Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Valero to train with Barrera!

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...ZzicgXmMN.html

All I can say is WTFFFFFF!!!!! eL iNCA is P4P one of the most devestating punchers in boxing and if MAB has him to spar with,it's going to be a big big boost even if it's merely for the fact that he's shouthpaw and has HUGE power. The odds on this fight just got closer but I still favour Manny. Edwin also denied he was disfigured in the knife attack and will train in Mexico with MAB! Wow,great move by MAB's campp if it's true!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Valero to train with Barrera!

Kewl info Gamo. Cc!

No way Valero can simulate Pac's style eventhough they're both southpaw. Pac moves his head a lot, has great lateral moves with BLISTERING SPEED, and can throw 1300 quality punches in full 12 rounds.

Valero is like Vic Darchinyan. He is damn slow and has lazy jabs. Always relying on one big shot.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft
    Kewl info Gamo. Cc!

No way Valero can simulate Pac's style eventhough they're both southpaw. Pac moves his head a lot, has great lateral moves with BLISTERING SPEED, and can throw 1300 quality punches in full 12 rounds.

Valero is like Vic Darchinyan. He is damn slow and has lazy jabs. Always relying on one big shot.
    The big shots are the ones that gave MAB problems in the first fight. I think it is an excellent choice to have Valero as a sparring partner, as
    long as he is also sparring with a southpaw that does volume punches as well.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    Kewl info Gamo. Cc!

The big shots are the ones that gave MAB problems in the first fight. I think it is an excellent choice to have Valero as a sparring partner, as
    Now this is what I meant by Valero as slow but can punch like a mofo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPkQa3LygAw

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC back PSL,although I totally disagree. Valero has,when he chooses to display it,excellent lateral movement and punch fpr punch,hits harder than Manny but Manny makes up for it,as you said,with numbers. For pure power,the weird southpaw angles, I think Valero is an excellent choice! I hope someone,somewhere can put up vids of the sessions,they would be great to watch! Also,Valero is excellent at countering and making angles to set up his power shots.

Kewl info Gamo. Cc!

Agree KS bro!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    CC back PSL,although I totally disagree. Valero has,when he chooses to display it,excellent lateral movement and punch fpr punch,hits harder than Manny but Manny makes up for it,as you said,with numbers. For pure power,the weird southpaw angles, I think Valero is an excellent choice! I hope someone,somewhere can put up vids of the sessions,they would be great to watch! Also,Valero is excellent at countering and making angles to set up his power shots.

Kewl info Gamo. Cc!

Agree KS bro!

Give Valero good footwork, speed, and stamina,.. and that would make him a PERFECT sparring partner for MAB.

Edwin can help toughen MAB's chin by giving him facial calluses. (kiddin')

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kewl info Gamo. Cc!

Now this is what I meant by Valero as slow but can punch like a mofo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPkQa3LygAw

after seeing this vid, still im not impressed that valero should be sparring against MAB. valero, in most ways will never resemble pac. first of all, valero is like the old pac.. 1-2 kind of fighter but only slower. valero has no head movement and no footwork.all he does is stalk his opponent, sets his jab up following with the left straight. by looking at the video, he was not even cutting off his oponnent from going to his left and he leaves a lazy jab that even barerra could counter with a five punch combo. valero has power but if you're only throwing 3 @ a time, you'll never make barerra work and simulate a fight with manny pac. pac is not a one punch fighter, he is a two handed punisher that can also crack. making MAB spar with valero to simulate a pac fight will just make MAB slower come fight night. IMO
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kewl info Gamo. Cc!

NO way is Valero like Vic...........Vic was unorthodox as fuck.......Valero, though flawed is much more of a boxer.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Valero reminds me so much of the OLD, unpolished Pac (without the speed of hand and foot). Theres no way he could posibly resemble today's Pac IMO
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Valero may be slower than Pacquaio but no superfeatherweight fighter comes close to Pacquaio in terms of power than Valero.

Valero is the best choice there is for MAB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee
    Valero may be slower than Pacquaio but no superfeatherweight fighter comes close to Pacquaio in terms of power than Valero.

ok, maybe valero punches harder than pac.but you cant train for only one aspect. pacquiao has speed, movement, defense and power. how can mab train to deal with only pacs power? how would that be the best choice for MAB sparring with a power punching stiff to prepare to fight against a whirlwind like pac?
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You don't train for a fight with Pac.....you just visit the pub and the church often hoping for answers. Obviously MAB is the sacrificial lamb here for a last buck....anyone that doesn't see that didn't watch the first fight.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee

CC good posting although Valero,being the natural at the weight,packs more power imo.And like I said,Valero knows how to use foot movement in intelligent and subtle ways which in turn allows more openings to land power shots. This will help MAB but I still favour Manny,his speed will be too much as will his relentlesness

ICB Guest

I don't see why some people are disagreeing there is no one with similar style of Pacquiao but this is still a good sparring partner who is southpaw and can bang yes he doesn't have Pac's speed or headmovement but there isn't really anyone else so this is good choice for Barrera camp.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    I don't see why some people are disagreeing there is no one with similar style of Pacquiao but this is still a good sparring partner who is southpaw and can bang yes he doesn't have Pac's speed or headmovement but there isn't really anyone else so this is good choice for Barrera camp.
    I agree ICB. This is kindof like Oscar trying to find a sparring partner to fight Floyd.....you are never going to find someone EXACTLY like them, but the help you out alot, they don't have to be. Edwin is a very good fighter, although flawed. His flaws will not prevent Barrerra from gettting use of him.
    BBUUUTT... The only way that Valero gets Barrerra a Win is if Barrerra and Valero are both allowed to fight Pac at the same time..

Thread Information