Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Spicer- "Even Hitler didn't use chemical weapons"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...olocaust-assad

Referring to gas chambers as "Holocaust centres"? I don't think it's so much the offense caused as the stupidity demonstrated.

The "on his own people" is the key giveaway though. The Jew as other, less than is a familiar and age old trope. Seems not to matter if Jews have lived in a country for hundreds of years they are quite easy to hive off and be presented as less than despite often being the very citizens that have helped build the society concerned. Arts, Education, Criminal Justice, Social Welfare, etc
    Last edited by Beanz; 04-12-2017 at 08:34 PM.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Spicer- "Even Hitler didn't use chemical weapons"

in his zeal, he misspoke. it wasnt intentional or racist.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was just Hitler's didn't use them on the feild of battle. He mentioned Hitler's was evil that should make the sog happy

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    in his zeal, he misspoke. it wasnt intentional or racist.
    "Holocaust Centers" you are telling me he could not remember the term "concentration camps" ? He is being paid a lot of money for doing a job that is clearly beyond him. What is it with Trump supporters not being able to see or acknowledge this? It is not as though it is a minor backstage role his entire job relies upon his ability to communicate. If it was a press secretary Olympics Miles would have a field day
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, he's an idiot. The irony of a country having used agent orange, white phosphorous, napalm and nuked others ever lecturing another country on chemical weapons etiquette.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TBH, he should've just left Hitler completely out of the conversation. He's not the only one who, in a rush to condemn other, more recent acts, want to compare them to Hitler. Leave Hitler out of it... you're more than likely going to screw it up somehow.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its usually a good idea to think before you open your trap when in the public eye.

El Kabong Guest

Some people just like taking offense.

Hitler didn't use chemical weapons iindiscriminately he had gas chambers. He didn't gas the Allied forces. Slight difference nothing to lose your mind over

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed that the sense of self-entitlement has taken everybody over over the past 25 years and this is just another excuse to Feign phony outrage. So what if he called them Holocaust Center? he is saying the word holocaust what does everybody think Holocaust means you freaking dimwits? Hardly the end of the world. I agree with Lyle. Give me a break.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't knee-jerk criticize everything Spicer says, just like I don't knee-jerk defend it either. But even bringing Hitler into the conversation, to somehow make Assad seem worse by comparison is asinine. Don't go there... period. I'm sure you can make your point without even mentioning Hitler. That way, no gaffes are made and no controversy ensues.

If you can't objectively criticize and/or praise someone no matter WHAT they say, then your own credibility is shot to begin with.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was just dumb. The minute he started you could see that he knew it was the wrong road to go down but it got away. The minute you bring Hitler in to support or make a case you lose your point and frankly sound like a desperate fool. This is the White House spokesman ffs, you seriously have to be quicker on your feet than that. Who in their right mind even attempts to lessen the actions of Hitler Why. It's just bizarre behavior. Honestly to draw distinction with regards to the civilian deaths either by intentional gas or intentional bombs and bullets I do not get. Hamburg, Tokyo, Hiroshima, Dresden, London all saw civilians targeted. Stalingrad was starved into the stone age. POWs of both allied and axis forces were executed at some point by the others.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    It was just dumb. The minute he started you could see that he knew it was the wrong road to go down but it got away. The minute you bring Hitler in to support or make a case you lose your point and frankly sound like a desperate fool. This is the White House spokesman ffs, you seriously have to be quicker on your feet than that. Who in their right mind even attempts to lessen the actions of Hitler Why. It's just bizarre behavior. Honestly to draw distinction with regards to the civilian deaths either by intentional gas or intentional bombs and bullets I do not get. Hamburg, Tokyo, Hiroshima, Dresden, London all saw civilians targeted. Stalingrad was starved into the stone age. POWs of both allied and axis forces were executed at some point by the others.

Spicer has a pretty tough job. WH press secretary under the Trump administration has to be one of those jobs featured on Discovery Channel's "Dirty Jobs". You have to somehow defend Trump's actions and decisions while holding back the press with a whip and a chair... all the while trying to sound intelligent as you do it. I laid into Spicer right off the bat for stupidly insisting on the Inauguration Day crowd size matter (something insignificant in the grand scheme of things... but still an outright lie)..... but I've also complimented him on his good days. But as I've said before... if we can't call balls and strikes, we got no business being umpires.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

Spicer has a pretty tough job. WH press secretary under the Trump administration has to be one of those jobs featured on Discovery Channel's "Dirty Jobs". You have to somehow defend Trump's actions and decisions while holding back the press with a whip and a chair... all the while trying to sound intelligent as you do it. I laid into Spicer right off the bat for stupidly insisting on the Inauguration Day crowd size matter (something insignificant in the grand scheme of things... but still an outright lie)..... but I've also complimented him on his good days. But as I've said before... if we can't call balls and strikes, we got no business being umpires.
    I yearn for a day when supporters of any politician hold them to standards and call a spade a spade. It's not complicated at all and not a sign of 'giving in' to opposing sides. Also I understand that resumes for the position have been pouring in

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

as asinine as it was, we all agree, there is something else though that has happened to human beings, that is that DESIRE TO BE OFFENDED SO YOU CAN BITCH AND MAKE MOUNTAINS OUT OF MOLE HILLS, ITS A KIND OF GROUP MENTALITY THAT IS IMPORTED FROM CHINA. @TitoFan now THAT is Big League umping

Get 25 millions FUCK FACE TWITS TO TWEET "SPICER SHOULD RESIGN" and the next thing you know MORONS MUCH STUPIDER THAN SPICER will enact a "change" through "shaming" people en masse.

THAT is much sicker than making a stupid Hitler comparison.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...olocaust-assad

Referring to gas chambers as "Holocaust centres"? I don't think it's so much the offense caused as the stupidity demonstrated.

The "on his own people" is the key giveaway though. The Jew as other, less than is a familiar and age old trope. Seems not to matter if Jews have lived in a country for hundreds of years they are quite easy to hive off and be presented as less than despite often being the very citizens that have helped build the society concerned. Arts, Education, Criminal Justice, Social Welfare, etc

A little bit of Hitler in all white people? Does that include me ? Moses? What about Old Mr Cohen who used to run the joke shop? How about Primo Levi? How about all those Jews who didn't survive the holocaust, or the Gay people, the Polish, the Gypsies and the disabled gassed and then burnt in huge piles ? Did they all have a little bit of Hitler in them?

To be honest your own idealogy has far more in common with Hitler than all but the most extreme and backwards of white people. Hitler himself was very fond of portraying the Jews as the "the personification of the Devil in the living shape of the Jew". Like you he sought to blame an entire race of people for all societies ills. Even your old adage about white people being like dangerous Tigers is lifted wholesale from a recorded conversation of Hitlers in which he reportedly said

The earth continues to go round, whether it’s the man who kills the tiger or the tiger who eats the man. The stronger asserts his will, it’s the law of nature. The world doesn’t change; its laws are eternal.”
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information