Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jose Sulaiman has died

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post

R.I.P. doesn't seem like he was an honest guy, but least he did set up some pensions and such for down and out fighters.

I'd say since I've read his son will be taking over that it will be business as usual.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, what can you say. He won't be forgotten in Boxing.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah he was a git but he is dead.... I don't even know what i am rambling about now... but the geezer is dead thats serious business lets leave it at that I hope it doesn't descend into some weird name calling. insult fest.. let the old guy rest in peace... I also realise I may cause inults to be directed at this fellow by pointing it out but whatever... i think we should let hi go

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was corrupt and a poor influence on the current state of affairs in the sport we love, but may he rest in peace.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    He was corrupt and a poor influence on the current state of affairs in the sport we love, but may he rest in peace.
    He help pay for a lot of Genero Hernandez medical expensives when he got sick.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Given his immense influence on boxing, the man should receive a proper 21 gun salute to commemorate his passing.

It would be the first time in history every round is fired into the casket.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    That's great, but it doesn't really excuse his reign of bullshit for the WBC. He did a great thing for Gennaro but fucked so many other fighters.

I'm sure at some point Don King has organised and paid charity events, but it doesn't changed the fact that he murdered someone.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's great, but it doesn't really excuse his reign of bullshit for the WBC. He did a great thing for Gennaro but fucked so many other fighters.

I'm sure at some point Don King has organised and paid charity events, but it doesn't changed the fact that he murdered someone.
    Who exactly did he fuck? Sulaiman wasn't a promotor. He had no fighters under like King or Arum. He didn't get a percentage of fighters purses like they did. I'm not gonna claim he as was some saint. Cuz he wasn't. But he wasn't as bad as he was made out to be. Sulaiman always did what he could to try and help fighters who were down on there luck. And it wasn't just Mexican fighters. He helped out Rocky Lockridge and Iran Barkley when were on the streets

I don't understand your last comment. You make it seem like he did something wrong. Yeah King murdered someone. But what was he suppose to do? Let the guy rob him? Come on now. It was justified. And in no way should it be held against him. It can be twisted many ways. But bottom line is this. If the man wasn't in someone elses house, taking shit that didn't belong to him he most likely wouldn't of died that night

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who exactly did he fuck? Sulaiman wasn't a promotor. He had no fighters under like King or Arum. He didn't get a percentage of fighters purses like they did. I'm not gonna claim he as was some saint. Cuz he wasn't. But he wasn't as bad as he was made out to be. Sulaiman always did what he could to try and help fighters who were down on there luck. And it wasn't just Mexican fighters. He helped out Rocky Lockridge and Iran Barkley when were on the streets

I don't understand your last comment. You make it seem like he did something wrong. Yeah King murdered someone. But what was he suppose to do? Let the guy rob him? Come on now. It was justified. And in no way should it be held against him. It can be twisted many ways. But bottom line is this. If the man wasn't in someone elses house, taking shit that didn't belong to him he most likely wouldn't of died that night
    The guy that Don King killed, he kicked to death on the street. He was a smaller guy, and Don beat him down and kicked him to death. The guy owed him money.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sulaiman wasn't good for boxing. I'm sure the earthworms will puke a little too.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im sure JCC will be gutted , Jose made the rules up to suite JCC .
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The amount he paid out to help sick boxers was a tiny percentage of his turnover. He took three or four percent of all their WBC title purses and every other boxer who fights for a WBC title. If you took that money and funnelled it through a nonprofit sanctioning body that spent it all on looking after retired boxers then they'd be able to hire ten or thirty times more boxers.

All these sanctioning bodies are just racketeering enterprises. They're all headquartered in Panama or the Dominican Republic where they don't have to produce publicly available audited company accounts. There's a reason for that.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post

The guy that Don King killed, he kicked to death on the street. He was a smaller guy, and Don beat him down and kicked him to death. The guy owed him money.
    I was talking about the other guy he killed. King does have two murders to his name

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    The amount he paid out to help sick boxers was a tiny percentage of his turnover. He took three or four percent of all their WBC title purses and every other boxer who fights for a WBC title. If you took that money and funnelled it through a nonprofit sanctioning body that spent it all on looking after retired boxers then they'd be able to hire ten or thirty times more boxers.

All these sanctioning bodies are just racketeering enterprises. They're all headquartered in Panama or the Dominican Republic where they don't have to produce publicly available audited company accounts. There's a reason for that.
    Every organization takes out sanction fees. That's nothing new. Nor is it illegal. And while I feel retired boxers should get more help it's really not the organizations job to help them out. Retired boxers should be looked out by there promotors and managers. The muthafukkas who actually take a cut from a fighters purse

Thread Information