Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Peter camp wants Maskaev now!

Wladimir Klitschko and Oleg Maskaev have been in talks for a unification match but Sam Peter's camp want's the WBC to force Maskaev to face Peter first.I would like to see Wladimir fight Maskaev first and Peter to face the winner between Valuev and McCline, or the winner of the Briggs/Ibragimov fight.By the end of the year there could be a unified champion.

http://www.fightnews.com/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Peter camp wants Maskaev now!

That would be good, but for some reason these unification plans never seem to materialise!
    Funny how ever1 wants to fight Maskaev
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie
    That would be good, but for some reason these unification plans never seem to materialise!
    Yeah no kidding huh... I guess partly it's just that the WBC belt is seen as being more recognized?? I certainly don't see how it holds more weight then any belt at this point considering how Maskaev won it...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie

well, peter has earned his right by claiming the number one spot, brigs has a mandatory? not sure about valuev, klit is free and wants to go for the most prestigious belt there is, not really that funny...

Do hope klit and mask fight first tho, one less champion anda part unification is a step forward. Don't quite understand why peter wants to fight Oleg first tho, unless hes scared of klit and plans to avoid him? otherwise let them fight it out, he will keep his number 1 shot at the WBC and can for for the WBC and IBF after it. Save him self some time and punishment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both Peter & Klitschko should despense of Maskaev fairly easily...two things I want answers from you fellar's on....

#1: Do you think that Maskaev is stupid enough to fight either man?
    #2: If he were to fight either & lose...which he will...then Peter & Wlad will most likely rematch. Peter has improved...has he improved enough to defeat Wlad?
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Both Peter & Klitschko should despense of Maskaev fairly easily...two things I want answers from you fellar's on....

#2: If he were to fight either & lose...which he will...then Peter & Wlad will most likely rematch. Peter has improved...has he improved enough to defeat Wlad?
    they didn't show the teony-peter over here so can't answer about him beating vlad,

But maskaev has no choice to fight peter in one or two fights time? I wouldn't call him stupid for fighting wlad, i would call ihim proud, a true-wanna be champion. Should he beat peter, he could easily avoide wlad beat no ones and hold the best belt, but it seems like he does want to fight him and give it a go at being the damn best at HW, if that's stupid i wish there were alot more 'stupid' boxers around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme

they didn't show the teony-peter over here so can't answer about him beating vlad,

But maskaev has no choice to fight peter in one or two fights time? I wouldn't call him stupid for fighting wlad, i would call ihim proud, a true-wanna be champion. Should he beat peter, he could easily avoide wlad beat no ones and hold the best belt, but it seems like he does want to fight him and give it a go at being the damn best at HW, if that's stupid i wish there were alot more 'stupid' boxers around.
    Just to put a little buggy in your ear about Peter improving...he REALLY beat Toney this time...& with boxing abilities instead of just power.

I was impressed.

He used a jab & some defense. Thing is...the big guy's got a hell of a chin & an even thicker punch. I think that he could clean out the bwoy's at the top...Wlad's the question mark for me.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just to put a little buggy in your ear about Peter improving...he REALLY beat Toney this time...& with boxing abilities instead of just power.

I was impressed.

He used a jab & some defense. Thing is...the big guy's got a hell of a chin & an even thicker punch. I think that he could clean out the bwoy's at the top...Wlad's the question mark for me.
    If sky don't intend to air it anytime soon i wa splanning on downloading it, in te middle of switching isps atm so will be on dial up for a while lol, but then ill dl if i aint seen. seems the Hw is picking up a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was impressed.

If sky don't intend to air it anytime soon i wa splanning on downloading it, in te middle of switching isps atm so will be on dial up for a while lol, but then ill dl if i aint seen. seems the Hw is picking up a bit.
    Yup. It was a goodie. You'll enjoy it. Peter was impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Al Bernstien said "Peter's on the cusp of becoming a complete fighter ,something many people previously felt was not possible"

and "Peter has show the world that he is better for the heavyweight division than James Toney"

the fights on you tube. in 6 or 8 parts. worth watching.
    Peter is dramatically improved.

Regarding Oleg MAskaev.
    As far as him being "stupid" enough to fight Wlad or Peter
    I guess that depends on if you think either one of them are all that.
    Vlad has been wacked out. plain and simple. punchers can and do get to him and when they do. bye bye. Peter seems to be the tougher guy to beat less chance of a KO win and looked very good against Toney.
    Maskaev has to be feeling pretty confident after the repeat KO win over Rahman. Dont forget Rahman drew vs Toney and Toney beat Peter in the first fight (by most observers) So based on that Mask isn't out of Peter's league my any means. (at least in his own mind)
    The big nagging shadows that hang over Maskaev and make all the rest so eager to fight him??

Of course that juicy belt around his waist and

Oliver McCall KO loss
    David Tua KO loss
    Kirk Johnson KO loss
    Lance Whitaker KO loss
    Corey Sanders KO loss

He hasn't done much to outshine those dark shadows other than the Rahman fights, and the win over Sanin Samil Sam doesnt prove much if anything as he had no top guys on his record and it was a 12 rd UD
    Same as the Peter Okhello fight.
    I do ,however ,like the guy. coming from a tough background as a mine worker in Kazakstan. HE seems decent,he's not afraid to go in and throw punches and let the chips fall where they may. That could get him a lucky win over Wlad,but probably a KO loss against Peter

But the obvious fact remains...HE HAS TO FIGHT SOMEBODY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maskaev wants the most $$ he can get before he rides off into the sunset. It's a fact that a Klitchko fight is the biggest payday available to any heavyweight. So is breaks down like this for Oleg. If he fights Wlad and loses, he gets pretty rich. If he gets in a lucky punch and wins, he'll get another great payday. On the other hand, if he loses to Peter, he doesn't make as much money for the loss, and it's all downhill after that. Likely he knows that he has ZERO chance against Peter. Peter is a better punch, a better boxer, and has a great chin. Against Wlad, he has ALMOST no chance. Wlad is a better puncher, a much better boxer, but has a suspect chin. At least he has a punchers chance however slim it may be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A few rabbit punches and peter becomes the new wbc champ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SeanE
    Maskaev wants the most $$ he can get before he rides off into the sunset. It's a fact that a Klitchko fight is the biggest payday available to any heavyweight. So is breaks down like this for Oleg. If he fights Wlad and loses, he gets pretty rich. If he gets in a lucky punch and wins, he'll get another great payday. On the other hand, if he loses to Peter, he doesn't make as much money for the loss, and it's all downhill after that. Likely he knows that he has ZERO chance against Peter. Peter is a better punch, a better boxer, and has a great chin. Against Wlad, he has ALMOST no chance. Wlad is a better puncher, a much better boxer, but has a suspect chin. At least he has a punchers chance however slim it may be.

Excellent,Excellent analysis. Your spot on...(but a bit of a pr1ck)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing is Peter fought a very difficult guy to beat in Toney 2 times so he deserves his shot. How can they keep denying him? Everyone from HW to WW wants a shot at Maskaev cause they view him as an easy target. Peter should fight him first cause I wanna see if Wlad is still gonna want that title when Peter has it. If Wlad unifies it first, who's to say that he'll fight Peter. He might just throw it in the trash and say that he wants to unify the other titles and never fight Peter again. Peter getting the chance he deserves is the best chance we have to seeing the best HW fight out there.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SeanE

Great points.

Thread Information