does Oscar or least he did. Still. Margarito is relentless and his straight shots would get there before Mayorga's looping ones would.

Mayorga's power and stamina at welterweight in his hey dey was tremendous though. He didn't fade he got stronger as the fight went on.
    Gotta remember the Trinidad fights and Oscar fights were at 160 and 154 and they are two of some of the hardest punchers you'd fight.

I don't think anyone at 147 could hurt Margarito. And I don't think anyone at 147 can hurt Mayorga And Margarito isnt a knockout puncher he is a volume puncher with incredible stamina. And Margarito is a power puncher with incredible stamina. Both people don't have what you'd call awesome form but are both effective and throw shots from crazy angles.

I think this fight would be 3 minutes of toe to toe in the middle of the ring action from start to finish.

I would love to see this fight if Mayorga can some how some way get himself down to 147. Or even Margarito could move up to 154. This fight could happen and I'd love to see it.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tony would destroy Mayorga when Tony is on his game he is a machine.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito destroys Mayorga.

Mayorga has stamina problems and a dodgy chin.
    Yes he took some shots from Tito, but eventually he just couldn't take any more and collapsed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

Remember I'm talking about a Prime Mayorga the one at welter weight, when he beat forrest who was landing at will.

PLus ask Tony to go to Midleweight and try to bang the same way with 160 guys, LEt's say Kelly Pavlik? I know you guys are Margarito Fans but please be real.
    Last edited by Puya; 07-28-2008 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Type o
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Thread Information