Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default matthew hall vs anthony small

ok so there the chief support on the khan kotelnik undercard. its a potential show stealer so who u picking. i watched the recent head to head press conference and there was alot of heat between them with small winding up hall i thought hall was gonna chin him. anyway its hyped this fight up a little more for me. ive gotta go with hall by stoppage, i think he catches up with small in the later rounds. as u probably no ive got high hopes for hall, i rate him very highly. whos ur pick

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: matthew hall vs anthony small

Looking forward to this.

I can't split them. Hall wins on a formline through Pryce but obviously that wont have much bearing. Think Small's unorthodox style might give him the upperhand early-ish, although I don't expect a long fight.

Pretty sure someone will get stopped.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im pretty pally with Matthew Hall so maybe im a little bias, but Ive been watching Smalls biggest fights recently Pryce,Wrght.Takaloo and Cruiel. For me Small always ends up in a fight , basically loosing the advantages he has i.e his long arms his movement etc etc, against most off his opponents for one reason or antoher he has come out on top except the Pryce fight when he was decided to get into a scrap, he does that with Hall he will get knocked out.

I have been talking to Small's trainer on Facebook and he keeps saying to me hows Hall going to win with his small little arms and his one dimensional style, and yes i think Small has the physical attributes to win this fight and if he decided to use his reach and boxing skills it would probably be a comfortable fight, but Small never sticks to them tactics and always ends up having a scrap, like I say i watched all his bigger fights and he always ends up having a toe to toe battle, which is why i lean towards Hall stopping him in the 7th or 8th round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Im pretty pally with Matthew Hall so maybe im a little bias, but Ive been watching Smalls biggest fights recently Pryce,Wrght.Takaloo and Cruiel. For me Small always ends up in a fight , basically loosing the advantages he has i.e his long arms his movement etc etc, against most off his opponents for one reason or antoher he has come out on top except the Pryce fight when he was decided to get into a scrap, he does that with Hall he will get knocked out.

I have been talking to Small's trainer on Facebook and he keeps saying to me hows Hall going to win with his small little arms and his one dimensional style, and yes i think Small has the physical attributes to win this fight and if he decided to use his reach and boxing skills it would probably be a comfortable fight, but Small never sticks to them tactics and always ends up having a scrap, like I say i watched all his bigger fights and he always ends up having a toe to toe battle, which is why i lean towards Hall stopping him in the 7th or 8th round.
    i agree, small can cause problems if he boxes on the outside, even if small does fight the right fight i still think hall catches up to him later on. if small wants to brawl even better, either way i think small gets KTFO. whats matthew like skel he seems a tough old customer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hes a really top lad Paddy, bit of a nutter when he gets going like!! Loves his football plays for the best sunday league team in Manchester really good team, just a normal young bloke really likes to have a laugh, really hard worker in the gym.

Proper confident with this fight which you expect, he was really down after the Conception defeat especailly after Warren fucked him off he was struggling to get any promoter any fights but the Hope fight was the turning point if he would of lost that fight I think his career could of well been over, but he has really been putting the hard work in and you can see since the Conception defeat ( blessing in disguise imo) he has more or less knocked everyone out and has never looked better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hes a really top lad Paddy, bit of a nutter when he gets going like!! Loves his football plays for the best sunday league team in Manchester really good team, just a normal young bloke really likes to have a laugh, really hard worker in the gym.

Proper confident with this fight which you expect, he was really down after the Conception defeat especailly after Warren fucked him off he was struggling to get any promoter any fights but the Hope fight was the turning point if he would of lost that fight I think his career could of well been over, but he has really been putting the hard work in and you can see since the Conception defeat ( blessing in disguise imo) he has more or less knocked everyone out and has never looked better.
    thanks for the info skel nice one mate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

do you no no anything about him havin a fall out with joe calzaghe, i read it somewhere not too long ago mate

ICB Guest

Well i've only seen Matthew Hall once when he destroyed Bradley Pryce, which was impressive because Bradley Pryce is no mug. But then i looked at his record, and see he lost to Martin Concepcion.

And i think to myself how the hell did he lose to him, if he looked so impressive against a better opponent aka Bradley Pryce ? I have seen Anthony Small a few times and he reminds me of a very poor mans, version of Roy Jones Jr.

He has looked good at times, but when he was in a war against Bradley Pryce. He seemed to fade quite badly, so im just wondering if he's got the heart for a real hard battle, but it should be entertaining im not really sure who to go with.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Well i've only seen Matthew Hall once when he destroyed Bradley Pryce, which was impressive because Bradley Pryce is no mug. But then i looked at his record, and see he lost to Martin Concepcion.

And i think to myself how the hell did he lose to him, if he looked so impressive against a better opponent aka Bradley Pryce ? I have seen Anthony Small a few times and he reminds me of a very poor mans, version of Roy Jones Jr.

He has looked good at times, but when he was in a war against Bradley Pryce. He seemed to fade quite badly, so im just wondering if he's got the heart for a real hard battle, but it should be entertaining im not really sure who to go with.
    Whats your evaluation of Concepcion Ice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by paddy448 View Post

do you no no anything about him havin a fall out with joe calzaghe, i read it somewhere not too long ago mate

Hahaha!! Yes mate that was ringisde at the Kerry Hope fight, basically it was Matty being emotional, Calzaghe was ringside obviously cheering on his gym mate Hope and they were both having a bit of banter. After the fight like i said Matty was just obvioulsy high as a kite understandable as he was penciled in to fight Hope by Warren to basically give Hope a test as everyone thought Matty had been exposed and he was finished but he went to Wales did a job on Hope, then offered Calzaghe out after the fight hahaha, but it was something or nothing really just a bit of heat of the moment.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post

Seen him a few times against Alfonso Gomez, Bradley Pryce, ETC. He's an ok fighter but i didn't think he was that good to be honest. Thats why when i see Matthew Hall beat Bradley Pryce in impressive fashion.

I was quite suprised he lost to Martin Concepcion. Now i haven't seen the fight but whether it was a bad night at the office. Or whatever he must of improved leaps and bounds since then, because i can't see the Matthew Hall of today, losing to Martin Concepcion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seen him a few times against Alfonso Gomez, Bradley Pryce, ETC. He's an ok fighter but i didn't think he was that good to be honest. Thats why when i see Matthew Hall beat Bradley Pryce in impressive fashion.

I was quite suprised he lost to Martin Concepcion. Now i haven't seen the fight but whether it was a bad night at the office. Or whatever he must of improved leaps and bounds since then, because i can't see the Matthew Hall of today, losing to Martin Concepcion.

Well dissopinting night that one, question marks still about Matthews chin, heres the fight personally I think he got caught cold and didnt recover, some people say it was stopped too early. I think in a rematch you would see a lot different fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnmU0Xplh3g

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow just watched it agin for first time in a while and that was a dodgy stoppage that, much to early if you ask me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ICB Guest

Well dissopinting night that one, question marks still about Matthews chin, heres the fight personally I think he got caught cold and didnt recover, some people say it was stopped too early. I think in a rematch you would see a lot different fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnmU0Xplh3g
    Thanks for this mate i'll watch it now and let you know my opinion.

Thread Information