Thread: Roy Jones would have beat all these idiots

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward has a very good shot at beating a prime Roy. Roy was talented, but go back and watch him against solid fighters who weren't intimidated and you will see he was not as dominant. Hop was green in their first fight, and once he got over the nerves he started winning rounds. It's why he always wanted a rematch with Roy, he knew he could beat him.

Roy was unorthodox and able to beat anyone because of his natural gifts, but to say that Ward, GGG, and even Stevenson couldn't beat him is crazy. Roy's most impressive wins were vs Hop, Toney, Griffith, Ruiz, and Tarver. Hop was green, Toney was lazy and inconsistent, Ruiz was a joke, and Roy struggled with Montell in the first fight n Tarver for all 3. Eric Harding have Roy trouble also, and he wasn't a great fighter.

I'm not a Roy hater, but Ward has the skill and speed combo to give Roy too much to handle, GGG has the punch and ability to take advantage of Roy's chin, and Stevenson is awkward and a big enough puncher to catch Roy. I think people would have a better idea of Roy's true greatness had he fought guys like Benn, Eubank, Darius M., Mclellan, Nunn, Liles...etc. He was an unbelievably talented fighter, but he wasn't as unbeatable as his fans try to portray.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roy Jones would have beat all these idiots

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Ward has a very good shot at beating a prime Roy. Roy was talented, but go back and watch him against solid fighters who weren't intimidated and you will see he was not as dominant. Hop was green in their first fight, and once he got over the nerves he started winning rounds. It's why he always wanted a rematch with Roy, he knew he could beat him.

Roy was unorthodox and able to beat anyone because of his natural gifts, but to say that Ward, GGG, and even Stevenson couldn't beat him is crazy. Roy's most impressive wins were vs Hop, Toney, Griffith, Ruiz, and Tarver. Hop was green, Toney was lazy and inconsistent, Ruiz was a joke, and Roy struggled with Montell in the first fight n Tarver for all 3. Eric Harding have Roy trouble also, and he wasn't a great fighter.

I'm not a Roy hater, but Ward has the skill and speed combo to give Roy too much to handle, GGG has the punch and ability to take advantage of Roy's chin, and Stevenson is awkward and a big enough puncher to catch Roy. I think people would have a better idea of Roy's true greatness had he fought guys like Benn, Eubank, Darius M., Mclellan, Nunn, Liles...etc. He was an unbelievably talented fighter, but he wasn't as unbeatable as his fans try to portray.
    So much non sense here i don't even know where to start. First off...Roy did not struggle with Montell...he got DQed in their first fight for some bs...and came back to destroy him in the rematch. Hop was green?! He was a champ when Roy fought him...and Jones beat him with ease with a broken hand. When he fought Toney...James was 46-0 and considered one of the very best pound 4 pound fighters in the game...Roy took care of him with ease. It has been clearly documented that the Roy Jones that fought Tarver was no longer a prime Roy (add to it the troubles he had with weight coming back down). He would have trouble with Stevenson and GGG??!!! Two fighters who have fought no one of worth to date. GGG is a linear fighter and Roy would have made him look slow as molasses. Stevenson?! A one dimensional puncher. Ward is similar to Hopkins in that he is a crafty fighter that likes to makes things ugly. Now Andre Ward is better than that version of Hopkins. But Roy's quickness and bizarre angles would limit Ward’s counter punching and inside fighting. He’d be forced to be a little more offensive and that’d play into Jones’ hands. Just way too much speed for Ward to deal with.

In conclusion...you ARE a Roy hater.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stevenson & Kovalev would not stand a chance!!!!

Froch would be to slow but would have been intrigued to see Froch start throwing him around the ring like with dirrell after the first few rounds - I think Froch would lose a one sided ish UD

Ward I think would of genuinely had a shot at beating him

Kessler would have been an interesting fight style wish imo as would Taylor in his early days

can't make up my mind about Joe Calzaghe at all despite seeing them fight later his jones' career

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unbelievable.. lol Mikeeod is not a hater...

Read between his lines and its obvious the guy just doesnt know shit about Boxing, plain and simple.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some of you mutha fuckas musta forgot...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCmpaCEXJBc

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hop was green. I know I don't know much about boxing, but it was a fight for a vacated title, which means neither guy held the IBF title. But what do I know? Also, look at Hop fight Roy n Mercado n then look at him fight Tito, Holmes, Joppy, Eastman...etc. Hop was much more of a complete fighter later in his career

I don't know much about boxing, compared to you guys, but while I agree with u that Toney was undefeated, he had disputed wins against Tiberi and Reggie Johnson, and was lucky to get the draw. In those fights as well as the Thadzi n Griffith fights, u can see how James had issues with fast, active fighters. Roy dominated their fight, but he never really hurt James n his style was made to defeat James.

Jones struggled in the first fight with Griffith, which led to his frustration n the dq. Watch the fight n try n be objective, not just see what u want from ur hero.

Where has it been documented that Roy was so far past his prime?!? This should be good. Since u guys know so much, where is that documented at n by whom? He fought Tarver coming off his win over Ruiz n Tarver fought him tough. Roy was as fast as ever in the rematch until Tarver caught him on the chin.

Look, Roy was the most talented fighter. He may have had what was necessary to be one of the greatest ever. Roy never faces the competition available to prove his greatness and most likely never has the chin to win fighting consistently at that level. But I'm sure I have no idea what I'm talking about...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Meant to say he never faced the necessary, available competition. Past tense.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roy would have beat everyone silly, aside from Ward... Ward would have been the toughest match, sorta like Bernard Hopkins with a little extra in Hop/RJJ's first fight.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward has no chances against prime Jones.
    Ward is very schooled, but too orthodox, means predictable
    Learn Mike Tyson style and elements of Peekaboo @ SugarBoxing

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i agree that jones would easily beat all LHWs now. stevenson would have no chance. way too predictable and would have to rely on a lucky shot which wouldnt happen. i think that kovalev is good, but jones has fought people like him before and won every round.

ward would be a good fight. ward makes fights ugly. also, he is very quick and smart. definitely smarter than jones. jones was more athletic but the thing about ward is that he has a very high ring iq. i think that he could figure out jones and win some rounds. i still think that jones wins but it would be an close and ugly decision.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Ward would have been a challenge for Jones.
    nah both are american so they'd have stopped ward holding
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have grown to like calzaghe and either JC or gerald mccleran would give RJ a good fight but RJ would still win.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Meant to say he never faced the necessary, available competition. Past tense.
    You have the nerve to say he aint fight nobody HE JUST MAKE THEM LOOK LIKE NOBODY YALL MUSSA FORGOT!!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NVSemin View Post
    Ward has no chances against prime Jones.
    Ward is very schooled, but too orthodox, means predictable

Ahh yes, I see you know your Roy Jones well.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Roy went 15 years as an unbeatable force (besides the lame DQ to Griffen which was avenged by brutal 1st round KO).

Floyd's the only better fighter I've seen in my time watching boxing.
    floyd better than roy.....delusional

Thread Information