Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Greatest come from behind K.O.s

Nothing creates more excitement or exhilaration in the sport of boxing than the come from behind K.O. There is something extremely pleasing and powerful in watching a fighter battle through adversity, show mental toughness, and snatch victory out of the jaws of defeat. My top come from behind K.O.s are:

1. Jorge Castro vs John Dvid Jackson: Unbelievable knockout by a guy with both eyes swollen shut, suffering from exhaustion and being thoroughly outclassed in the ring (hadn't won a minute of any of the previous nine rounds). Going in for the kill while Castro was on the ropes Jackson forgot about defense only for a second, but that was long enough for Jorge to land the monster left hook and secure the victory.
    2. George Foreman vs Michael Moorer: The most historically significant on my list, George was outboxed by Moorer, who up until the last few seconds had put on a masterful display of boxing. George was beaten and swollen in the tenth, needing a miracle knockout to win the title from the much younger Moorer. Showing great ring intelligence and patience, Foreman set Moorer up for that miracle punch, landing a huge right hand and separating Moorer from his senses and title.
    3. Julian Jackson vs Herol Graham: Jackson had his eye shut in the fourth after being thoroughly outclassed by slick boxing Graham. Jackson fought with desperation but was exhausted and an easy target for Graham for most of the fourth. Jackson knew he needed a miracle, and that Graham would win by stoppage if he could make it to the end of the fourth. With less than a minute remaining, Graham set his feet to land a big shot, to which Jackson countered with a desperation, looping shot. Graham was out for minutes after, and Jackson had another one for the highlight reel.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Greatest come from behind K.O.s

Carl Froch v Jermain Taylor

Froch had lost, no time to resurrect it on points, clean KO was the only chance of winning
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Carl Froch v Jermain Taylor

Froch had lost, no time to resurrect it on points, clean KO was the only chance of winning
    Froch did the same with Groves the first time.

Castro v Jackson was truly unbelievable as I was thinking they should stop the fight.

Herol Graham just had to stay away and Jackson would have retired at the end of the round.

JCC v Taylor is the classic one but so was SRL v Hearns.

Rocky Marciano v Walcott.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't think of any that top Castro vs Jackson, as it was so one sided until what was truly a desperation one punch KO. Even Foreman against Moorer, if you watch carefully Foreman was setting him up for a while and getting closer and closer when he did throw the right hand. Leonard hurt Hearns badly a while before the finish, and had totally changed the dynamic of the fight by that point, I don't think that one deserves a mention.

I'd have to watch it again, but seem to remember Gatti vs Ruelas would be up there?

El Kabong Guest

DIEGO CORRALES VS JOSE LUIS CASTILLO

come on fellas, that is up there with the greatest fights of all time, brilliant, brilliant comeback KO

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mike Weaver against Big John Tate.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    DIEGO CORRALES VS JOSE LUIS CASTILLO

come on fellas, that is up there with the greatest fights of all time, brilliant, brilliant comeback KO
    Yeah if you take the last round in itself that's certainly the case(even though I'll always feel the ref botched it giving Corrales so much time), but the entire fight was sustained two way action before that, I was kind of thinking more along the lines of hail marys after having been thoroughly bested kinda thing.

It wasn't just one punch, but John Molina against Mickey Bey is a crazy comeback I watched recently that fits, Chavez Jr almost pulled it out against Martinez for one that almost did.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Castro v Jackson 1 was truly insane and belongs right at the top with others. I remember Jacksons aggression and mentioning being stripped earlier and needing ko to be sure. Just a brutal gory turn around. Foreman v Moorer to this day I think you could almost see the ko coming. Astonishing one and great moment but Forman was making it a point to touch Moorer with exact same one-two a few times, them lowered the boom for history! Carbajal v Gonzalez 1 after Michael was literally rag dolled and being battered. Jeff Harding catching Andries in 12th round of first fight was great. Some reason Ben Tackie comes to mind with Garcia. Mentioned Mercer the other day and he could fit this one. Not great "event but come back ko of Damiani was one of the nastiest you'll see. Ray was getting a lesson in slap boxing all night.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson v Botha a wallop of a right hand.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder v Audley
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

El Kabong Guest

Didn't happen very late in the fight, but Mercer was behind on the cards when he stopped Tommy Morrison

Not a great fight, but a come from behind KO nevertheless David Tua over Fres Oquendo

Shannon 'Let's Go Champ' Briggs over Sergei Liakhovich boring as fuck fight, but at the last minute, boom and it's over

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kendell Holt KOing Ricardo Torres after Torres dropped him twice.

All that happened in like 61 seconds of the first round.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

El Kabong Guest

Joe Louis vs Billy Conn

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Kendell Holt KOing Ricardo Torres after Torres dropped him twice.All that happened in like 61 seconds of the first round.
    Good one. It's a shame both disappeared not too long after.Courtney Burton vs. Ebo Elder was a truly unbelievable one, to flex my boxing nerd memory and muscles.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ukLitMWspsY
    Last edited by Master; 12-03-2016 at 09:46 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hate to say it but Eubank vs Watson..

Thread Information