Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jay Nady is AWESOME REF !

Nady is a great Referee ! After watching the Rahman - Maskeav Rematch I realized why that fight was so entertaining, . It was because Nady would not let Maskeav hold or Rahman hold , and threaten to take point away early on in the fight , Nady established control stating “ that both you guys are going to fight,! There will be no holding“ . And thus we were treated to a very entreating heavyweight fight. The HBO guys Larry Merchant and Lennox Lewis were scrutinizing Nady for telling the fighters not to hold, what a bunch of fukin morons ! Now Lewis made a career of it, so I can see why he would have something to say, but Merchant of all people should have been praising Nady for taking control of a fight, that could have easily been a real snoozer ! That my opinion !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jay Nady is AWESOME REF !

It the Ref's job to tell the fighters to stop doing illegal tactics, I am not sure many boxing fans understand that Holding is against the Universal rules and regulations of boxing. It's an illegal act when used as a strategy . I'll tell you right now. Manny Steward has set the Heavyweight boxing world back decades , with his teaching of Holding as a strategy. its made for a years of horrible Heavyweight viewing for the fight fan. not to mention the teaching of an illegal tactic. Its one thing to hold on if your rocked or just got knocked down and your trying to get your footing, but its another thing when you go out into fight with Holding as strategy. It 100% illegal . and boring as hell to fukin watch

Association of boxing commissions rules and regulations
    http://www.abcboxing.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think people need to understand the strategy behind holding, and then can see what an unfair advantage it is . Most referees say very little. Thus the Tall fighter who uses this Manny type stradigy has already won the fight.
    example
    The short fighter has to work his ass off to get on the in the inside , the tall fighter then ties up. The average ref steps in and breaks them apart instantly leaving the short fighter miles away from his target all over again with no real chance to do anything . Hence the unfair advantage. This goes on until the short fighter is reduced to lunging into a big shot in which he is knocked down or out or he loses a decision . Never given a fair chance to win the fight.

Now with Nady as referee. that would not be allowed to happen. As Nady would inform both fighters that holding is an infraction of the rules and regulations of boxing and won’t be tolerated at all, thus the short fighter has an equal chance to win as he works his way in ,he can now fight on the inside and has the opportunity to do his work , the Tall fighter has to adjust and box his way out , rather then hold his way out. Giving both fighters an equal opportunity to win the fight. Its that simple, and that’s why the holding rule needs to be vigorously enforced. both guys need a fair chance to win !

Association of boxing commissions rules and regulations
    http://www.abcboxing.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow...your havin a discussion all by your self
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have seen nothing but awful performances from Nady up until that fight. Maybe and hopefully he's getting his act together. He was awful in both Hopkins vs Taylor bouts and many, many others. I would love to see the holding stop already. It's ridiculous.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey
    Wow...your havin a discussion all by your self
    LMFAO !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What ever happened to that ref from the Hatton - Collazo fight? That dude didn't take any s#!t

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nady is pioneering a new kind of ref, zero tolerance for clinching....if refs do this then holding may eventually stop or as close to stopping as possible......fighters who hold intentially over and over again shud be dq'd...that would stop those hold merchants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nady's big fat ass is always blocking the camera. He is an attention whore. He won't get out of the way of the cameras. He constantly slaps the hands of boxers when they are holding just slightly on the inside. Usually when he does slap the boxers hands the other boxer counters at that exact moment. This is no way to keep the boxers from holding. Jay Nady is one of the worst refs out there, if not the worst. I curse at him in almost every match i've seen him ref.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

COOL CLICK Lords Gym. i respect how you intelligently state your case.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nady: "NO HOLDING NO HOLDING!! STOP IT!!!"

Merchant: "YOU STOP IT JAY!!!"
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO Nady was always a decent ref...Not the greatest but there are much worse.........
    Nady got a bad rep after Zab/Tszyu...and at times he gets too involved but hey like I said there are worse....Personaly Give me Merchante jr Mills lane or Frank Cappicuno any day but hey what are you gonna do.....One of my Favorites was Mitch Halpern...Shame what happened with him
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    COOL CLICK Lords Gym. i respect how you intelligently state your case.
    I appreciate that ! CC back thanks for reading my post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    IMO Nady was always a decent ref...Not the greatest but there are much worse.........
    Nady got a bad rep after Zab/Tszyu...and at times he gets too involved but hey like I said there are worse....Personaly Give me Merchante jr Mills lane or Frank Cappicuno any day but hey what are you gonna do.....One of my Favorites was Mitch Halpern...Shame what happened with him
    Yes Mitch was a very fair ref, definitely a guy you would want referring your bout , he is greatly missed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree holding is a bad thing.

They oughta just stick to clenching.

Thread Information