Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HBO's "Countdown to Delahoya-Mayorga" is a joke!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default HBO's "Countdown to Delahoya-Mayorga" is a joke!!

Just watched this nonsense again. I love how they're portraying Mayorga as "the former gang leader who rose from a hard life". Gimme a break!! This seems so scripted it's ridiculous. And the "fight" they almost got into was very WWF-ish. All they needed was Vince McMahon and a steel cage.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: HBO's "Countdown to Delahoya-Mayorga" is a joke!!

mayorga grew up in a shit poor country...

waht i fing more rediculous is how they say ODH grew up in the tough california neghborhoods... BS that kid was pampered

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it was alright

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scripted? I don't thiknk so, nothing Mayorga does is scripted, and he slapped Oscar for real. And they touted Vargas as some baddest dude, Vargas ducked Mayorga and decided to fight a 147 pound Shane Mosley and lost so thats how "bad" he is.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes
    Scripted? I don't thiknk so, nothing Mayorga does is scripted, and he slapped Oscar for real. And they touted Vargas as some baddest dude, Vargas ducked Mayorga and decided to fight a 147 pound Shane Mosley and lost so thats how "bad" he is.
    Hell yeah, you go girl! Have a CC. Mayorga is a legit bad ass and former gang leader, thats no BS. Oscar has never been in a fight outside the ring in his life, or so he claims. How the hell is that possible? Every body gets in at least one fight in their lives if they got any balls. I mean otherwise you are just gonna have to take shat and back down at some point.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats because Oscar always talked his way out of it. It's too bad he couldn't talk when Mayorga slapped the back of his head. Notice in the first staredown of the program, Oscar tries to feint at Mayorga to get him to flinch.. and Mayorga doesn't take a step backward.. he takes a step forward though, which shows he isn't scared. Oscar may be. But I do NOT KNOW WHO TO PICK!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't insult HBO, if i were you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A quote from Mayorga v Delahoya press conference

" Tell your wife to screw you before the fight so you don't take a dive like you did in the hopkins ight you faggott!! "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar's comeback was better. Mayorga said "You're such a pretty boy. You're as pretty as my wife". To which Oscar replied, "Your wife's not that pretty"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this was the biggest joke for hyping up a fight. They pretty much were questioning oscar's whole career. from running in Tito's fight to supposedly taking a dive in Hopkin's fight. from losing concentration in boxing by recording an album to promoting other fighters fights.

Usually this countdown documentaries pump you up for the fight and sparks the anticipation. I confess that I wasn't going to buy Vargas-Mosley but watching the countdown pumped me up and I bought the fight which turned out to be a good one

But how can this one compel someone who is not a mainstream fan to buy the fight. The only reason I will be buying the fight is because it is one of Oscar's last ones.
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chamiley
    this was the biggest joke for hyping up a fight. They pretty much were questioning oscar's whole career. from running in Tito's fight to supposedly taking a dive in Hopkin's fight. from losing concentration in boxing by recording an album to promoting other fighters fights.

Usually this countdown documentaries pump you up for the fight and sparks the anticipation. I confess that I wasn't going to buy Vargas-Mosley but watching the countdown pumped me up and I bought the fight which turned out to be a good one

But how can this one compel someone who is not a mainstream fan to buy the fight. The only reason I will be buying the fight is because it is one of Oscar's last ones.
    IT IS HIS LAST FIGHT.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LarryMerchant
    I wouldn't insult HBO, if i were you.
    What's up Larry? Drank any good booze today? Who do you pick? I'm going with Mayorga by Ko.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because you want to see if Oscar still has it.. if he can put it together one more time, and if Mayorga's desire and will.. can defeat Oscar's experience and skill hehe rhyme.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought they hyped it up pretty good. Personally I can't wait for this one!

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk

IT IS HIS LAST FIGHT.
    Hulk, I know you're a HUGE Mayorga fan but your boy doesn't stand a chance! If Tito couldn't KO ODH, if it too 8 rounds for Hopkins to do it, it's gonna take more than what Mayorga has.

Oscar likes fighting brawlers, he picks them apart!

I do still want to see Mayorga-Vargas just because it would be no a holds barred bad ass brawl...those guys would have a Gatti-Ward-esque brawl. Loads of heart!

Thread Information