Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nice fights at Lightweight are finally happening.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Nice fights at Lightweight are finally happening.

Juan Manuel Marquez vs Joel Casamayor (Ring Magazine Lightweight Championship)

Nate Campbell vs. Joan Guzman (WBA, IBF, WBA Lightweight Championship)

Juan diaz vs. Michael Katsidis

Click on link:
    Michael Marley�s Boxing Confidential � News, Analysis, and Commentary

throw in pacquiao in the mix late this year or early next and the fans would all be winners. i hope all these fights pushes through.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nice fights at Lightweight are finally happening.

Quote Originally Posted by KKisser View Post

Click on link:

throw in pacquiao in the mix late this year or early next and the fans would all be winners. i hope all these fights pushes through.
    If these fights happen, I'll be extremely happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your asking for too much in so little time. heh

Don't get your hopes up, but Juan Diaz vs Katsidis ... too awesome.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tough break for Campbell if it's really Guzman that he's facing. I like Nate but Guzman is one of the most talented fighters on this planet. If P4P rankings were based on talent and talent alone he would have to be number 2 on my list.

Can't say I'm all that excited for JMM-Casamayor as it is only a prelude to a 3rd JMM-Pacquiao bout which is OK I guess but I would just like to see Pacquiao fight a decent fighter that isn't JMM, Morales or Barrera. I don't mind that he fights them but when the fillers are Oscar Larios, David Diaz and Jorge Solis it really sours it all for me. I'll probably take a little leave when that fight gets made too unless JMM wins.

I think JMM will win that Casamayor fight but I would love to see Casamayor take it. Not that he's a great guy but it just seems he deserves it. One of the most underappreciated fighters in the game.

Diaz-Katsidis is just a great fight and a rough one. It's tough for either fighter to take consecutive losses. I think Katsidis can stand to lose more and I think he will ultimately lose but he is a strong guy who never stops and has a punch. Great matchmaking I wish they could have done it when they both had 0's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Katsidis doesn't stand a chance against Juan Diaz. I can't expound upon it much more he just doesn't have it and will get ko'd pretty quickly.

I still think Juan Diaz is the best lightweight right now. Campbell took advantage of lousy officiating and used illegal head butts to take Diaz out of it. I think a rematch will prove that.

I completely agree about Joan Guzman being an underated talent. Anyone who can outbox Humberto Soto that easily is scary. I predict he'll be heavily avoided even after he wins a belt.

I'll tell you what great lightweight fight I'm not looking forward to and that's David Diaz / Pac. Still not sold on D Diaz and I'm worried what Pac will do to him.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow!!!

They're some great fights!

Golden Boy will make a killing on these!

Like the sound of Juan vs. Katsidis!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd love Casamasyor (sp) to clean up the Lightweight divison.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tough fight, I think Casa will be too strong for JMM should be a great fight though

Guzman could definately impress here with Nate's power you never know I'm gonna take Guzman UD

Bloodbath, I'm gonna go with Katsidis late TKO outworking the baby bull.

Yeah If these fights all happen (which I doubt) the 135 will be the division of the year.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hughesd View Post
    I'd love Casamasyor (sp) to clean up the Lightweight divison.
    you're dreaming.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hairymadness6 View Post
    Katsidis doesn't stand a chance against Juan Diaz. I can't expound upon it much more he just doesn't have it and will get ko'd pretty quickly.

I still think Juan Diaz is the best lightweight right now. Campbell took advantage of lousy officiating and used illegal head butts to take Diaz out of it. I think a rematch will prove that.

I completely agree about Joan Guzman being an underated talent. Anyone who can outbox Humberto Soto that easily is scary. I predict he'll be heavily avoided even after he wins a belt.

I'll tell you what great lightweight fight I'm not looking forward to and that's David Diaz / Pac. Still not sold on D Diaz and I'm worried what Pac will do to him.

Campbell beat the shit out of Diaz. He did it by beating him at his own game, not because of the ref. Diaz had no plan B and he lost heart quickly when it became apparent that he couldn't bully Campbell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

Campbell beat the shit out of Diaz. He did it by beating him at his own game, not because of the ref. Diaz had no plan B and he lost heart quickly when it became apparent that he couldn't bully Campbell.
    true, would have been better if he had said diaz underestimated campbell and didn't train all that well. i really wouldn't expect the same result if a rematch happens.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

true, would have been better if he had said diaz underestimated campbell and didn't train all that well. i really wouldn't expect the same result if a rematch happens.
    I really don't see a rematch going much differently. Diaz only seems to know one way to fight, Campbell showed he could handle it and he isn't the type of guy whose spirit is easily broken. Diaz doesn't have the power to hurt Campbell, but Campbell demonstrated that he had enough power to hurt Diaz. I was honestly surprised that Diaz made it to the final bell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really don't see a rematch going much differently. Diaz only seems to know one way to fight, Campbell showed he could handle it and he isn't the type of guy whose spirit is easily broken. Diaz doesn't have the power to hurt Campbell, but Campbell demonstrated that he had enough power to hurt Diaz. I was honestly surprised that Diaz made it to the final bell.
    i think the cut diaz sustained also has something to do with his performance plus the fact he didn't expect campbell to be so tough unlike when he(campbell) faced kelly. i honestly believe it would be a more competetive rematch if it does happen.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Click on link:

Now, now...

Where are ALL those Anti-GBP people at who all they do is post the negatives about GBP but when the positives arise they don't even bother peeking in...

When GBP is wrong they are wrong. When PDL did an interview saying GBP wasn't meeting his needs I agreed. It seemed like he wasn't getting any of the big fights and was inactive. Then last year he foughts 4 times and made really good money he opened a restaurant and hes happy.

It is, what it is...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Id settle for nearly any one of those fights.

Think from a spectator view- Juam Diaz- Katsidis would be the best to watch. I give Katsidis a good chance. Katsidis doesnt have great boxing skills but Juan will probably be in his face so Katsidis wouldnt have to go looking. All about styles.

Guzman- Campbell could go either way. If any of these happen would be good.

Thread Information