easy rd for cloud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: CLOUD is ABOUT TO DESTROY GLEN JOHNSON

Johnson in his prime would smash this guy, just depends what his stmaina is like he looks a bit soft still think he can win this fight late.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn this is phonebooth trading Johnson punching in between his bursts pretty good

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOOK AT THAT

you cant stop cloud

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i like how they are both grunting with every punch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol 116-112

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm surprised Cloud struggled with Johnson
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am rewatching the fight right now and am watching the fifth round were Johnson was supposedly " badly hurt" I can honestly say I agree with Johnson in his post fight interview. HE said "I was off balance" and I believe him. As the commentaters kept saying he is hurt! he is hurt! Johnson landed two hard shots a right hand and a good left hook to the body that stopped Cloud in his tracks.

Anyway this about that. I thought it was a very good fight but at the end of the night I had it a draw. 8 rounds to 4 for Cloud is absurd IMO. I take nothing away from Cloud he fought a tough rugged battle against a good tough veteran. It's just a shame that Johnson can not squeak out a close desicion against anyone.

So whats next for both fighters? Hopefully if Dawson wins against Pascal we get to have
    a Dawson -Cloud battle.

For Johnson at this point there is nothing left for him unless he could get a geriatric war against B-Hop. I'd say retire Glen you've given us some great battles and memories now move on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Fightfan View Post
    I am rewatching the fight right now and am watching the fifth round were Johnson was supposedly " badly hurt" I can honestly say I agree with Johnson in his post fight interview. HE said "I was off balance" and I believe him. As the commentaters kept saying he is hurt! he is hurt! Johnson landed two hard shots a right hand and a good left hook to the body that stopped Cloud in his tracks.

Anyway this about that. I thought it was a very good fight but at the end of the night I had it a draw. 8 rounds to 4 for Cloud is absurd IMO. I take nothing away from Cloud he fought a tough rugged battle against a good tough veteran. It's just a shame that Johnson can not squeak out a close desicion against anyone.

So whats next for both fighters? Hopefully if Dawson wins against Pascal we get to have
    a Dawson -Cloud battle.

For Johnson at this point there is nothing left for him unless he could get a geriatric war against B-Hop. I'd say retire Glen you've given us some great battles and memories now move on.
    Agreed I did the same rewatched the fight and Johnson was really never hurt as bad as it looked the first time, I thought he was in real trouble first time around but Johnson really was off balance....he was stung a bit don't make any mistakes but on the verge of being stopped NO.....The only reason why Cloud even won that fight was Johnsons stamina...he looked soft coming in and gained 19lbs over night that tells a lot especially with a guy at 41....

IMO Johnson has been the apitamy of what a fighter should be in his career...He never avoided a fight, even when he was robbed he kept his complaints to a minimum...He always improved as his career wnet on...he never took the easy road even when he could have,,,,he has always been a true gentleman,,,,It is time to hang it up though....

Again

Great battles aND GREAT memories it is time to move on....Glen johnson has nothing to prove NOTHING and is HOF worthy

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

just re-watched both fights, and i had Johnson winning it by 2 points, landed more, was able to drop Cloud's work rate, and made Cloud fight his fight, it was a good fight and another gutsy performance who has fought the best at 175, Johnson is our eras Dwight Muhammad Qawi, although his record might not look too fancy at first glance there is no doubt that he is a HOF worthy fighter

as for the Alexander fight, it was close but i had Alexander winning clearly, also i was shocked that Alexander didn't complain about how much Kotelnik kept intentionally stepping on his lead foot, it was especially obvious from the 2nd round on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    just re-watched both fights, and i had Johnson winning it by 2 points, landed more, was able to drop Cloud's work rate, and made Cloud fight his fight, it was a good fight and another gutsy performance who has fought the best at 175, Johnson is our eras Dwight Muhammad Qawi, although his record might not look too fancy at first glance there is no doubt that he is a HOF worthy fighter

as for the Alexander fight, it was close but i had Alexander winning clearly, also i was shocked that Alexander didn't complain about how much Kotelnik kept intentionally stepping on his lead foot, it was especially obvious from the 2nd round on
    You serious? Alexander won clearly? No fucking chance, Alexander throwing punches and not landing don' t win you rounds watched it again just now and Kotlenik was robbed I gave Alexander 4 rounds. Alexander was throwing shots that were not landing Kotelnik landed way more shots and all his shots were much more damging than Alexanders, he got a gfift last night, just because he was throwing tippy tappy one two's at elbows and gloves don't win you rounds.

116-112 Kotelnik for me clear win.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post

You serious? Alexander won clearly? No fucking chance, Alexander throwing punches and not landing don' t win you rounds watched it again just now and Kotlenik was robbed I gave Alexander 4 rounds. Alexander was throwing shots that were not landing Kotelnik landed way more shots and all his shots were much more damging than Alexanders, he got a gfift last night, just because he was throwing tippy tappy one two's at elbows and gloves don't win you rounds.

i guess we'll have to agree to disagree, i've already seen it twice and i had the fight 115-113 for Alexander, he outworked Kotelnik, used better movement and broke through his guard more than you give him credit for

and this is coming from a completely neutral stand point, not really a fan of either guy, i've said it before i'll say it now Bradley beats everyone at 140

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i guess we'll have to agree to disagree, i've already seen it twice and i had the fight 115-113 for Alexander, he outworked Kotelnik, used better movement and broke through his guard more than you give him credit for

and this is coming from a completely neutral stand point, not really a fan of either guy, i've said it before i'll say it now Bradley beats everyone at 140
    Yes we will I think it was one of the robberies of the year so far for me, Alexander was hardly landing anything for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wont say Alexander lost because he built up an early lead but I agree he was not landing as it seemed...He lost the battle of the jabs BIG compubox stated that much....In a rematch IMO Kotelnik would win by wide UD...Add the fact all 3 judges were rookies in title fights and the fact this was Alexanders homecoming party.....No Sir I wont say he lost the fight in a points sense but he sure as hell did not win either

Thread Information