Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Those Little things

Muscular Nuerons there adaptabilty, your thoughts.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Those Little things

Looks like I'll be doing isometrics too to get faster muscles.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/John/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]http://www.athleticquickness.com/page.asp?page_id=15

There's some other research on reaction times regarding isometrics, if I remember correctly, and I'll see if I can find it sometime.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    Muscular Nuerons there adaptabilty, your thoughts.
    I think that the muscles and joints have to get ready for the movement, otherwise it can cause an imbalance when the body tries to adapt to the movement. That's one reason why stretching and preparation is important. That way in terms of adaptability your muscles are more suited for the movement. After that it's about proper technique and developing good habits and muscle memory.
    Last edited by Chris Nagel; 10-27-2009 at 12:21 AM.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why I ask, its become a Hobby for the last 10 years. Playing around with the Body, sometimes mine mostly others. Making up with reason I hope to solve Biomechanical problems of others.Theres always underlying form that causes movement to be wrong, most of the time its the job you have, that causes the inbalance, plus bad technical practice anyway carry on

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nagel View Post
    I think that the muscles and joints have to get ready for the movement, otherwise it can cause an imbalance when the body tries to adapt to the movement.
    Just recently I saw a report saying that having a strong stomach is not always good for the back. Many with a bad back did stomach exercises only to make it worse and they got more relief not doing them. The reason is because of imbalance of the other weak muscles. It is best to not just do stomach exercises, but to add in back and sides too so there is a balance.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interestingly, Ive got into multi joint Plyometrics and exercises with resissitance, strange carry on. Funny one Kid today whose iust come back after peforming one said, if anybody saw this and me doing it they would think Im crazy. He is, carry on

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Atgatt most abdominal exercises are working the back, done properly, carry on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've got a question about plyometrics. I know that alot of boxers practise clapping pushups to increase handspeed. At my gym we throw medicine balls to achieve the same result. However, not once have I done any lower body plyometrics at a gym. If one was to not "balance" out their plyometric routine could this knock the proper punching sequence out of sync and make someone more of an arm puncher?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Feet are very sesative things, theres a reason for this study the Big Toe a work of art, how it comunicates with the Oral cavity

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Feet are very sesative things, theres a reason for this study the Big Toe a work of art, how it comunicates with the Oral cavity
    I presume; regarding alignment for balance and power /leading to correct technique?
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats right making with correct form the Firing of the little Buggers I will return, carry on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats right making with correct form the Firing of the little Buggers I will return, carry on
    It comes down to touch and feel. If your 'oral cavity' is over your left knee, then your toe is sending the wrong signals. Your off balance and can not respond as quickly.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

scrapper. How does the theory account for people who seem to be good at picking up physical skills whilst others struggle and don't seem to improve? Whilst I agree sound teaching is important how much of this is a genetic predisposition? How does it account for those annoying swines who used to be called 'athletic' i.e. seemingly good at everything?

Hopefully without sounding like a big head I represented the school in athletics. I was able to train 3 different martial arts at the same time - generally not recommended. I've known people in those classes who looked as if they couldn't tie their own shoelaces. Now I dance. Are we suggesting taking part in anything sporty predisposes me or others like me to be better able to pick up new skills. Or was it because for that my last two generations have been sporty people?

I think you need to clarify what you mean by adaptibility? Because that could mean I wasted this post for nothing

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nagel View Post
    It comes down to touch and feel. If your 'oral cavity' is over your left knee, then your toe is sending the wrong signals. Your off balance and can not respond as quickly.

hence lopping of big toes to stop slaves running off (or so I read).

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Missy teriffic post. its something for years fasinated me. Theres been a lot of paths Ive been down. How far can memory be traced. A freind of mine has trangressed peoples memory back a Thousand years under Hypnosis, as He says its not them. I always had my doubts to be honest a sceptic , but observing some stuff Im open minded. Pscychodynamics I believe plays a major part in our informative years, the saying you can take the Boy out of the Ghetto but not the Ghetto out of the Boy, rings true in a lot of cases not all. Nature over Nuture which is it, a bit of both, In fairness the Ghettos we know now are a pretty new thing in the realm of things, and I would argue you dont know the Genology of those who by chance end up there. Anyway for a number of years been working away on something that keeps getting results with anybody some of it old, lots of it new. Been down a lot of blind alleys trying to get people Faster Fitter and Flexable. Setting the muscle memory to the action. carry on my finger wants a Rest

Thread Information