Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins and why?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: James Toney VS Wladimir Klitschko

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default James Toney VS Wladimir Klitschko

I just wanted to ask this question again because it seems some people still seem to think Toney is the most skilled heavyweight for some reason.So could Toney beat Wladimir by points or KO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: James Toney VS Wladimir Klitschko

Now this is bs...
    Why all you haters gotta do this crap..
    So toney lost that fight..He is still AT LEAST.. third out of em all..
    Ive been arguing my ass off and ive said..Look only vlad and sam peter take out toney..
    So dont give me this he aint at least third..You tell me who else beats toney..None of those bizotches..
    Its just true...
    And the whole buffet stuff..Im so tired of that..He came in looking better this fight did he not?
    The answer is yes..Give it a rest
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And if you must know..

I say vlad by either close ud or vlad by md..
    It depends on toney..If toney is fresh and up for it..Say he's in the same shape as he was for second bout with peter.. Then he puts on a good show with a great strong fighter in vladimir..
    If he's in bad shape i say about 7 rounds to 5 or around about...
    Never..Does toney get stopped...
    HES GOT MILK BABY..NEXXXTT, WHOS NEXT
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_BHB
    Now this is bs...
    Ive been arguing my a** off and ive said..Look only vlad and sam peter take out toney..
    So dont give me this he aint at least third..You tell me who else beats toney..None of those bizotches..
    Its just true...
    And the whole buffet stuff..Im so tired of that..He came in looking better this fight did he not?
    Why is he #3?Because he lost to Peter twice was DQ against Ruiz eeked out a win over Rahman.He is 4-1-2 as a hevyweight!Tell me who with that kind of record would be in the top 20!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Klitschkofan
    Now this is bs...
    Ive been arguing my a** off and ive said..Look only vlad and sam peter take out toney..
    Its just true...
    Why is he #3?Because he lost to Peter twice was DQ against Ruiz eeked out a win over Rahman.He is 4-1-2 as a hevyweight!Tell me who with that kind of record would be in the top 20!
    You tell me who beats him...
    I scored the rahman fight for toney..And toney beats him now hands down..You saw how he came in..
    Looked disgraceful
    Its was there for the taking..and james took it barely in my opinion but fair play he wasnt busy enough cos he trained crap...
    the ruiz fight counts for the performance..Fwok that james ruined it himself..UD.
    And theres nothin to say about the rest..He's all good
    Peter I he won..
    Peter II fair play to sam he did enough to win the fight..
    Ive answered yours you didnt answer mine
    Who beats him then aside from sam and vlad?
    And back it up with logic!
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now this is bs...
    Its just true...
    I scored the rahman fight for toney..And toney beats him now hands down..You saw how he came in..
    Looked disgraceful
    Its was there for the taking..and james took it barely in my opinion but fair play he wasnt busy enough cos he trained crap...
    the ruiz fight counts for the performance..Fwok that james ruined it himself..UD.
    Peter I he won..
    I don't know who beats him if he hasn't faced them yet.How can I use logic in a hypothetical argument?How many guys would be ranked in the top 3 after losing their last 2 fights?Look as Byrd!He was a title holder,lost 1 fight in 6 years and now he isn't even in the top 10!I really don't care who you think Toney could beat it it who he DOES beat that counts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now this is bs...
    Its just true...
    Looked disgraceful
    Peter I he won..
    I don't know who beats him if he hasn't faced them yet.How can I use logic in a hypothetical argument?How many guys would be ranked in the top 3 after losing their last 2 fights?Look as Byrd!He was a title holder,lost 1 fight in 6 years and now he isn't even in the top 10!I really don't care who you think Toney could beat it it who he DOES beat that counts.
    I dunno bro..Have we got a lil mixed up here...I aint going for wins losses and recs on my list...
    Or no sanctioning pay me and you can be next champ crap..
    Im saying skillwise.. You know..The byrd thing is a Rawwwww deal Definately
    Byrd has more skill in his shit then most of the guys in the top ten..But he hasnt been all that active is all...
    The hypothetical thing is like..Prediction bro..I say..for example briggs.. Much too slow power is in the hooks..Asthmatic.. (Sorry if you didnt get that this is against toney)..
    Toney ..Never been stopped..Even against peter..
    In 24 rounds with peter in fact...
    So you say brigg's gases out after four and with toney bieng a great counter puncher he picks him apart for an easy ud.. or briggs' corner steps in about 8th or 9th..
    also with toney to land the right hand you must move to your left... Briggs in all fairness need the right hand and james is too slick...
    A pretty good predicition if i do say so myself..Its like an analysis of what is likely..
    So yehh...Hoep you get me know
    Peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now this is bs...
    Its just true...
    Looked disgraceful
    Peter I he won..
    First thing, Bryd lost to Oquendo, and got a very questionable D vs Golota, then was TKOED in 5 by the present Wlad klitschko.. Secondly, you start this topic, supposedly, because you are sick of hearing that James Toney is the most skilled HW and wan't to see what people think.... Welll let me first off, tell you, that James TOney IS WITHOUT A DOUBT the most skilled HW, regardless of any response on this thread. THat doesn't mean he's the best, in fact he isn't even a HW... He is simply the fighter actively fighting at HW who has the most skill.. I think you were looking for the word, "best". Because in this regard, Wladmimir does take it, hands down for the moment. He's a natural HW, pretty good athlete, always mantains good physical condition, and I would personally pick him to beat any HW out there. Of course he would beat James TOney. BUT, that doesn't make him more skilled, and quite simply, he could never dream to be.. Wlad is 6'6, and weighs about 240 when in peak physical condition, Toey is 5'9, and at his best is probably a cruiserweight.... Needless to say its not due to skill that WLad cout beat Toney, or that Toney couldn't beat him.. So in short,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Now this is bs...
    Its just true...
    Looked disgraceful
    Peter I he won..
    First thing, Bryd lost to Oquendo, and got a very questionable D vs Golota, then was TKOED in 5 by the present Wlad klitschko.. Secondly, you start this topic, supposedly, because you are sick of hearing that James Toney is the most skilled HW and wan't to see what people think.... Welll let me first off, tell you, that James TOney IS WITHOUT A DOUBT the most skilled HW, regardless of any response on this thread. THat doesn't mean he's the best, in fact he isn't even a HW... He is simply the fighter actively fighting at HW who has the most skill.. I think you were looking for the word, "best". Because in this regard, Wladmimir does take it, hands down for the moment. He's a natural HW, pretty good athlete, always mantains good physical condition, and I would personally pick him to beat any HW out there. Of course he would beat James TOney. BUT, that doesn't make him more skilled, and quite simply, he could never dream to be.. Wlad is 6'6, and weighs about 240 when in peak physical condition, Toey is 5'9, and at his best is probably a cruiserweight.... Needless to say its not due to skill that WLad cout beat Toney, or that Toney couldn't beat him.. So in short,

cc..Good post..
    Trying to chill out the whole situations round the site..Everybody snapping at me n shit..
    Cant be doing with it... Too many people are arguing against me more for the fact they dislike toney then the fact's that matter...
    But never mind eh..
    Peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Still I just don't think that his skill alone would get him past a lot of the bigger stronger heavyweights out there, he might be able to take their punches but I just don't see him winning fights against these big guys.Maybey it's just me.I give Toney a lot of credit for having worked his way up to this weight and been succesful until facing Peter but I don't see him beating any of the current belt holders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now this is bs...
    Its just true...
    Looked disgraceful
    Peter I he won..
    As a heavyweight Wladimir is the most skilled boxer.He beat Peter because of his boxing skills not his power.Wladimir wasn't the gold medal winner in the Olympics because he knocked everyone out it was his ability to hit and not be hit.Toney's skills at heavyweight are diminished compared to when he fought at a lighter weight.He was a lot faster and mobile then.Skill is why Wladimir beat Peter and skill is why Peter beat Toney as a heavyweight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yehh i know what you mean klitfan...
    We know he a gold medalist and all.. But vlad is a real heavyweight..And he's a good heavyweight boxer..
    When you fight other heavyweights..Its not all boxing really..Alot can get by with good skill but it doesnt really match up the same with toney who's just a bad old school fighter that pulls these crazy tricks and counter punches..And has brought it up the weights.. No diss to vlad of course .. I hope you get me..
    Hard to explain...
    But honestly..Yeh..I do see toney absolutely embarassing all others..
    I mean beyond toney peter and vlad.. The division steps down a class...
    I typed out my briggs prediction..
    Sergie doesnt have the determination and quite frankly by the end of the press conference he would be beat.. then he depended on mixing it up with some great bravery in his only notable win..brewster..
    but that invites bad counters from toney Ud..
    Maskaev has a weak enough chin and too little power to take out toney.. i think he would perhaps try to out last toney but toney is a master at sitting on the ropes and countering to rest up..
    And basically i dont believe he's a smart enough fighter...
    And both chagaev and valuev both barely (if at all) beat ruiz..Who clearly lost to toney.
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now this is bs...
    Its just true...
    Looked disgraceful
    Peter I he won..
    As a heavyweight Wladimir is the most skilled boxer.He beat Peter because of his boxing skills not his power.Wladimir wasn't the gold medal winner in the Olympics because he knocked everyone out it was his ability to hit and not be hit.Toney's skills at heavyweight are diminished compared to when he fought at a lighter weight.He was a lot faster and mobile then.Skill is why Wladimir beat Peter and skill is why Peter beat Toney as a heavyweight.
    I don't think your quite absorbing this..... Klitshcko is the BEST HW in the world, at the momemnt, but he does not have more skills than James Toney, at any weight... Weight is the key factor here, Klit would beat Toney because he is naturally much bigger.... just as Peter beat him.. but you honestly think Wlad has as many skills as James Toney?? THat is as dellusional as saying Peter beat Toney because of skill..... What made oyu say that?? Peter was so much more powerful than James, he was quite a bit larger, and could take that hardest punch James could throw(and did several timeS). If Toney could have hurt Peter badly and laughed at his best shots, do you think the fight would have been the same? Nah, nobody would... THat's where skills comes into play. Or do you think Joey Maxim was more skilled than Sugar Ray Robinson as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now this is bs...
    Its just true...
    Looked disgraceful
    Peter I he won..
    I don't think your quite absorbing this..... Klitshcko is the BEST HW in the world, at the momemnt, but he does not have more skills than James Toney, at any weight... Weight is the key factor here, Klit would beat Toney because he is naturally much bigger.... just as Peter beat him.. but you honestly think Wlad has as many skills as James Toney?? THat is as dellusional as saying Peter beat Toney because of skill..... What made oyu say that?? Peter was so much more powerful than James, he was quite a bit larger, and could take that hardest punch James could throw(and did several timeS). If Toney could have hurt Peter badly and laughed at his best shots, do you think the fight would have been the same? Nah, nobody would... THat's where skills comes into play. Or do you think Joey Maxim was more skilled than Sugar Ray Robinson as well
    We are talking about HEAVYWEIGHT skills.As a heavyweight Wladimir poseses more tools to beat other heavyweights!I have no idea what kind of skills Wladimir would have if he was under 200lbs and 5'9"!

As far as Peter yes he beat Toney using his skills as a heavyweight the key word is heavyweight.Peter put together better combinations in that fight than Toney did, that is a fact.

Chris Byrd found a way to beat legitimate heavyweights without power, he was an example of a 169lb guy who worked his way into the heavyweights and used his skills to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Total Ownage .. James Toney is not taking his career serious, at these monstrous weights he is simply a target ! Klitchko would win inside 3 no doubt.

Thread Information