Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Billy Joe Saunders has failed a VADA test

I'm not really sure where this goes, if they both agreed to VADA testing then it's a fail.

Andrade needs this fight tho, he can't slip back into the background. But if Saunders is dirty (nasal spray) or not, he's dirty.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Legal out of competition or not, I'm pretty sure you still need to inform VADA of any meds you are taking.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is quite possible in this day and age something quite legal can contain a banned substance. What billy joe was filmed doing to women was fairly despicable, but certainly no more than what other guys have been banned for in the past. I’m somewhat glad his fight seems to still be on, because no matter what it’s a good fight. I think Andrade is a very good fighter who is being underrated and has every chance to win, as well.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    It is quite possible in this day and age something quite legal can contain a banned substance. What billy joe was filmed doing to women was fairly despicable, but certainly no more than what other guys have been banned for in the past. I’m somewhat glad his fight seems to still be on, because no matter what it’s a good fight. I think Andrade is a very good fighter who is being underrated and has every chance to win, as well.
    The fighter is still responsible at the end of the day for what goes into this bodies.

I agree Andrade doesn't deserve to miss out on this opportunity, but he does deserve to be in the ring with someone that has followed the rules.

Didn't Ortiz' fight with Wilder get cancelled because Ortiz' team didn't put down his medication?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The fighter is still responsible at the end of the day for what goes into this bodies.

I agree Andrade doesn't deserve to miss out on this opportunity, but he does deserve to be in the ring with someone that has followed the rules.

Didn't Ortiz' fight with Wilder get cancelled because Ortiz' team didn't put down his medication?
    And I know Ortiz had been busted previously and this is Saunders' first time up, but the scenario is similar.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh I’m not pretending be selfless, just saying I think it’s an interesting fight and want to see it anyways. Does always make me wonder what the guy potentially getting fucked over (Andrade here) can do about it though....

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now this is interesting, don't know if there's any truth in it or not but apparently there might not be any nasal sprays that contain oxilofrine.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My feeling is that maybe it should be up to the Opponent? As bad as training for a fight only to have it cancelled last minute may be, having a full camp only to have it cancelled within a week or something really can’t be much worse...

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My feeling is that maybe it should be up to the Opponent? As bad as training for a fight only to have it cancelled last minute may be, having a full camp only to have it cancelled within a week or something really can’t be much worse...
    Yea definitely and missing out on the payday. Then possibly being inactive fit several more months.

Not sure how I feel yet about letting the opponent decide, let me think on it.

Another thing, I'm not sure if the UKAD has any say in this, as the fight is in the States and as it's under VADA testing, I think that it might banned.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea definitely and missing out on the payday. Then possibly being inactive fit several more months.

Another thing, I'm not sure if the UKAD has any say in this, as the fight is in the States and as it's under VADA testing, I think that it might banned.
    Didn’t mean to make any comments on geography, it just must suck so much for the guy who puts in a full training camp, then loses the whole opportunity to fight. Takes a lot of time, energy, and earning potential out of his body for absolutely zilch...

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whichever way this substance got into Saunders body should be irrelevant.
    They need to be rock solid against any performance enhancing substance and ban anyone with anything illegal in their system.
    Professional athletes/trainers must know what's what in this day and age.
    You can't ban one Athlete but not another for having the same drug in their system.
    He'll get away with this because the rules say he will but he's able to train & recover better than a clean fighter by using stimulants again because the rules say he can.
    VADA are a fucking JOKE and in effect encouraging fighters to take PED substances
    Because it's "ok" as long as it doesn't "flag up" on the day of the fight.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    They need to be rock solid against any performance enhancing substance and ban anyone with anything illegal in their system.
    You can't ban one Athlete but not another for having the same drug in their system.
    He'll get away with this because the rules say he will but he's able to train & recover better than a clean fighter by using stimulants again because the rules say he can.
    VADA are a fucking JOKE and in effect encouraging fighters to take PED substances
    The UKAD at the ones saying its ok out of competition, I think it's completely banned by VADA.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn’t mean to make any comments on geography, it just must suck so much for the guy who puts in a full training camp, then loses the whole opportunity to fight. Takes a lot of time, energy, and earning potential out of his body for absolutely zilch...
    Sorry, that part about UKAD having no say, was just another thought I was having.

Needs to be some sort of compensation.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    The UKAD at the ones saying its ok out of competition, I think it's completely banned by VADA.

Official VADA rules -
    Oxilofrine (a stimulant) is named as the culprit, which is on the VADA watchlist but is stated by official rules must be flagged on the day of the fight.

So as long as they're "made aware" by fight day and believe your story (accidental) your ok to fight.?

What also amazed me is that there's two anti doping outfits here with conflicting views on what substances are banned and what substances are ok.

It's such a grey area it's a Joke and more so in combat sports where the risks to the clean fighter are massive.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I gotta say for as much of a cunt as BJS is turning out to be I don't think that he would take PEDS, at the same time though, as I said with Canelo (who I think would take PEDS) he is a professional athlete earning millions, there isn't any excuse for it.

12 months ago I would have been screaming for him to be banned but a precedent has been set by Canelo which says it alright to be caught

Thread Information