Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Froch vs ward aftertthoughts

I find it interesting what goes through a boxers mind other than fist and gloves lol
    Did ward think froch was tough as fuck half way through?
    Was froch thinking of doing gardening whilst marching forward?
    What do you think froch was thinking around round 6,7,8? And vice versa

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch vs ward aftertthoughts

it would be a hard fight to watch again
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch started very slow and Ward was doing very well. He left it well too late and Ward hung in there. Ward clearly won the fight, but he certainly knows Froch isnt a mug. If they fought again, Froch needs to start like he did against Bute, he would have more of a chance of winning then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Froch started very slow and Ward was doing very well. He left it well too late and Ward hung in there. Ward clearly won the fight, but he certainly knows Froch isnt a mug. If they fought again, Froch needs to start like he did against Bute, he would have more of a chance of winning then.
    How do you think a rematch would turn out? Ward was flagging a lot in the late rounds I thought and was quite swollen towards the end.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To beat Ward, you got to hit him Froch has the power but he does not have, the hand speed , Ward is
    no fool he would not stand and trade, with Froch.
    In the past I have said , Carl has trouble with movers Ward, is that and much more and he will be extremely hard to beat. If you want entertainment Froch, if you want boring Ward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that Froch was a bit ill when he fought Ward but I don't think Froch would ever have a chance of beating him. What I did like was when Froch could not nail Ward's head cleanly he went to the body. It annoys the crap out of me when fighters keep head hunting and ending up looking like fools when they miss every time.

I just think Ward is too good for anyone at the moment, although as others are saying, he's boring to watch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Before the fight happnd I said for froch to win a landslide against ward all he had to do was only target the body and not throw even a jab to the head, he would have landed cos up close froch held his own and as he is strong he was able to shrug wards up closeness off. Only target wards body cos it doesn't move like a head does.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward is a better technician than Froch but although I am not a fan of Froch I will say this, he is tough and if he gets the chance it could be a long evening for Ward and his belt will not fit right unless he accelerates and stays out of range and jabs harder because Froch seems to have improved a bit. How much can only be answered by having a rematch. Although it seems like skill verses strength, it takes a great deal of intelligence to be a champ and Ward has to be better in the rematch or else.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dropanuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    How do you think a rematch would turn out? Ward was flagging a lot in the late rounds I thought and was quite swollen towards the end.
    If Froch starts the fight slow like the first fight then I think Ward will win another UD. The only way Froch has a chance is if he goes for it from the start and doesn't get countered so easily. But if he does go for it and throws a lot that could open him up even more to be countered by Ward.

It's a tough one because I don't see Froch outboxing ward, ward really is that good. He did certainly look tired and slowed down dramatically by the later rounds against Froch. So as I said before Froch would have to not give away too many of the early rounds and try and get him out of there later on.

I certainly think Froch looked at his best against Bute, and he doesn't look like he's detoriating at all. He looks better each fight. I just hope he can get another shot at Ward because I think he would do a lot better than last time. But he is 35 now and the rematch couldn't happen for at least another 2-3 fights if it could happen, and Froch could maybe be getting older by that point?

Id love the rematch to happen though, sooner rather than later. Ward fully respects Froch and knows he's the number 2 so hopefully he can give him another shot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anyone think ward would rather stay away from froch?? I mean if froch was mandatory for the WBC or WBA then what??

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anyone think ward would rather stay away from froch?? I mean if froch was mandatory for the WBC or WBA then what??
    No I think he should beat Dawson which won't be an easy fight at all and then see who is the best contender, which may again be Froch. Ward always wanted Bute, so whoever wins the rematch I think they will get a shot at ward.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was surprised how ward was able to slug with Kessler but not with froch?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I find it interesting what goes through a boxers mind other than fist and gloves lol
    Did ward think froch was tough as fuck half way through?
    Was froch thinking of doing gardening whilst marching forward?
    What do you think froch was thinking around round 6,7,8? And vice versa
    Only got round to watching that fight a month or two after it happened, Saw highlight's and read a few bit's in forum's about this fight (too busy sometimes to sit n watch fight's) I tend to catch up on youtube, anyway i set a bit of time aside to watch it...

I was expecting some sensational schooling like a i.e hopkins vs pavlik or calzaghe vs lacy type fight going on what i have read in forum's etc however i was suprised to see it was far from it!

A clear UD for ward no doubt but it certainly was no whitewash, all i saw was the younger/faster man content to rack up another points win, what struck me was that froch actually proved to be the fitter man as ward was f***ed towards the latter part of the fight (he was timewatching and holding to buy time) froch is a man of steel, crazy stamina!

Ward started well, carl began to get back into the fight midway and the latter half was fairly even with froch going for broke and ward sitting back on his laurels..

Ward seem's to switch off and tire a little in the latter part of fight's (he did it vs bika too).

Ward is very good with upright, european style fighter's (predictable guy's like kessler) but how would he cope with the serious workrate or awkward angle's that i.e a calzaghe would pose!

One could argue that the wear n tear of froch's previous escapades and his style of fighting played a part in this fight not to mention he is mid 30's now and fight's worldwide! The froch that beat pascal would have maybe given ward an even tougher time imo....that being said i think ward's speed and physicality would always make me favour him over froch.

I have so much respect for froch it's unreal. So happy when he won his 3rd belt.

Thread Information