Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The Ashes 2009

Anyone else cant wait for this??

Australia bringing over to england the weakest side theyve brought over in a good 20 years and the golden age of mcgrath, warne, waughs etc is well and truly over.

But as weak as australia have tended to get over the last 12months england just seem to be going further and further backwards and despite the 2-0 series win over the west indies, australia remain firm favourites to retain the ashes.

players to look out for this summer:

England -
    Stuart Broad - best young prospect we`ve had for years now
    Kevin Pietersen - if big kev gets going the aussies will struggle bad
    Andrew Flintoff - does freddy still have it left in the tank? forget all this all rounder bollocks flintoff is now exclusively a strike bowler who`ll get runs lower down the order. But he`s still our best bowler

Australia -
    Ricky Ponting - As ever ponting will be the highest run scorer in the series
    Phil Hughes - Looks a natural opener, such a shame though we`ve once again made the mistake of allowing aussie players to come over here pre-ashes and get a feel of the pitches.
    Brett Lee - Question marks over his fitness, on his day aussies best hope of getting 5fors!

my prediction:
    A battling 2-1 win for australia that sees it go down right to the wire
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Ashes 2009

One of the few sports that I have absolutely zero interest in - And we are gonna get ruined

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Aussies are coming off the back of a test series win in South Africa and I think they won the one dayers too?

They'll be tidy make no mistake.

We need Pieterson firing and a 100% fit Flintoff. We'll be pretty evenly matched I reckon.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no interest either - cricket is one sport I don't get

A visiting American summed it up a few years ago when I overheard him in a pub debate saying "whats all that about - five days and no winner "

bag of shite
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andrew Flintoff is the most over rated player i have ever seen one ashes series in 2005 doesnt make you a world beator, hes not good enough to carry Bothams jock strap, supposed to be an all rounder but hes shit at batting, pretty good bowler, but has never really done it with the bat.

Auzzies will destroy us, its all well and good scoring centurys against the west indies but lets se Bopara and the rest against the Aussies, Pieterson is the only player who is genuine world class the other players would struggle to get in any other top international team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not much into cricket...but i dont mind the Ashes. We arent what we used to be but i still think we shall win. Our pride wont let us lose to the poms AGAIN, fuck the last time we played you guys in England we got fucked up badly.

All i got to say on this matter is

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI !!!
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by snakey View Post
    Not much into cricket...but i dont mind the Ashes. We arent what we used to be but i still think we shall win. Our pride wont let us lose to the poms AGAIN, fuck the last time we played you guys in England we got fucked up badly.

All i got to say on this matter is

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI !!!
    Im not the biggest Cricket fan i take in intrest from a far but that last Ashes in England mate was something else, and i wouldnt say we fucked you up it was very close and competitve, fucking someone up was what you did back in Australia in 2007 .

Its shit the Ashes is not on Terrestrial TV other here, as its one of the biggest sporting events along with Wimbledon the World Cup The Golf Open etc etc in the Uk.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    One of the few sports that I have absolutely zero interest in - And we are gonna get ruined
    We can sit and watch grass grow together then.

(they should of burnt the bat and the ball too).
    Last edited by Andre; 05-30-2009 at 07:36 AM.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Andrew Flintoff is the most over rated player i have ever seen one ashes series in 2005 doesnt make you a world beator
    Obviously never heard of Graham Hick or Martin Hague?

Flintoffs been plagued with injury pretty much since 2005. He was reaching his peak then and gave one of the greatest sides in history more than they could cope with. I think that qualifies you for world beater status.

Flintoff isnt an allrounder, never really has been, he's a strike bowler who can make a few quick runs down the order.

Australia or any other team for that matter would much rather take on a Flintoffless England. Thats how good Flintoff is, or was.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Andrew Flintoff is the most over rated player i have ever seen one ashes series in 2005 doesnt make you a world beator

Flintoffs been plagued with injury pretty much since 2005. He was reaching his peak then and gave one of the greatest sides in history more than they could cope with. I think that qualifies you for world beater status.

Flintoff isnt an allrounder, never really has been, he's a strike bowler who can make a few quick runs down the order.

Australia or any other team for that matter would much rather take on a Flintoffless England. Thats how good Flintoff is, or was.
    ]

Graham Hick and Martin Hague? There nowhere near WorldClass, Flintoff is good player but he is classed as some amazing player which he is not, hes verages in both forms are exactly that average. He played great in 2005, but has gone missing in most other big events,i.e 2007 Ashes.

Flintoff would be a bonus in the team becasue England are shit, but whatim saying is i Never seen any cricketer who gets so much praise when if you look closely at his actull stats there very basic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Must agree, the last time England won the ashes Flintoff was key. I dont know shit all about cricket but i know Flintoff is dangerous.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post

]

Graham Hick and Martin Hague? There nowhere near WorldClass, Flintoff is good player but he is classed as some amazing player which he is not, hes verages in both forms are exactly that average. He played great in 2005, but has gone missing in most other big events,i.e 2007 Ashes.

Flintoff would be a bonus in the team becasue England are shit, but whatim saying is i Never seen any cricketer who gets so much praise when if you look closely at his actull stats there very basic.
    Exactly, but both were offered up as some kind of saviour of English cricket. Hick got found out by the Windies (no arsehole) and Hague was a fat bloke who kidded lots of people into believing he was a world class quick.

Flintoff did it at the very highest level against one of the best teams in cricket history, its a shame injury robbed him of the chance to move on from there. The impact he had in 2005 wasnt a fluke, he really was that good.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Should be an interesting series but it's not cricket season here so wont attract too much attention unless we lose badly. We were not expected to beat South Africa in the test series after they handed our asses to us here at home last tour. But they did well to win the test series i south africa. The aussies went down in the one day series though where we were expected to win as we won that on the last tour here by south africa following the loss in the Test series. Australia and South Africa are the two top sides at both forms of the game at the moment so England will get a chance to see how they compare to one of the two top sides.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone remember the edgbaston test when australia needed 2 runs to win the match and kasprowitz gloved one to the wicket keeper??

Cricket is hardly a working mans sport but even i remember being down the gym the last day of the final test and seeing men, women and children stood around the tv screens biting their nails!!

that was some fucking series!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    Anyone remember the edgbaston test when australia needed 2 runs to win the match and kasprowitz gloved one to the wicket keeper??

Cricket is hardly a working mans sport but even i remember being down the gym the last day of the final test and seeing men, women and children stood around the tv screens biting their nails!!

that was some fucking series!!

Totally agree mate amazing series that one, i dotn think we will ever see anything like that again.

Thread Information