Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hattons weight v Mayweather

Just a thought on Hatton's weight.

When Mayweather fought DLH he weighed in at 150 but was 148 come fight night. Would a similar tactic do Hatton any good. i.e. coming in about 142, 143. The last time he fought at 147 he struggled. That may have been a mixture of a slippery southpaw, little time to grow into the weight etc however what do you guys think.

Personally I think Hatton at 142, 143 may be better for him. Hatton has to work hard o loose weight but it gets him mega fit. He appeared to struggle in the latter stages of the Collazo fight but not sure if this was down to a cold or weather he did not train as hard as he had less weight to loose.
    Tip of the month: Protect yourselves at all times. You never know when the scheming bitch will come back for more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hattons weight v Mayweather

Hattons weight is way less of a problem than the huge skill disadvantage that he is in, and that can't be aquired no matter how hard he trains. Hopefully what he is working on is a game plan instead
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton will train for a fight at light welterweight and come in at his usuall weight.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton's weight will be an interesting thing to follow.

I've always felt that one of the biggest mistakes that fighters make is that when they move up in weight, they feel like they're obligated to put on the extra weight.

It's something I thought Floyd was smart about. A lot of fighters in his position would've weighed in at 154 against DLH. Floyd was smart enough to know he was going to win the fight with speed, and therefore came in at 150. I would've even liked to see Floyd at 146 or 147 for that fight.

Hatton should weigh whatever weight he feels best at. Floyd isn't some big strong guy, in fact, Floyd may be naturally smaller than Hatton is. I'm sure Floyd walks around lighter in between fights than Hatton does.

Thread Information