Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What is your favourite boxing style..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What is your favourite boxing style..

What is your favourite boxing style and why..?

Every boxer is on the list..choose your favourite style and explain why you love it so much.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What is your favourite boxing style..

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    What is your favourite boxing style and why..?

Every boxer is on the list..choose your favourite style and explain why you love it so much.
    A box puncher mate.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't have a favorite style. But I have a favorite aspect. Skill. I get bored as can be watching clubbers wail away at each other. But if one makes the other reach and nails him I'm enthralled. Take advantage of position to neutralize the opponent. Fascinating.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Love different boxing styles Julio Cesar Chavez highly skilled aggression, Terry Norris footwork and speedy combinations, Tyson's hand speed, lightning combination and power, Cobra Curry efficient and smooth boxing skills.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like well rounded, true professionals who can punch and have killer instinct. I also enjoy pure boxers with great defensive skills. Specific favorite fighters:

Well rounded: Marvin Hagler, BHOP, James Toney, Mike McAllum, Loma, Evander Holyfield

Pure boxers: Sweet Pea, Floyd, Rigo (yes, I actually enjoy and admire his skill in the ring)

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do like a merciless walk in slugger with big power .
    Khaosai Galaxy , Edwin Valero , John Mugabi.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    I like well rounded, true professionals who can punch and have killer instinct. I also enjoy pure boxers with great defensive skills. Specific favorite fighters:

Well rounded: Marvin Hagler, BHOP, James Toney, Mike McAllum, Loma, Evander Holyfield

Pure boxers: Sweet Pea, Floyd, Rigo (yes, I actually enjoy and admire his skill in the ring)
    My favourite pure boxer would be Oba Carr but I did like the Brendon Ingle gym style where Herol Graham mastered the unauthodox hands down hard to hit style that Naz made famous.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

My favourite pure boxer would be Oba Carr but I did like the Brendon Ingle gym style where Herol Graham mastered the unauthodox hands down hard to hit style that Naz made famous.
    Graham was sooooooooo clever. He was like Benitez in that he had defense in his DNA, it came natural to them. They had a "radar" that allowed them to move just enough for the punch to miss, and do it in various ways: slight shift of the upper body, slight bend, quarter step in a direction...etc. Graham was making a prime Julian Jackson look foolish/amateurish in the ring before getting clipped by a perfect shot. No one has ever handled Jackson like that in his prime. McAllum stopped him, but Julian hD been beating Mike from pillar to post. GMan out willed him after two back and forth wars. Graham completely outclassed him for numerous rounds...

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Graham was sooooooooo clever. He was like Benitez in that he had defense in his DNA, it came natural to them. They had a "radar" that allowed them to move just enough for the punch to miss, and do it in various ways: slight shift of the upper body, slight bend, quarter step in a direction...etc. Graham was making a prime Julian Jackson look foolish/amateurish in the ring before getting clipped by a perfect shot. No one has ever handled Jackson like that in his prime. McAllum stopped him, but Julian hD been beating Mike from pillar to post. GMan out willed him after two back and forth wars. Graham completely outclassed him for numerous rounds...
    If Graham did not lose that point against McCallum for turning him around he would not have lost the fight. Mike said that was his toughest fight.

Thread Information