Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Home floor to ceiling

Hey everyone, hope your all well. I'm looking at purchasing a floor to ceiling ball at home just for when i'm bored I could get an extra bit of training in. What would people reccomend? I don't have too much room so the more lightweight the better really plus I don't want to pull my moms ceiling down! haha. Anyway I saw this on sugarrays, anyone think it'd be good? or is it too small and lightweight? Sugarrays Boxing Equipment*::*Floor to Ceiling Balls*::*Floor To Ceiling Ball's*::*SKLZ Speed Striker Agility & Cardio Floor To Ceiling Ball

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Home floor to ceiling

Judging by the picture, that is probably too small. That would be hard as hell to hit and discouraging as can be. Conversely, a large bag would be too easy. Also, you want a realistic size target to hit. (If you want to help your accuracy, paint a dot on your heavy bag and hit it every time.)
    Let me spend a minute on how to hit that bag. Start it with your jab and circle in each direction, working that jab in unison with your lead foot. Then start doubling it up a bit---but get that jab and that lead foot in unison first!!!
    If you go, in my experince, to gyms run by Mexican trainers, these bags will be strung more tightly. Black trainers tend to let the bag move more and use it as a defensive tool as well. My suggestion is this:Start the bag with your jab and circle it. Only hit it as it comes towards you. You can vary your distance- how far from your body you hit it- just make sure it is coming to you. This will teach you timing, specifically how to get your weight turned in time to land good punches. Concentrate on throwing good punches and where, on your fist, each punch lands. This will tell you if you're ahead or behind where the punch should land.

Thread Information