Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who should be in prison?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is Bradley Manning in prison whilst war criminals run free?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why is Bradley Manning in prison whilst war criminals run free?

The Real News has done a fantastic piece of work with this coverage of the Bradley Manning situation. The footage shows US military servicemen murdering innocent people including the father of two young children who attempted to assist in the carnage by trying to tend to the shot. His children looked on and saw their dad shot to pieces. Later one of the children had pieces of glass pulled from her eye by a military serviceman who was on the scene and trying to deal with the fallout. The US military serviceman was blamed for not securing the area. How dare he assist bloodied children?

Today Bradley Manning who helped release this footage is held in prison in arguably tortuous conditions whilst the people who committed war crimes are free and off the hook.

I know what the typical responses to this thread will be. In many ways it is a blatant attempt to stifle discussion and marginalize my views. You defend what is right and proper and you have trolls defending state interests and blatant war crimes. "How dare Liberals suggest that our military defends war crimes?". Well, it is a fact and the evidence exists. And furthermore the US keeps political prisoners and that is precisely what Bradley Manning is.

So my poll of the week. Who should be in prison? Manning or the war criminal butchers?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why is Bradley Manning in prison whilst war criminals run free?

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    The Real News has done a fantastic piece of work with this coverage of the Bradley Manning situation. The footage shows US military servicemen murdering innocent people including the father of two young children who attempted to assist in the carnage by trying to tend to the shot. His children looked on and saw their dad shot to pieces. Later one of the children had pieces of glass pulled from her eye by a military serviceman who was on the scene and trying to deal with the fallout. The US military serviceman was blamed for not securing the area. How dare he assist bloodied children?

Today Bradley Manning who helped release this footage is held in prison in arguably tortuous conditions whilst the people who committed war crimes are free and off the hook.

I know what the typical responses to this thread will be. In many ways it is a blatant attempt to stifle discussion and marginalize my views. You defend what is right and proper and you have trolls defending state interests and blatant war crimes. "How dare Liberals suggest that our military defends war crimes?". Well, it is a fact and the evidence exists. And furthermore the US keeps political prisoners and that is precisely what Bradley Manning is.

So my poll of the week. Who should be in prison? Manning or the war criminal butchers?
    I thought Bradley Manning was brown bread? Fell off a roof at Christmas, Stacey effed off abroad, Max tried to slide in there at the death but she gave him the Spanish?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you talking about some kind of English soap? It's completely over my head. I haven't watched that stuff in a decade. I've no idea.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you talking about some kind of English soap? It's completely over my head. I haven't watched that stuff in a decade. I've no idea.
    Shut up you tart

Actually it was an episode of Jeremy Kyle. I'll send yout the youtube link, its a cracker.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Shut up you tart

Actually it was an episode of Jeremy Kyle. I'll send yout the youtube link, its a cracker.
    Bring it on. Jeremy Kyle is a real life soap. That's what happens when you get Eastenders and a 15 million audience for 30 years.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I recall being home last February and seeing Jeremy Kyle on TV for the first time. It was downright peculiar.

Still, I would like to see this clip as it sounds rather dramatic.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So, back on track with the original thread intention. Why is Manning in prison whilst murderers run free?

I would prefer it if the thread would stay true to its original purpose as I think it is a serious topic and merits serious discussion.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think I would rather see the real villain in prison, of course I mean Assange.

He has been exposed as a charlotan and a phony now several times over. Trying to stop the publication of a biography about him pretty much sums up what a hypocritical fool he is.

Manning was probabaly an ideologist who believed he was doing the right thing. Assange just took his evidence, published it and then left him to rot.

Death to Assange.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Note Miles, as you didn't include Assange on your poll I had no choice but to vote for Manning's incarcaration. So in some ways, you are to blame for his plight.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's like me shooting you in the head and the police saying 'go home lad they've got nothing on you'. There is only the bloody CCTV which has been released by the security guard. And you stick him in prison? Okay he shouldn't have released it, but murderers go free?

That says a lot.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Note Miles, as you didn't include Assange on your poll I had no choice but to vote for Manning's incarcaration. So in some ways, you are to blame for his plight.
    I take absolutely no responsibility for being Julian Assange and to be honest I have been disappointed with him recently. He has gone all autobiographical and forgotten about challenging the evils of empire.

I guess it is hard though when the global dictators don't even allow you to finance your rebellion. It is harder than ever to rise up and this is why all those that are being put down need to band together.

I don't advocate peaceful revolution. I advocate blood and mayhem as peace has no bearing. The US IS a dictatorship and I want revolution and seeing as there are so many guns there should be more blood.

Take to Wall Street with machine guns and then see where it takes you. You can't argue with a hundred thousand with machine guns.

All Brad did was show some war crimes, I am suggesting much worse.

El Kabong Guest

miles, miles, miles.....Bradley Manning STOLE classified documents and handed them over to Julian Assange to publish for public consumption. Documents which could have lead to further military action taken by the United States and other nations.

Julian Assange et al are anarchists that think the world is an unfair evil place and while they want to shed light on what they perceive as injustice and illegal activities but due to the reality of several nations having nuclear weapons they have put 100% of the population of this planet in danger....to me that is unforgiveable.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    miles, miles, miles.....Bradley Manning STOLE classified documents and handed them over to Julian Assange to publish for public consumption. Documents which could have lead to further military action taken by the United States and other nations.

Julian Assange et al are anarchists that think the world is an unfair evil place and while they want to shed light on what they perceive as injustice and illegal activities but due to the reality of several nations having nuclear weapons they have put 100% of the population of this planet in danger....to me that is unforgiveable.
    Who has died because of what Manning released?

Your nation murdered the father of children and your own serviceman was told not to protect the children.

How blinkered are you? A war crime was committed and you expect a good person to defend that? Because he made a contract with an abstract concept like a state rather than his own humanity?

Lyle, honesty is always the best recipe and you would rather be a loafer to a state and be a dishonest human being. Over time you have shown that again and again, but this time it is so blatant and to see you treading the same line actually makes me laugh.

People were murdered, but oh documents were stolen. Is that the big beef? You lamb! Elsberg would have picked you out of his teeth.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

No, you are retarded for thinking that way. Nobody has died.

Bring your suspicions to a court of law. Nothing.

But one man is kept there and war criminals run free.

In wonderfully spaced out sentences, those are the facts.

El Kabong Guest

Luckily nobody has died because of what Manning has released, but do you honestly doubt it could have happened? Julian Assange is a threat to peace. Sure honesty is the best policy, but CONTEXT is a huge key when dealing with such things.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions miles....perhaps you had best remind your anarchist friends of that

Thread Information